Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Twilight Series Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Frygate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:37 pm
After the weeks since my last post, I have had a change of heart. I kinda wanna read it. Ya'll think it's to girly? for me to read?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:51 pm
Frygate
After the weeks since my last post, I have had a change of heart. I kinda wanna read it. Ya'll think it's to girly? for me to read?
Our opinions shouldn't make a difference in your decision here. It's not as if you're about to off yourself or anything. Look at it this way. It'll help you get points with girls that like Twilight and its subsequent books. It will give you your own solid opinions of its literature. Simple as that. Go for it if you would like.  

Reverend MacManus

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

ChibiLi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:12 pm
3nodding Know why you SHOULDN'T read Twilight?

Because it's a horrible book and an even more tragic movie.

The end.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:14 pm
Frygate

Considering that it's based on geeky teenage girl fantasies. rolleyes

ChibiLi

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:16 am
Just becareful what you read. Here is my view of the intereptation of books, and in many things, directly from the Word of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:21
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

I believe that God commands us to prove non-Christian and Christian materials, and to hold onto them that which are good. When I think about the last part of the verse, I immediately think of Galations 5:22 - 23

Galations 5:22 - 23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

I believe that to prove them, to look upon the things with the knowledge and the understanding of God's Word is that we need to prove them with the fruits of the Spirit. But looking at 1 Thessalonians 5:21 again, it does not say what to do with things that are not good. But I believe the Bible illistrates that if it is not holy, righteous, glorifies, or magnifies the Father, let it by the wayside. For we read in Galations 5:19 - 21 about the works of the flesh.

Galations 5:19 - 21
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

I believe we must imply those verses as well when we decern all things and to prove them with the fruits of the Spirit. And after we have did that, find out which is more beautiful for God, and take the works of the flesh and lay it by the wayside.

Well.... That is what I came up with in 5 minutes. I hope that will help. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:35 pm
ChibiLi
3nodding Know why you SHOULDN'T read Twilight?

Because it's a horrible book and an even more tragic movie.

The end.

Yes. I agree 100%!!! Finally someone who has a mind and can see that Twilight is not as good as everyone says!!!!!!! XD  

Texas Is South

petroleum warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:07 am
i think you should read it cuz it anoys your dad  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:28 pm
Throwing in my two pence here, my signature really says it all in my thoughts for the series.  

Ricette

xlxBeautifulTragedyxlx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:58 am
really its not evil.I mean if u feel its doing something bad to you stop that simple k  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:33 am
The book was written by a Mormon. In the book she puts a lot of Mormon principles in it such as: no sex till married, courtship, being family with future spouse's family before marriage etc... it is an excellent series.  

Typhoeus

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:55 am
Typhoeus
The book was written by a Mormon. In the book she puts a lot of Mormon principles in it such as: no sex till married, courtship, being family with future spouse's family before marriage etc... it is an excellent series.
No sex till marriage is an overall Christian concept. But yeah, it was written by a Christian (someone who accepts Jesus as their lord and savior which mormons do they are just backwards.) But vampire novels usually give you a glimpse at how immortality is like, especially with the Vampire Chronicles.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:03 pm
mazuac
Here's my take on books that contain mystics and magic. As long as it does not interfere with your faith, it's fine.

I love writing books, most of them contain magic, powers, etc. Harry Potter is one of my favorite series. Young Wizards is my ALL TIME FAVORITE! And... I also like Inkheart and Inkspell. Oh, and also the "His Dark Materials" by Phillip Pullman. While the books beleifs are TOTALLY against Christianity, this does NOT mean I can't recognize the books as a terrific story, plot, etc. They are great stories, they just go against the Christian beleifs.

Just my view on books though~

I agree, as long as you don't think you're a vampire and such, you're good.
But talk to your dad and explain why you like them and try to understand his concerns  

Sprockette

Eirana Bearheart

Restoring Cleric

8,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Generous 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:55 pm
Don't let anyone control what you read.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:13 pm
Well, there's a fine line between control, accepting advice, understanding when someone knows what they're talking about, etc.

We do each have a choice over what we expose ourselves to, and once you get a certain maturity no one can absolutely say what you can or cannot do, but it's important to realize that boundaries that are in place are there for a reason.  

ShideKnight

PetitEspoir

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:28 am
I thihnk magick exists, as do other things, creatures and what not, I don't just mean vampire, I'm not sure about them, but other things like that I belive (know!!) exist.
What is so wrong with mixing Christianity with magick, etc.
Aren't the two linked?
Open your minds a little people!
Xx  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out