Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:21 pm
Waynebrizzle
Allegro
Waynebrizzle
~Xiloscent~
no Chao? TTT_______________________TTT

THEY ARE IN HELL WHERE THEY BELONG.

No seriously? Who thought they were a good idea?

"Hey let's put some stupid digital pets in the next Sonic game."
"A game about speed and running? That sounds great. Then we'll go make a game where he's snowboarding in the air, or some s**t."

They're not as bad as werewolf Sonic since they're completely optional, but I'd rather they put the development time into more stages. I don't think I EVER buy a Sonic game expecting some digipet feature; I would buy Tamagotchi world or whatever if I wanted that.

But yeah, the running parts were pretty much a repeat of Sonic and the Secret Rings, only it was too fast and half the time you didn't know what you were doing.

HEY ******** YOU. The Chao system added a lot of depth to that game. I had no inclination to collect any of the emblems (I got over that collecting s**t with Mario 64, thank you very much), but since the store's items got better the more emblems you have, I ******** raped that game. And my chao ******** liked rabbits. Which was cool, because my sister had a file on another memory card.

And yes, it's not what you would expect, but like I said, it was done very well.

Minusthewholeabilitytohityourchaotomakethemevil. >_________>

I never said it wasn't done well, I'm just saying that it's a really stupid idea to put them in a game like Sonic the Hedgehog, because it is. It does add depth, but that's only assuming you're interested in collecting all the s**t required to raise them. I wasn't, so I guess that's my problem.

I guess Sega wanted to branch out to different audiences.

I mean, obviously putting a hedgehog with hoverskates and an ATTITOODE in the game is retarded as well. But they were trying to appeal to young teen boys. And the Chao were put in there to appeal to girls/ pussies like me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:26 pm
Allegro
Waynebrizzle
Allegro
Waynebrizzle
~Xiloscent~

"A game about speed and running? That sounds great. Then we'll go make a game where he's snowboarding in the air, or some s**t."

They're not as bad as werewolf Sonic since they're completely optional, but I'd rather they put the development time into more stages. I don't think I EVER buy a Sonic game expecting some digipet feature; I would buy Tamagotchi world or whatever if I wanted that.

But yeah, the running parts were pretty much a repeat of Sonic and the Secret Rings, only it was too fast and half the time you didn't know what you were doing.

HEY ******** YOU. The Chao system added a lot of depth to that game. I had no inclination to collect any of the emblems (I got over that collecting s**t with Mario 64, thank you very much), but since the store's items got better the more emblems you have, I ******** raped that game. And my chao ******** liked rabbits. Which was cool, because my sister had a file on another memory card.

And yes, it's not what you would expect, but like I said, it was done very well.

I never said it wasn't done well, I'm just saying that it's a really stupid idea to put them in a game like Sonic the Hedgehog, because it is. It does add depth, but that's only assuming you're interested in collecting all the s**t required to raise them. I wasn't, so I guess that's my problem.

I mean, obviously putting a hedgehog with hoverskates and an ATTITOODE in the game is retarded as well. But they were trying to appeal to young teen boys. And the Chao were put in there to appeal to girls/ pussies like me.

Don't forget that he eventually wields guns.

I don't think liking them makes you girly or anything. I just don't like them, and I've given the chao part of the game a good enough playing to be sure of it. However, I'm also aware that I'm a minority in hating the chaos, so I might as well shut up about it.  

Waynebrizzle

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:28 pm
Waynebrizzle
Allegro
Waynebrizzle
Allegro
Waynebrizzle
~Xiloscent~

Don't forget that he eventually wields guns.

I don't think liking them makes you girly or anything. I just don't like them, and I've given the chao part of the game a good enough playing to be sure of it. However, I'm also aware that I'm a minority in hating the chaos, so I might as well shut up about it.

Obviously, that's your call. And I'm not saying it does make you girly, just that's it's marketed to younger kids and girls to hook them into the core gameplay.

"omg soooo kawaii wait wt in order 2 maek dem betur i haz to play gaem k hey dis fun"  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:31 pm
Got it for Christmas and IMO its the best they've made you far since SA2B and occasionally I enjoy Sonic Heroes.

The Werewolf part is both fun and boring for me sometimes but still like it.

Also I heard there were gonna be Chao.... I see no god Damn Chao, they kept me very entertained when I beat Adventure 2  

0Toon-Link0

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:45 pm
Better than the recent offerings of Sonic games.

Not as good as SA2 though. Mostly because of the ******** werehog levels. xP

Glitchy pieces of s**t. >.<  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:03 pm
Allegro
Obviously, that's your call. And I'm not saying it does make you girly, just that's it's marketed to younger kids and girls to hook them into the core gameplay.

"omg soooo kawaii wait wt in order 2 maek dem betur i haz to play gaem k hey dis fun"
So I'm a girl, eh? Is that it?

I've had it with you.

0Toon-Link0
Got it for Christmas and IMO its the best they've made you far since SA2B...

Tatsuman

Rush. Ruuuuuuuuuuuush. >___<  

Meta_Fish
Captain

nerdyninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:26 am
I bought it
Played it for an hour
Stopped
I haven't played it sense
What the ******** happened sonic team?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:45 am
Well, I've played it for a bit last night.

I gotta say the running parts were of course good. It felt pretty good drifting between the turns.

The werehog parts... to me don't seem as bad.

But I tell ya, if they had done something like a targeting system, it'd make hitting some of them a bit more easier, like those annoying bee things.

I wonder why they took out the whole 100 Rings= 1 Life bit. That was like a staple in the series.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:51 am
TtheHero

I wonder why they took out the whole 100 Rings= 1 Life bit. That was like a staple in the series.
They still have that in the 360 version.
To get more lives in Wii, you have to do the really simple mini puzzles in the temples that you unlock by getting more sun and moon medals.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:04 pm
I was gonna' buy this..... Then I saw the review.  

V1SUAL K31

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:55 am
Well, after beating the game, in no less then 4 days...(I seem to have a penchant for finishing games a little too quickly...)

I gotta say, they werehog parts don't seem as... repetitive as they're made out to be...

Sure the same array of enemies and the same big band music each time, but still not too bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:04 pm
in my opinion...get this game if ur a diehard sonic fan......if not, ul just be wasting ur time  

Jiggly Type

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:14 am
Meta_Fish
Tatsuman

Sonic Rush kicked a**. As did it's sequel.

Sorry, I didn't feel it needed to be stated that those two were awesome. xD;

They're vintage Sonic. Even Sega's been incapable of screwing that up so far.

Anyway, Sonic Unleashed's Sonic levels are the s**t. This game would be the best 3D Sonic game ever without the damn werehog overkill.

There's a point where you go through 6 of them in a freakin' row.
This is where I stopped playing, and I haven't picked it up since. >.>  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:28 am
Tatsuman
Meta_Fish
Tatsuman

Anyway, Sonic Unleashed's Sonic levels are the s**t. This game would be the best 3D Sonic game ever without the damn werehog overkill.

That's like the last level right?

I'll admit I was a little antsy hoping to get to the end, only to have another stage to go through...

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:52 pm
Tatsuman
Meta_Fish
Tatsuman

It was those six that I just finished, and the one part so far that I abolutely HATED. Seriously, most of the werhog stages aren't that bad. But those last 3 in those 6 I just finished, sucked big time, the platforming areas were just so hard and annoying due to bad controls.

But the high speed day stages are AWESOME! best sonic stages in long time. the werehog levels are kinda fun too usually, but the long portions of jumping and climbing, and swinging are terrible. the fighting is kinda fun sometimes, but a little repetitive.

It just needs more day levels instead of so many night ones.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff