Battle of the Bulge Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:06 pm
My favorite meal? Pizza. heart heart heart I am of the Ninja Turtle generation, and it shows.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:31 pm
Karill
Harbone

Also, cutting out soft drinks (not even diet colas) has really helped.

o_x How did you do it? I know sodas are bad for me, but I swear I'm nothing short of addicted to them.

Actually, I'm having issues with eating in general. I used to be one of those people who could eat anything and not gain an ounce. Unfortunately, my metabolism has since slowed and I'm starting to gain weight and in dire need of a diet overhaul.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Before I quit, I pretty much drank three or more Cokes a day, that's one at every meal plus a few between times. That was at least since College.

I had to quite cold turkey, there was nothing else for it. Also, becoming incredibly poor incredibly fast, helped. I couldn't afford the soft drinks.

So, at first, I drank kool-aid instead. (We'll talk about my habit of putting waaaaay too much sugar into the drink mix later. Right now, it was just my first fill-in bad habit after getting off coke.)

Anyway, cutting out the soft-drinks wasn't as hard as, say, cutting out smoking or booze. I had one or two rough nights the first week, but I also drank plenty of nice, purified water (six to eight glasses a day, more than I'd ever even sipped before) and I started to feel pretty good about two weeks later.

All-in-all, it was easier than I thought.  

Harbone
Crew

Evil Eirlys

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:46 pm
I definetly have teh pudgies, and we currently are living with my grandmother because my husband was sick, and she has actually managed to make me weigh the most that I have ever weighed! I'm up to 250, and am rather disgusted with myself. Husband has been getting healthier again and is packing on the pudgies too, this makes cuddling somewhat difficult sometimes. I'm hoping to start working out within the next couple of weeks, but we'll see...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:53 am
I'm about 80 over myself. Luckily I don't have any of the health problems that come with it, but several of them do run in my family.

How about losing when you're on a shoestring budget and your significant other isn't interested in participating (although he could stand to lose a few himself - not as much as me)?

I was doing pretty good about a year ago... doing portion control and getting more exercise (losing about 2 lbs a week) but somewhere in the mess of my grandfather dying last Feb (My husband and I were his live-in caregivers) I fell out of the routine and haven't seemed to be able to steer myself back to it.

I think a support group/network/thread is a good idea... they say misery loves company? (j/k) Seriously though, it's nice to be able to talk to other people that are struggling with the same issues.  

LadyNagisa

elwine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:55 pm
I never really noticed I was gaining weight. Until my boyfriend asked. Because he thought I had 'gotten bigger' since we started dating three years ago. I think he mainly noticed because he hasn't gained any weight. Lucky him too. He eats a lot. If I just look at what he eats, I usually gain like four pounds.

So needless to say, he's not interested in working out with me. Or eating healthy with me. Which is hard as it is, being a poor kid living on her own, with more bills than I can afford. But such is life, especially now. I try, though. I work at Dairy Queen, but only have like, toast or like a BLT. Something NOT from the fryers and almost never any ice cream.

I also don't have the money for a membership to a gym. So working out is tougher.

But I have managed to loose a few lbs. I cut out soda. Except the occasional one with the bf. And not having fried foods. And eating less.

But if anyone has any ideas for fun workouts, I would love to hear them. I want to start moving, but if it's just crunches and jumping jacks, well, those bore me. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:31 pm
Karill
My favorite meal? Pizza. heart heart heart I am of the Ninja Turtle generation, and it shows.

wooo!! damn right. for years i had Michelangelo's dance moves down to a science. i knew those three movies like the back of my hand...

-looks down- hey that's new.. stare  

Danamii

Sparkly Lunatic

5,225 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:23 am
elwine
I never really noticed I was gaining weight. Until my boyfriend asked. Because he thought I had 'gotten bigger' since we started dating three years ago. I think he mainly noticed because he hasn't gained any weight. Lucky him too. He eats a lot. If I just look at what he eats, I usually gain like four pounds.

So needless to say, he's not interested in working out with me. Or eating healthy with me. Which is hard as it is, being a poor kid living on her own, with more bills than I can afford. But such is life, especially now. I try, though. I work at Dairy Queen, but only have like, toast or like a BLT. Something NOT from the fryers and almost never any ice cream.

I also don't have the money for a membership to a gym. So working out is tougher.

But I have managed to loose a few lbs. I cut out soda. Except the occasional one with the bf. And not having fried foods. And eating less.

But if anyone has any ideas for fun workouts, I would love to hear them. I want to start moving, but if it's just crunches and jumping jacks, well, those bore me. sweatdrop

o_o; Your boyfriend gets an "F" in support for you trying to lose weight. It's always been said that you're more likely to lose weight if you have the support of others around you.
But I digress, this is not about your boyfriend.

For exercise, I normally like walking(occasionally jogging) around the nearby lake. I find it more interesting then a treadmill, which I won't do, since it bores me to tears. I'd love to do it more often, but it usually requires 45 minutes to an hour to complete. The good thing is that it's free. :3

And since I'm also a nerd I'm also thinking of a NICE DDR pad (as opposed to the crap one I have) and using that when I don't have time to go out. When DDR was 'in style' and I played it more often, I was in *much* better shape. I haven't tried the Wii fit, though.

What does everyone else here do for exercise? surprised  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:02 pm
Having a toddler around is great for trying to lose weight. Not only do I want to be healthy for her (mainly because she lost both of her grandfathers this year due to a mix of bad health-Hubby's Dad and Cancer-My dad, and I don't want her to lose Hubby and me when it's something as simple as changing our diet and getting active), but I want her to be healthy.

I can stay off sodas at work and home if I have a water bottle, I just refill it when it's empty and sip on it all day. We're upping veggies and cutting down on fatty foods. And this is hard since we're bonafide southerners, but we stopped frying our food.
The easy part is getting active. We dance with our baby and take her walking around the neighborhood and playground.
We're also taking up fencing for the S.C.A. It uses muscles I didn't know I had though. My butt's kicked.
I've already lost 1 pant size! And I'm healthier!

ninja  

Momma Mira

Mikiba

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:25 pm
elwine

I'm usually not one to knock someone's significant other, but your boyfriend sounds like he's not supporting you in losing weight. If he's noticed you've gained weight, he should at least suggest some things to do together. It's always easier to work out with someone else who is willing to go through that journey with you.

I don't really eat anything bad either, I think it's just a lack of movement. The economy is down, and hours at work are slim, so I'm not working as much and I have more free time to myself. I think the best thing for you to do is just maybe some stretching exercises at home. If there's a university nearby, check and see if they have any trails. I went running with my boyfriend who attends the university here and it was a pretty good workout. And if your boyfriend won't exercise with you, find a friend who will.
:3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:41 pm
I've walked past this thread a couple of times, thinking I shouldn't peek in too much, but the fact of the matter is, I used to weigh 250 pounds (113 kilos) just about a year ago.

Mind you, most of what I did to shift the weight was to take most of the sugar and processed foods out of my diet.... that and my partner moved in.  

Miniar

dA fUnKy mOnKeY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:24 pm
Lil-Jo
I want to loose close to 100lbs. I lost about 40 a year ago, gained 10 of that back. I have been on a weight roller coaster since I had my kids. Before that, I was never over 105lbs... so currently I am more than twice the person I was before kids...

For me, the hardest part is that I know what it is like to be thin (way to crazy thin)... and now having to deal with being fat is very hard.
I feel for you before i had my first son i was anorecxic and only weighed 89lbs. Now after two kids and many years i weigh 100 lbs more than i did. gonk I loose a bit gain a bit. I'm glad i'm not the only one.**hug**  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:47 pm
I'm 230 when I should be 180; but since I'm old,who gives a s**t? 3nodding  

Corbin Noir

Divinity Rage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:22 am
Truth: I weigh 350 pounds.

I'm still active and my weight doesn't usually hold me back from going out and doing whatever I want to do. I just had a full medical evaluation and my blood sugar is one point above normal levels and my cholesterol is low. Unfortunately, my good cholesterol is also low due to lack of exercise.

I find myself unable to exercise due to a very short attention span. I get bored easily. I've found the best solution for me is to take martial arts. I'm not focused on losing weight or anything else that would be discouraging for my short-term concentration. Instead, I focus on my performance and promotion and simply let the weight loss happen as a side effect of the training.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:04 am
Okay, I feel better just having read all these. Thanks! In return, I'm going to tell you all a weight related funny.

My sisters and I are almost identical; same face, same voice, same body shape & padding. The only sure way to tell us apart is height: 5'0", 5'5", 5'10". Once, at a family gathering, I described a diet I was going to try, and that I was going to try and lose down from 180 to 150. A sister exclaimed "Wow, I wish I weighed less than 200 pounds!" To which I replied wryly "And I wish I were ten inches taller!"

Taxi Mama

Venuslady

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:10 am
I've ALWAYS fought with my weight.... it sucks! Being that I'm only 4" 8.5" tall, ANY extra weight tends to show up fast! LOL I also think that, being a Taurus doesn't help. Has anyone ever thought of taking their sign of the Zodiac into consideration? Luckily I have a gym membership I like and I am pretty active!  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff