i dont want kids
View Results

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:39 am
Tangled Up In Blue
If you'd like to enjoy social security when you retire, then the answer is yes. Seriously, look at Japan: as the oldest nation on earth (demographically speaking), their welfare state is in very real danger of keeling over and dying within a couple of decades.
But beyond that, I don't really think that the world is going downhill, so to speak. Quite the contrary, it's entirely possible that we're at the apex of earthly prosperity, what with global warming and peak oil threatening to shred the very foundation of our modern economy. This may be about as good as it gets, folks. But in the end, the question's kind of moot: the instinct to propagate the species is pretty well ingrained in us humans, and so we'll probably keep breeding regardless of what's happening in the world.

SaintChaos
okay as a simple example, an ice cream cone at my work place is 1.39, back then it was 10 cents....10 CENTS.....inflation or not, its still a large difference....especially gas prices....man they've risen.

Yeah, prices are higher, but that really doesn't matter. What's important is wage/price ratios (i.e. real value). Yes, 'back then' prices were lower, but so were wages. As such, our parents and grandparents didn't actually have more buying power than we do today. In fact, quite a few modern items, such as televisions, are less expensive than their latter-day counterparts, although that's largely due to technological and manufacturing advances and not improved purchasing power.
As for gasoline, that's a simply supply/demand problem, one which has been significantly complicated by the fact that much of the world's oil is in the politically volatile Middle East.
See Real versus nominal value.

Quote:
But who am I kidding. I don't think anyone on Gaia is fit to raise children by default.

A bit harsh, don't you think? Most of the people on this site are pretty young. Isn't it a bit premature to judge their eventual parenting abilities based on their current behavior? That'd be rather like looking at a toddler and saying, 'Well he'll clearly never be qualified to drive'.

hmm....yeah thats true, very interesting. thanks for the input Tangled ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:22 am
SaintChaos
Quote:
No, those are regular diseases, since their transmission doesn't require sex. I do hope you see how you ridiculous you sound; if they can be transmitted by skin contact, they have nothing to do with any sexual behavior we may have or lack, including premarital sex.

excuse me if i base my knowledge off my human sexuality professor >_> the HPV can be transmitted by simple genital to gential contact...and i believe there was another one that was done in the same way. So if you think "I' sound ridiculous, my knowledge comes from a different source other than my own.

Quote:

it should be a choice of yours wether or not you have kids, but not the the extreme where if you decide not to you feel the need to kill it. if you want kids, go for it. if not, well, avoid sex or otherwise try not to get pregnant.

i am pro-life, so i despise abortion. however, i am not for "mother farms" as some would assume. i just want people to deal with the responsibility that comes with consentual acts of the sexual persuasion, without killing their young.

i dont know about other people, but after watching explicit Birth Giving videos in my human sexuality class....i REALLy dont want to go through pregnancy >_> im allergic to pain.

your pain, or the life of another. should you become pregnant, that is. if you never become pregnant, you have nothing to worry about.  

divineseraph

vampy dave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:38 pm
SaintChaos
Quote:
No, those are regular diseases, since their transmission doesn't require sex. I do hope you see how you ridiculous you sound; if they can be transmitted by skin contact, they have nothing to do with any sexual behavior we may have or lack, including premarital sex.

excuse me if i base my knowledge off my human sexuality professor >_> the HPV can be transmitted by simple genital to gential contact...and i believe there was another one that was done in the same way. So if you think "I' sound ridiculous, my knowledge comes from a different source other than my own.

Quote:

it should be a choice of yours wether or not you have kids, but not the the extreme where if you decide not to you feel the need to kill it. if you want kids, go for it. if not, well, avoid sex or otherwise try not to get pregnant.

i am pro-life, so i despise abortion. however, i am not for "mother farms" as some would assume. i just want people to deal with the responsibility that comes with consentual acts of the sexual persuasion, without killing their young.

i dont know about other people, but after watching explicit Birth Giving videos in my human sexuality class....i REALLy dont want to go through pregnancy >_> im allergic to pain.

You do realize that when two peoples' genitals touch, that's usually called "SEX" or some type of SEXual act.

As for the pain, they do have anaethstetics (however that's spelled) that will lesses or get rid of the pain. Besides, while you're having a baby, sure you're in pain. But as soon as it's in your arms, you're probably going to forget about tha ordeal and appriciate the little miracle you now have.

I want one child in about 8-9 years. By then, if everything goes as planned, I'll be out of college, married, and hopefully have a decent job. But that's just me. I want to feel the joy of bringing up a child in Christ.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:31 am
mistressofthelost
SaintChaos
Quote:

Quote:

You do realize that when two peoples' genitals touch, that's usually called "SEX" or some type of SEXual act.

As for the pain, they do have anaethstetics (however that's spelled) that will lesses or get rid of the pain. Besides, while you're having a baby, sure you're in pain. But as soon as it's in your arms, you're probably going to forget about tha ordeal and appriciate the little miracle you now have.

