My friend is gothic. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:20 pm
ryoushinn
I have this friend and she's gothic. She says that her parents were mean to her and separated. But really, she's nice. It's just that...she's goth. Would it be wrong to hang out with her? I'm confused....

You can be friends with her if you like. As long as you feel comfortable with the friendship and everything. I had a sorta friend in high school who was gothic and she was one of the sweetest people I knew. She was very cool and nice to everybody. Just because one is gothic or is a part of that scene doesn't mean they are evil or whatever.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:21 pm
Empress_Kat
How is she gothic? Like, she wears all black and chains and stuff? Doesn't sound like a problem to me. If she's into drugs or alcohol or something, then there could be a problem, peer pressure and such, but otherwise...

As long as it's just a style of clothing and music that she's into, I don't see how there could be anything wrong with it.

I wanted to say that just because one person drinks etc. doesn't mean you can't hang out with them as long as you still have the freewill to make your own choices. Just because you have friends who drink doesn't mean you have to. If they start pressuring you to do things you aren't comfortable with then that is a problem and they aren't really your friends and respectful of you.  

LittlePinky82

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:22 pm
-Sunset Wahine-
Friends can really affect your relationship with God. It wouldn't be good to hangout with her if she worships Satan, as a goth. It would be a great opportunity to witness to her about God.

You think people who are gothic worship Satan? rolleyes Sterotyping is wrong you know. I knew plenty of goths when I was in high school and I only knew one girl who was a pagan (or maybe wiccan?) but she was pretty nice and she has the freewill to worship how she sees fit even if I disagree with it. I think as long as she doesn't pressure you to go away from what you believe (now if you do that on your own freewill of course that's another story).  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Eva_Valenti
As the others have already said, if it's just the way she dresses (black, galore, you know?) or something, then that's fine. I don't see why it's bad if that's the only reason you're worried. But if she's sinning as a goth, then that's a bad influence.

It's only a bad influnece if you let it effect your life (to the original poster).  

LittlePinky82

Gods Jester

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:03 am
Just because your too to see beyond a label, you think she a satanist? It's a sin to steryotype, not to wear black clothes.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:27 pm
Well i asked her if she worships satin, and she said no. I mean i wouldn't call her Christian or anything. I'm just afraid that if i hang out with her and her friends i'll become "jaded" a bit. She's nice but creepy at the same time since she likes gothic stuff like demons and things. I'm not talking about those people who thinks demons are cool, i'm talking about those people who like sitting in the dark at night talking to ghosts and stuff.  

ryoushinn

ryoushinn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:28 pm
LittlePinky82
-Sunset Wahine-
Friends can really affect your relationship with God. It wouldn't be good to hangout with her if she worships Satan, as a goth. It would be a great opportunity to witness to her about God.

You think people who are gothic worship Satan? rolleyes Sterotyping is wrong you know. I knew plenty of goths when I was in high school and I only knew one girl who was a pagan (or maybe wiccan?) but she was pretty nice and she has the freewill to worship how she sees fit even if I disagree with it. I think as long as she doesn't pressure you to go away from what you believe (now if you do that on your own freewill of course that's another story).
If she just dressed in black and stuff i wouldn't have a problem. My main issue here is the things she does (which i don't know half of it) the things which she speaks, and if she'll affect me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:30 pm
Demons are the minions of satan, so if she likes them she technically likes satan. Demons scare the living hell out of me, I have been attacked by them several times now. The only person who can like them is someone who is given power by them. Your friend probably has a few demons lurking around that are giving her a feeling of power or control. You will get different opinions from different people, demons are a touchy subject.  

Arrea Delano

ryoushinn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:34 pm
Crimson_Enigma
Demons are the minions of satan, so if she likes them she technically likes satan. Demons scare the living hell out of me, I have been attacked by them several times now. The only person who can like them is someone who is given power by them. Your friend probably has a few demons lurking around that are giving her a feeling of power or control. You will get different opinions from different people, demons are a touchy subject.

>.< Just wondering, how were you attacked by them? How did you encounter them?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:01 am
ryoushinn
I have this friend and she's gothic. She says that her parents were mean to her and separated. But really, she's nice. It's just that...she's goth. Would it be wrong to hang out with her? I'm confused....

Its ok!!! Arr! I'm a goth and a christian. Goth and christian don't clash at all despite what some people think!!!
I <3 christian goths biggrin  

Alice_K8

koreanusher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:58 am
try bringing her to God.... cuz like... i had a lot of problems before  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:30 am
Hey man, I've been labled as gothic. I love black & chains and spikes, hot topic = coolest store EVER.

Yet I'm a very hardcore christian. Have you ever talked to your friend about what she believes?

She might be a christian, too. If she's not, maybe if you just be a good friend to her, she'll move away from her beliefs and embrace God.

You attract more flys with honey than vinegar x3 And the idea is to bring people closer to God, not stay away from them because of what they wear or how they look. Love your neighbors heart

Saria Doragon

Saria Doragon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:45 am
ryoushinn
LittlePinky82
-Sunset Wahine-

If she just dressed in black and stuff i wouldn't have a problem. My main issue here is the things she does (which i don't know half of it) the things which she speaks, and if she'll affect me.

Demons and ghosts are a tricky concept. I urge you to listen to this post with CAUTION.

Demons are definitaly out there. If you dabble into their buisness, they WILL get you eventually. I have friends who have had TERRIFYING experiences with them as they were simply trying to learn more about it.

However, remember that God is on your side, and he will protect you. He is your light in the dark, and if you kneel to him, you can stand up to anything.

I had a friend who was wiccan, who dabbled in witchcraft and demons (She was also very preppy. Pink skirts and all that fun stuff.) I didn't understand a thing about what she did, and it scared me just like it does you. But I went and found out. I got books, I researched online, I found out about the demons she talked to, I read some spells that she tried, I went into witchcraft to see if any are legitamate, if any actually work. I looked at the principles of Wiccan and compared it to Christianity-- I found out what I didn't understand. There is a huge risk in that, concidering you get VERY tempted to TRY some of the stuff. I was tempted to TRY a spell or two as I read them, so I could 'learn if it worked', well, that was Satan's reasoning. I knew that I couldn't try any of it, that even though I'm learning about what's going on, I had to keep a safe distance back and remember that I kept my faith in God. I often had a Bible next to me as I researched the internet or any other book, and I prayed to God to keep me safe and pure as I go into the darkness so I could learn exactly what it is my friend does.

It really helped me understand her. We had talks about religion a lot, and though she still loves demons and practices witchcraft-- she also prays every night. It always struck me as odd and hippocritical that she could perform spells and then pray for strength for herself and friends, but I would rather have her at least talk to God than completely ignore him.

If you want to learn more about your friend, then I encourage you to do that. Once you understand where she puts her beliefs, then you'll be closer as a friend to her, and maybe she'll be willing to learn more about YOUR beliefs, and possibly get hooked on God.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:04 pm
Saria Doragon

Demons and ghosts are a tricky concept. I urge you to listen to this post with CAUTION.

Demons are definitaly out there. If you dabble into their buisness, they WILL get you eventually. I have friends who have had TERRIFYING experiences with them as they were simply trying to learn more about it.

However, remember that God is on your side, and he will protect you. He is your light in the dark, and if you kneel to him, you can stand up to anything.

I had a friend who was wiccan, who dabbled in witchcraft and demons (She was also very preppy. Pink skirts and all that fun stuff.) I didn't understand a thing about what she did, and it scared me just like it does you. But I went and found out. I got books, I researched online, I found out about the demons she talked to, I read some spells that she tried, I went into witchcraft to see if any are legitamate, if any actually work. I looked at the principles of Wiccan and compared it to Christianity-- I found out what I didn't understand. There is a huge risk in that, concidering you get VERY tempted to TRY some of the stuff. I was tempted to TRY a spell or two as I read them, so I could 'learn if it worked', well, that was Satan's reasoning. I knew that I couldn't try any of it, that even though I'm learning about what's going on, I had to keep a safe distance back and remember that I kept my faith in God. I often had a Bible next to me as I researched the internet or any other book, and I prayed to God to keep me safe and pure as I go into the darkness so I could learn exactly what it is my friend does.

It really helped me understand her. We had talks about religion a lot, and though she still loves demons and practices witchcraft-- she also prays every night. It always struck me as odd and hippocritical that she could perform spells and then pray for strength for herself and friends, but I would rather have her at least talk to God than completely ignore him.

If you want to learn more about your friend, then I encourage you to do that. Once you understand where she puts her beliefs, then you'll be closer as a friend to her, and maybe she'll be willing to learn more about YOUR beliefs, and possibly get hooked on God.
I like this post.

People generally fear what they don't understand, so the more you understand, the less you will fear it.

Also...who said all your friends have to be just like you? Very few of my friends are Christian, and I don't think I have even one close Catholic friend (which is what I am). True, I don't agree with everything my friends think or do, much the same way that they don't agree with everything I think or do, but we respect each other's differences and I know I've learned a lot about other religions through them.

So just because this girl might not dress how you dress or think how you think, that's no reason to reject a friendship with her. As long as the two of you seem to hit it off, I don't see any problem with learning a little bit from each other.  

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:52 pm
demons are really scary things. Not fun to mess around with. But there are lots of christian goths smile  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff