Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Who Wants To Defeat FOCA And Save Babies? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:13 pm
Mein Kulturkampf
Let me clear up a problem in the OP. Private facilities and faith-based hospitals will not have to perform abortions. This act only applies to government funded facilities.

That said, it seems a lot of you are missing out on one very basic tenet of American rights; the right to bodily domain. Basically, if someone is invading a woman's bodily domain, whatever the circumstances, she is authorized to use deadly force to remove the person. Yes, even if they`re having sex and she changes her mind, if he doesn`t pull out immediately, she is authorized to kill him if necessary to remove him.

A fetus, by definition, is invading a woman's bodily domain. If she wishes, she may remove the fetus from her body by any means necessary. This is a basic human right. If the fetus cannot survive outside the womb, so be it, but she has no obligation whatsoever to keep it in there.
I think I love you. Marry me please? j/k. That's what people seem to forget. And also, it's invasion of privacy. What you do with your body is your business. What I do with mine is my business. You stay on your side of the imaginary boundary line, I'll stay on mine. That kind of thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:34 pm
Mein Kulturkampf
Let me clear up a problem in the OP. Private facilities and faith-based hospitals will not have to perform abortions. This act only applies to government funded facilities.

That said, it seems a lot of you are missing out on one very basic tenet of American rights; the right to bodily domain. Basically, if someone is invading a woman's bodily domain, whatever the circumstances, she is authorized to use deadly force to remove the person. Yes, even if they`re having sex and she changes her mind, if he doesn`t pull out immediately, she is authorized to kill him if necessary to remove him.

A fetus, by definition, is invading a woman's bodily domain. If she wishes, she may remove the fetus from her body by any means necessary. This is a basic human right. If the fetus cannot survive outside the womb, so be it, but she has no obligation whatsoever to keep it in there.

It's just, as someone who likes kids, it's frustrating that I live in a nation where it's socially acceptable to get an abortion over nothing.

Yes it's not that simple, but it's also true.

It's frustrating that people do not recognize the potential in human life, whether it's wanted or not. It's frustrating that society has put us in a place where many women believe it's the best option. It's frustrating that this whole thing is drawing attention from both sides that could be placed actually trying to make a real difference.

Let me ask you, why argue over it like this? Is an abortion really a good thing when it did not have to happen? Wouldn't it be better for us to use our influence to bring our society back to a place where young families are supported (regardless of how they were formed), women felt like they could keep their children and life would not be over, etc?  

ShideKnight

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:00 pm
ShideKnight
Mein Kulturkampf

It's just, as someone who likes kids, it's frustrating that I live in a nation where it's socially acceptable to get an abortion over nothing.

It's frustrating that people do not recognize the potential in human life, whether it's wanted or not. It's frustrating that society has put us in a place where many women believe it's the best option. It's frustrating that this whole thing is drawing attention from both sides that could be placed actually trying to make a real difference.

Let me ask you, why argue over it like this? Is an abortion really a good thing when it did not have to happen? Wouldn't it be better for us to use our influence to bring our society back to a place where young families are supported (regardless of how they were formed), women felt like they could keep their children and life would not be over, etc?
Some people don't see potential in human life once it's born. Take me for example. I'm an artist. I have the potential to be a great artist or writer. My mum doesn't see that potential however and degrades me and makes me feel like s**t as a way for me to have a realistic dream. Because of this, I become suicidal and even think, "if I was aborted, she wouldn't be this way if she aborted me. I would've escaped this if was blah blah blah."

And with what I said with women who are raped, because of the tremendous amount of psychological damage done, in their head, they think it's right. Just like you think preaching the gospel is right. Abortion isn't a cultural universal. Not everyone in the world thinks it's wrong. Our morals vary from culture to culture and even culture to culture. You have to understand that.

And think about this: Imagine you lived in the inner city and had 6 kids, and couldn't afford contraceptive and were expecting your 7th child. What is more important to you, feeding your 6 already born children or risk starving them to have that 7th child?

It's frustrating that I live in a nation where it's acceptable to dig your nose in someone else's privacy. That to me is wrong and shows that with each passing day, we are losing our freedoms more and more and sooner or later we will end up like the USSR.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:44 pm
Dark Angel Rai
ShideKnight
Mein Kulturkampf

Some people don't see potential in human life once it's born. Take me for example. I'm an artist. I have the potential to be a great artist or writer. My mum doesn't see that potential however and degrades me and makes me feel like s**t as a way for me to have a realistic dream. Because of this, I become suicidal and even think, "if I was aborted, she wouldn't be this way if she aborted me. I would've escaped this if was blah blah blah."

And with what I said with women who are raped, because of the tremendous amount of psychological damage done, in their head, they think it's right. Just like you think preaching the gospel is right. Abortion isn't a cultural universal. Not everyone in the world thinks it's wrong. Our morals vary from culture to culture and even culture to culture. You have to understand that.

And think about this: Imagine you lived in the inner city and had 6 kids, and couldn't afford contraceptive and were expecting your 7th child. What is more important to you, feeding your 6 already born children or risk starving them to have that 7th child?

It's frustrating that I live in a nation where it's acceptable to dig your nose in someone else's privacy. That to me is wrong and shows that with each passing day, we are losing our freedoms more and more and sooner or later we will end up like the USSR.

Rai, hon, you missed what I said. I said we should work to make it so abortion is not needed.

There has to be a better solution... there just has to.  

ShideKnight

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:59 pm
ShideKnight
Dark Angel Rai
ShideKnight
Mein Kulturkampf

Rai, hon, you missed what I said. I said we should work to make it so abortion is not needed.

There has to be a better solution... there just has to.
I'm sleepy...and have been fighting with pesky trojans so my brain is elsewhere. (Prolly up my but) but yeah, once our level of technology expands, upgrades, etc we won't need to have abortion. But right now it's all we got. (Granted there is a type of herb that has the same effects. From what I heard.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:07 pm
Everyone has their ideas they get worked up about. This one just happens to be one for both of us, huh? blaugh

There doesn't have to be new technology, there has to be social change. Do you remember what I was talking about earlier in the thread?

What really needs to happen now, I think, is for all of us who are 'pro-life' and all of us who are 'pro-choice, anti-abortion' need to realize the arguments over abortion are going nowhere and that the real way to leave abortion options open for people who need them and cut down on the total number of abortions is social change.  

ShideKnight

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:46 am
ShideKnight
Everyone has their ideas they get worked up about. This one just happens to be one for both of us, huh? blaugh

There doesn't have to be new technology, there has to be social change. Do you remember what I was talking about earlier in the thread?

What really needs to happen now, I think, is for all of us who are 'pro-life' and all of us who are 'pro-choice, anti-abortion' need to realize the arguments over abortion are going nowhere and that the real way to leave abortion options open for people who need them and cut down on the total number of abortions is social change.
Oh I see. Yeah, the only thing on my mind yesterday was fixing my computer so, I skimmed and wasn't paying attention. But you're right. We need to leave options open and not force things on people. Because if we force anti-abortion legislation all you're doing is hurting those who really need it for whatever reason.

I still say we hand out condoms and contraception to teenagers and teach them how to use it. That's our best bet.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:53 am
Goddess of Wolves Rai
ShideKnight

Oh I see. Yeah, the only thing on my mind yesterday was fixing my computer so, I skimmed and wasn't paying attention. But you're right. We need to leave options open and not force things on people. Because if we force anti-abortion legislation all you're doing is hurting those who really need it for whatever reason.

I still say we hand out condoms and contraception to teenagers and teach them how to use it. That's our best bet.

Among other things, yes. That's probably one of the better things that can be done right now.  

ShideKnight

Inaspidersweb

Collecting Capitalist

8,775 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:30 am
Dark AngeI Rai mule
So you would dare take away God's gift of choice to save a single celled orgainsm?

(Im new to the guild. And Gaia and still trying to figure it all out)
Its Murder! To Kill an Innocent who cannot speak up for themself is MURDER!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:52 am
Arez-kdar
Dark AngeI Rai mule
So you would dare take away God's gift of choice to save a single celled orgainsm?

But it's okay to kill an innocent Iraqi civilian who doesn't have the right of free speech? Choose your words carefully, young one.  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

divineseraph

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:10 am
Goddess of Wolves Rai
Mein Kulturkampf

I think I love you. Marry me please? j/k. That's what people seem to forget. And also, it's invasion of privacy. What you do with your body is your business. What I do with mine is my business. You stay on your side of the imaginary boundary line, I'll stay on mine. That kind of thing.

So if I happen to use my body to pull the trigger of a colt .45 pointed at someone's head, can I cry bodily integrity and choice? I mean, it's MY body, I can choose what I do with it. Wether or not killing someone occurs from my freedom to choose what to do with my body is irrelevant, right? You can't tell someone else what to do, or not to do, with their body, right?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:11 am
Goddess of Wolves Rai
Arez-kdar
Dark AngeI Rai mule

But it's okay to kill an innocent Iraqi civilian who doesn't have the right of free speech? Choose your words carefully, young one.

It is not Ok. Neither are OK. Choose your words carefully, younger one.  

divineseraph

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:29 pm
It's also not right to put words in a person's mouth >.>  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items