Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YAY! Harper Lee

View Results

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:39 am
I read it for my sister when she had to read it for english. I can't believe I never got to read it for high school. I must have been 13 when I read that book, give or take a few years. I can't really remember what happens other than in one part, the one armed black man jumped the fence to escape prison and he gets killed. They said if he had two good arms he would of made it over the fence. And there was the part where the father had to shoot a dog that had rabies. And the brother got his arm broken. The way his arm got broken really made me sick.

Wow, I remember more than I thought. But it is on my must buy book list. 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:35 pm
I had to read two years in a row for school. 8th and 9th grade. I loved it! It was really good. I'd have to say that Scout was my favorite character.  

Dodger Basilico

Leavaros
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:49 pm
Hi Aly! I'm so glad you're here!

Love and Vale,
-LD  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:33 am
To Kill A Mockingbird is great!

I've personally never read it, but I know the basic plot from this excellent flash video: http://www.stanford.edu/~scodary/tkam.htm  

KiyoshiKyokai

Socrates_Peaceful_Warrior

Angelic Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:39 am
To those who hate this book, its ok to each his own. For my I love the end of the court scene when all of the African-Americans stood as Scouts' father walked by. That was awesome.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:38 pm
My class has just started the book and we are on chapter 3. So far it is a really good book. And I don't say that to often for books that have nothing to do with fantasy or suspense. I would read the book now, but I left it at school. sweatdrop  

Satsujin Higashi

Obsessive Bookworm

13,300 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100

Skaedi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:17 pm
On a somewhat related note, Atticus Finch from the movie was voted the Best Film Hero awhile back.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:01 pm
I got this book for Christmas a few years ago and read it not knowing what it was about or what to expect. But I loved it.

I will say that the writing style is for younger readers but the lot isn't fully appreciated until you are older. That is just my opinion. I think I was 19 when I read it first and loved it.

I cannot remember the name of the character but my favorite (except for Boo) was the guy who lived with the blacks and was shunned for it. He drank from a brown paper bag that was found to be only coke. He had a wonderful moral for the children to consider (and readers).  

Tenacious Stitches

Tohrue Honda the Cutie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:39 am
It is one of my favorite stories i liked boo and scout  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:10 am
I loved the book. My fvourite character after Atticus was Miss Maudie...  

andriea10

murphyreads

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:18 pm
I read this book for eighth grade and loved it. I found the story to be realiztic and told through the eyes of a child. I just recently realized that it is based off a true case and that floored me also. The way our courts are today have changed very little from what the book portrays. Espcially with sex crimes, and race. did you know that texas exacutes about 200-400 people a year?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:00 pm
A friend of mine recommends me this novel, I didn't know this author and I really love it ! Such an humanity in these words !  

Lietou

Madame Twiggly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:18 pm
i disliked this book with great intensity in the beginning....twards the end i loved it  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:13 pm
Socrates_Peaceful_Warrior
To those who hate this book, its ok to each his own. For my I love the end of the court scene when all of the African-Americans stood as Scouts' father walked by. That was awesome.

"Miss Jean Louise, Stand Up, Your Father's Passin'."
That was classic.

The scene where Scout is asking all the townsfolk why they were out late at night all holding guns was killer. Just neat how her innocence gave them all guilty consciences about what they were planning to do (lynch a man who by all rights was innocent, as the evidence in the trial seemed to prove).  

jimvansage

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
The FSFBG

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items