I want one child in about 8-9 years. By then, if everything goes as planned, I'll be out of college, married, and hopefully have a decent job. But that's just me. I want to feel the joy of bringing up a child in Christ.

no....when genitals touch thats NOT called sex. its "intimate" activity but sexy involves "penetration". and yeah i know they have anaethstetics  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:32 am
divineseraph
SaintChaos
Quote:

Quote:

your pain, or the life of another. should you become pregnant, that is. if you never become pregnant, you have nothing to worry about.
'

omg....i never said i would get an abortion. im 100% against abortion let alone would i ever get one  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:31 pm
SaintChaos
This is actually based off of something during a debate in some pm's i had with a friend of mine.

And it got me thinking.....as time draws nearer to the end of times and as the world worsens....should we really have kids at a time like this?

I mean...okay...yes we all suffer during our life time....but compare us to 1950...or 1930....look how much worse it's gotten. The world we have today....whats it gonna be 20 years from now? or 30? its gonna get worse according to the bible and i dont want kids living in a world thats bad enough as it is...and then to suffer through it 20 or so years from now.

I've only read the first post but here's what i got to say:
To have children is God's gift..for his glory of course. "Let the children come to me." he said. So as long as we raise our children God's way and pray that God's hand will watch them. We have nothing to fear. We must trust everything in God. Of course, we might fear but we must leave everything to him. Just the same with orphans, God loves all children, and so must we.  

Uncouth_Youth

vampy dave

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:57 pm
SaintChaos
mistressofthelost
SaintChaos
Quote:

Quote:

no....when genitals touch thats NOT called sex. its "intimate" activity but sexy involves "penetration". and yeah i know they have anaethstetics

I said sex or sexual act. Sexual act = intimacy.

I still don't get your POV. I mean you don't know when the world will end. I could end now or 500 years from now. The bible never says, and the world's been pretty bad before. But, it's your choice, do what you want.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:31 pm
mistressofthelost
SaintChaos
mistressofthelost
SaintChaos
Quote:

Quote:

I still don't get your POV. I mean you don't know when the world will end. I could end now or 500 years from now. The bible never says, and the world's been pretty bad before. But, it's your choice, do what you want.

i had already stated at the beginning of the conversation that it would "seem" to be futuristically "near". of course there isn't a firm date, and of course the bible doesn't give a date either. but from the turn of events in the world compared to how it was back then...especially back in biblical times....it would "seem" to be nearing.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

vampy dave

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:35 pm
SaintChaos
mistressofthelost
SaintChaos
mistressofthelost
SaintChaos

i had already stated at the beginning of the conversation that it would "seem" to be futuristically "near". of course there isn't a firm date, and of course the bible doesn't give a date either. but from the turn of events in the world compared to how it was back then...especially back in biblical times....it would "seem" to be nearing.

What about during the Black Plague? Or WWI or WWII? Or what about when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem? I'm pretty sure the people then thought the world was comming to an end. Just because it seems like the end is near doesn't mean it is.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:49 pm
Anyway, it's really up to God whether or not you should have children. Some couples at my church just pop out kids like hotcakes or something.... Other couples have tried but have had no children. One in particular is actually adopting, which makes me very happy because they would be excellent parents. They're good friends of mine.

But this only happens because God intended for it to be that way for those couples. If God wants you to have children, you'll have them. There's really no point in wondering whether or not we should..  

Berezi

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:08 pm
Berezi
Anyway, it's really up to God whether or not you should have children. Some couples at my church just pop out kids like hotcakes or something.... Other couples have tried but have had no children. One in particular is actually adopting, which makes me very happy because they would be excellent parents. They're good friends of mine.

But this only happens because God intended for it to be that way for those couples. If God wants you to have children, you'll have them. There's really no point in wondering whether or not we should..

its kind of funny you mention the whole "if god so wishes it happens" type of thought. i used to be under the impression that if the doctor says your incapable of having children because of such and such reason that it makes it ultimately so....however...

now im starting to think that "if god intended me to have kids" regardless of having a sort of "children incapability" sickness or disease, ill be able to have kids anyway because its in the will of god. of course this would highly scientifically illogical...

but for christians a miracle is possible always with god, and have enough faith youll be able to bare kids regardless of age or situation no?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:29 pm
SaintChaos
Berezi

its kind of funny you mention the whole "if god so wishes it happens" type of thought. i used to be under the impression that if the doctor says your incapable of having children because of such and such reason that it makes it ultimately so....however...

now im starting to think that "if god intended me to have kids" regardless of having a sort of "children incapability" sickness or disease, ill be able to have kids anyway because its in the will of god. of course this would highly scientifically illogical...

but for christians a miracle is possible always with god, and have enough faith youll be able to bare kids regardless of age or situation no?
Yup. Let's not forget how Issac was born.

And if all else fails, God calls people to adopt as well. Those kids need loving parents, too.  

Berezi

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:40 am
Berezi
SaintChaos
Berezi

Yup. Let's not forget how Issac was born.

And if all else fails, God calls people to adopt as well. Those kids need loving parents, too.

yeah id probably be more inclined to adopt if i ever find a husband who trully wanted kids that badly...if he'd be willing to adopt >>  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:52 am
Nah, don't want my kid to hate me, like how I am angry towards GOD sometimes for being here.  

Sir BlackHeart

Sachi_x

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:01 pm
Well, we never really know when the end's coming. And there were some good points here; although our morals in society have gone down, other things have becomes much better.

I say, yes. You never know what will happen, and if you may miss out on the joys of having children, if you want them.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff