Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply Theist to Atheist Q&A
Something to believe in Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:31 am
Timo89
About my paper, I want to come up with a college level analyses paper about nature and nurture. I'm using religion as the basis for my paper. I will also look into homosexuality to get some more information. I hope to gain some for-knowledge about psychology as well. But it's just a way for me to put to use the information that was given to me.

If you need any help with developmental psycology, just ask.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:24 am
mrtommyos
Timo89
About my paper, I want to come up with a college level analyses paper about nature and nurture. I'm using religion as the basis for my paper. I will also look into homosexuality to get some more information. I hope to gain some for-knowledge about psychology as well. But it's just a way for me to put to use the information that was given to me.

If you need any help with developmental psycology, just ask.
I'll be sure to, I'll probably need it.  

Timo.exe

Bazyl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:38 pm
Wow, you are a deep thinker. I applaud you on that and you have my undying respect. 3nodding *hug*
Most of my family are very religious and resort to their faith to help correct their problems. They are also closed-minded about the religion, I am the only atheist in my family. I became atheist because I saw no point in catholicism, christianity or god. Another reason, the more I learned the more I came to realize that there was no mention of god in the creation of the galaxy and whatnot.
My third reason... hypocrisy (sp?). I looked into the crusades, the ten commandments, the Inquisition, and the point of indulgences during the medieval times. In the ten commandments its says "Thou shall not kill." In the crusades and the Inqusition, many were killed due to their faith by catholics and christians. They said it was "God's will" to conquer and sacrifice pagans, muslims, jews, etc. because they didn't believe the same thing. [If my history thing is off a bit, please correct me, it's been a while since my history classes]. My last reason is personal... so I'm not going to elaborate.

Despite my family making me go through communion and making me say I'm catholic because I was baptized as one, I never believed that there was a god. :/  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:44 pm
Just two or three more, this is proving very productive, thank you everyone.  

Timo.exe

Timo.exe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:20 pm
I am curious, do you think I should do this with every religion-based (or lack of) guild on Gaia....it would mean the best possible set of information...What do you all think?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:24 pm
Timo89
I am curious, do you think I should do this with every religion-based (or lack of) guild on Gaia....it would mean the best possible set of information...What do you all think?

It would mean a good amount of information, but every guild? There may be alot unless you just hit the big ones. 3nodding  

Bazyl

Timo.exe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:46 pm
Erratic Distortia
Timo89

It would mean a good amount of information, but every guild? There may be alot unless you just hit the big ones. 3nodding
I mean for every kind of morality/philosophy I can get to. One of each if I can, Judism, Christianity, Budhism, ect. You guys have helped me so much and in such little time, too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:56 pm
Go for it ^.^ Have you tried it in M&R?  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Timo.exe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:53 pm
Valdae
Go for it ^.^ Have you tried it in M&R?
yeah, my attempts were considered repeat threads and were chatterboxed. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:54 pm
My story might be simply typical but it took me awhile.
It's like finding yourself. xD
I became an atheist after years of being told what to beleive, why I should beleive if I didn't beleive I was threatened. Also how I became more into learning about the universe around me and this "thing" about God didn't make sense to me. I tried understanding it for a couple years, but to me it's complete bull.
Christianity seemed quite unfair to me after awhile, just a couple years ago I was questioning my sexuality preference but realizing most Christians/Catholics hate the though of homosexuality and bisexulity I considered it very cruel. I kinda branched off after that turning to Wicca for a little bit. Things there didn't make much sense to me either. It's like a kid trying to find herself/himself but doesn't know where to turn. I'd given up on God by then, realized I was really straight, but I didn't wanna look up to someone else for protection. I had relatives die constantly since I was a baby. I nearly lost my both parents when I was 6. I figured that this God couldn't save me, or anyone I cared about. I think that we make our own fate with our own actions and if we mess up we have to pay for it instead of begging for forgiveness and not paying for a mistake.
That's when I guess became an Atheist.
I'm sorry if I don't make much sense, but that's pretty much it.
I hope it helps. sweatdrop

Azurea`

Timo.exe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:10 pm
0mFf3Rz
My story might be simply typical but it took me awhile.
It's like finding yourself. xD
I became an atheist after years of being told what to beleive, why I should beleive if I didn't beleive I was threatened. Also how I became more into learning about the universe around me and this "thing" about God didn't make sense to me. I tried understanding it for a couple years, but to me it's complete bull.
Christianity seemed quite unfair to me after awhile, just a couple years ago I was questioning my sexuality preference but realizing most Christians/Catholics hate the though of homosexuality and bisexulity I considered it very cruel. I kinda branched off after that turning to Wicca for a little bit. Things there didn't make much sense to me either. It's like a kid trying to find herself/himself but doesn't know where to turn. I'd given up on God by then, realized I was really straight, but I didn't wanna look up to someone else for protection. I had relatives die constantly since I was a baby. I nearly lost my both parents when I was 6. I figured that this God couldn't save me, or anyone I cared about. I think that we make our own fate with our own actions and if we mess up we have to pay for it instead of begging for forgiveness and not paying for a mistake.
That's when I guess became an Atheist.
I'm sorry if I don't make much sense, but that's pretty much it.
I hope it helps. sweatdrop
I most certainly does. Thanks ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:02 am
You're Welcome. 3nodding  

Azurea`

Mechanism

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:24 am
Timo89

That sounds like a rather good idea.
I recommend posting something like this in many guilds of each religion, as that would get it done faster, and you would have more reports to choose from.

You might wanna survey these guilds:

Christian: Let the Fire Fall
Believers of Salvation through Christ (membership required to post)
The Love (membership required to post)
Christian Hangout
The Alterative Christian Guild

Jewish: The Jewish Gaians Guild (membership required to post)

Muslim: Muslim Ummah of Gaia

Buddhist: Loving Kindness

Also: Religious Tolerance Guild  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:40 am
Mechanism
Timo89

That sounds like a rather good idea.
I recommend posting something like this in many guilds of each religion, as that would get it done faster, and you would have more reports to choose from.

You might wanna survey these guilds:

Christian: Let the Fire Fall
Believers of Salvation through Christ (membership required to post)
The Love (membership required to post)
Christian Hangout
The Alterative Christian Guild

Jewish: The Jewish Gaians Guild (membership required to post)

Muslim: Muslim Ummah of Gaia

Buddhist: Loving Kindness

Also: Religious Tolerance Guild
This is possibly the most support I have gotten from a group of people in a while. I will begin the posting now as to get as many as possible. Thank you very much.  

Timo.exe

Timo.exe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:51 am
When I'm finished, by the way collecting information I will post all the stories possible in my journal. ^_^  
Theist to Atheist Q&A

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff