Welcome to Gaia! ::

Doctor Who: The Time Vortex

Back to Guilds

Tags: TARDIS, Doctor, Cybermen, Gallifrey, Dalek 

Reply The T.A.R.D.I.S.
THE NEW DOCTOR, what does everyone think.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ziggyboggydoo

Gracious Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:39 pm
If we are talking about Doctor number 11, the one right after David tennat, i dont like him that much
The doctor was so whimsical and funny, and serious and proper times...
This new doctor is too serious and has such a short temper...
He almost gets rid of his new companion one the trip w/ her for trying to give him a warning!

I miss David!!
*sniffle sniffle*  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:07 pm
i like matts doctor... he made a very good and pretty funny first impression in the finale... and he keeps in the spirit of 10..
luv the sexy new tardis too ;D  

xXspanner_dogXx

2,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Member 100

gorramKayna

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:07 pm
Ozzyflsgirl
...as far as younger goes, if you look at the first doctor who versus the next and the next he keeps getting younger with each time he takes on a new look.
Not really, he fluctuated with an average age of ealy to mid-forties I think. I know that untill Matt Smith, the youngest actor to play the Doctor was Peter Davison (Five) at 29/30.

Here we go. A list of the actors who have played the Doctor and thier ages when they started doing so.

William Hartnell 55
Patrick Troughton 46
Jon Pertwee 50
Tom Baker 40
Peter Davison 29
Colin Baker 40
Sylvester McCoy 44
Paul McGann 36
Chris Eccleston 41
David Tennant 34
Matt Smith 27

Though I will admit that both Hartnell and Troughton played him as older. Hartnell in particular came of as a man in his 60s or 70s.

Also, does anyone else see a bit of Two in Eleven? I'm seeing a lot of Two. He's like a mix of Two and Ten.  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:22 am
im always going to miss david tenant..... i was crushed when i found out he wasn't returning..... but i think that matt is doing a very good job so far

also... the new companion is pretty awesome too  

michaelgcliffords

5,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

daiches99

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:47 am
What's wrong with Smithy?

I liked David Tennant, he was incredible and while he was perfect for the role and lasted 5 years, I was slightly worried about smithy.

Things have turned out fine however, there's nothing wrong with him, he has actually grown on me now. I didn't want to watch Dr Who anymore but when I saw the first episode by accident I couldn't help myself!  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:16 pm
I really like the new Doctor.
Yes, yes. I know. Shun me all you want.
But he's doing real well, isn't he.
You can't hate him, just because you like Tennant better. You must look into the character, and perceive the good things about each actor. Get into the psychological mindset a bit.  

grandaire

Ursine Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

gorramKayna

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:09 am
No shunning here. I quite like Eleven.  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:46 am
A 10 out of 10 for the 11th Doctor!! Another wonderful choice.  

_Amelia_Pond_11

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:05 pm
I LOVED 10, but I think 11 is great as well!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:49 pm
I have to say, I don't mind the new doctor's age much, but the real thing I have a problem with is the fact that david tennant looked like he knew what he was doing and it was a surprise when you found out he was making it up as he went along. This new doctor makes it really obvious he's making it up as he goes along. It kinda changes the character of the doctor in a bad way.  

Eclipse13579

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Hovakhshatara

2,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:13 am
I agree , it doesn't seem he is much experienced beside with the 9th and 10th they physically looked right for the part , 9th being dark and 10th rising from ashes .bottom line I don' like Smith (at all ) he is ruining doctor who for me  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:23 am
I do like Matt but I will still be a true David Tennant fan  

DiscordWhovian

Junior Genius

4,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Member 100

Beware_Of_Spock

Romantic Genius

5,650 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:03 am
Matt Smith is amazing!!!!!!!
<3  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:12 am
Hovakhshatara
I agree , it doesn't seem he is much experienced beside with the 9th and 10th they physically looked right for the part , 9th being dark and 10th rising from ashes .bottom line I don' like Smith (at all ) he is ruining doctor who for me
Everyone has at least one Doctor they just can't stand. That's the thing about this regeneration deal. He's a different man each time and not everyone is going to like how he changes all the time. If you don't like this doctor the solution is simple. Wait. There will be a new one in a few years.  

gorramKayna

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:01 pm
Ziggyboggydoo
If we are talking about Doctor number 11, the one right after David tennat, i dont like him that much
The doctor was so whimsical and funny, and serious and proper times...
This new doctor is too serious and has such a short temper...
He almost gets rid of his new companion one the trip w/ her for trying to give him a warning!

I miss David!!
*sniffle sniffle*

I think he is really serious compared to usual, but I don't think he is bad. He has good moments. I think he's getting used to a useful companion who DOES stuff instead of going "DOCTOR SAVE MEEEEEE!"  
The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff