Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Fluffy Quotient Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sinister Kung Fu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:53 pm
I've easily broken 200 just for the books alone. At 2 points per book owned OR read that may even push me up past 500 without even thinking about it. sweatdrop
I didn't even bother calculating the rest.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:04 pm
I got 6 points, but I could raise my score after school starts.  

LemurOverlord

Memento Mortalis Es

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:36 am
With Triste's, 21.

And CAW is NOT based on the book. It just took its name from the book. CAW was created to prove that a religion doesn't have to claim to be "ancient" in order to have meaning to its folllowers. I may be a bit off on the specifics, but I was offended by your insulting CAW. I have friends who belong to CAW, y'know. scream  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:46 am
Manhattan
With Triste's, 21.

And CAW is NOT based on the book. It just took its name from the book. CAW was created to prove that a religion doesn't have to claim to be "ancient" in order to have meaning to its folllowers. I may be a bit off on the specifics, but I was offended by your insulting CAW. I have friends who belong to CAW, y'know. scream

I've read the CAW stuff, and Stranger in a Strange Land. They didn't just take the name, the took the entire "spiritual" part of the book.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Memento Mortalis Es

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:05 am
Nuri
Manhattan
With Triste's, 21.

I've read the CAW stuff, and Stranger in a Strange Land. They didn't just take the name, the took the entire "spiritual" part of the book.

*scrathes head* Maybe I'm confusing them with another group... Is CAW the group that says "It's true! It's true! We made it all up and it's true!", or is it a different group?

Anyway, does it really matter if the members find spiritual fulfillment?

Wow, that sounded fluffy. "Spiritual fulfillment" rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:09 am
I just sorta think its sad that they had to get their spirituality from a fiction novel written by an atheist.

That being said, the CAW Green Egg was one of the best pagan magazines ever. Oh...Morning Glory and Oberon Zell....what happened? Zell now writes Harry Potter inspired Pagan books and websites.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Jameta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:04 am
Well, with the updated from TM and my own self-check, I got around 37... *shrugs* I'm probably less than that.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:25 am
(My rambling as I add up my score)
sad Do you lose a point if your name has Moon in it, but it's in another language, and actually your name? Boo- unfair, hehe.
Hmm, lost more cause of my choker, I guess cause it is an inch thick, and goes around my neck, that counts as large jewelry identifying religion...but that has basis, it's not tacky :-p
Ack losing points just because of Makali? Boo-urns.
But I gain points back for that, cause of the Male-Female intermix...right...heh.

Hmm, comes out to roughly 48-52 area.

As for the bit about Oberon he writes the HP stuff for two reasons, a mild dabbling into Chaos Magic, and he thinks that it helps make the ideas accessable to more people (yet going against years of Pagans saying they aren't like the books and movies e.e). I used to think his whole school idea sounded silly...then I found out one of my old mentors is working with the school, and one of my friends has been offered, and is considering, a teaching position with it. The last makes no sense, cause Taylor is pure Chaos Magic, but Oberon has everything tied up with religious beliefs. *Shrugs*  

Ges

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:30 pm
Manhattan
With Triste's, 21.

I have friends who belong to CAW as well. In fact, CAW was one of my first entirely positive pagan experiences, and they gave me a nickname I cherish to this day. However, it is based on fiction, and I refuse to let that go unmentioned. As for my "insulting" them, I would appreciate it if you pointed out where. Stating the facts is not insulting.

As a note to everyone - anything above 10 and you're doing fine. This system is a way for me to concretize my judgements of other spiritual people so I can examine my reasons and rationals. Also, loosing points is NOT a big deal. One of the pagans I respect most has a popular bird for her first name, a tree for her last name, and has the bird as one of her animal guides; that's three points down right there. However, she's one of the most well educated and thoughtful pagans I know and I'm honored to be her friend. The seriousness with which she takes her religion more than makes up for the naturalistic name and the common animal guide.

I'm a little disturbed by how people are reacting to the negatives. The entire point of the quotiant is that one can appear fluffy and actually be one of the few for whom the popular choices truly apply. It's only when one goes below zero that I deem them unworthy of notice.

I'd love to hear what other characteristics other people have reactions to, or even critiques on what I've included. This is meant to provoke thought, not become another means of categorizing yourself or giving yourself a number.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:29 pm
Deoridhe
Manhattan
With Triste's, 21.

I have friends who belong to CAW as well. In fact, CAW was one of my first entirely positive pagan experiences, and they gave me a nickname I cherish to this day. However, it is based on fiction, and I refuse to let that go unmentioned. As for my "insulting" them, I would appreciate it if you pointed out where. Stating the facts is not insulting.

I'm quite sorry, I was wrong. I thought that what I said about the origins of CAW was true, but I have now been proven wrong and I admit it. I deeply apologize.  

Memento Mortalis Es

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:54 pm
Manhattan
I'm quite sorry, I was wrong. I thought that what I said about the origins of CAW was true, but I have now been proven wrong and I admit it. I deeply apologize.

Quite alright. Errors do happen, and I admire your willingness to appologize.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:10 pm
Deoridhe
I'd love to hear what other characteristics other people have reactions to, or even critiques on what I've included. This is meant to provoke thought, not become another means of categorizing yourself or giving yourself a number.

Well, most of my joke complaints were just that, I understand the name, and Totem thing. I don't get the 'Gentle' war Goddess bit for Kali, and others. Are you refering more to people who would consider them such, using a basterdized image? Or do you think that fluffy people are more likely to flock to Kali o'er other Goddesses? Or? What? That's one that left me wondering.  

Ges

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:03 pm
Ges
Deoridhe

Well, most of my joke complaints were just that, I understand the name, and Totem thing. I don't get the 'Gentle' war Goddess bit for Kali, and others. Are you refering more to people who would consider them such, using a basterdized image? Or do you think that fluffy people are more likely to flock to Kali o'er other Goddesses? Or? What? That's one that left me wondering.

I have met several women who claimed to worship Morrigan who showed lametably weak understanding of her nature. They would often say things like "she's gentle with me," or "the patriarcy maligned her! She's a nurturing goddess." For anyone who knows Morrigan or knows those who worship her as a battle and death goddess, which is what she is, this is a grave affront.

There is a tendancy for fluffies to remove the teeth from anything ancient. War gods and goddesses become bastians of the intellectual battle instead of the physical one. The harshness of nature is hidden under a blanket of "Gaia loves you." Goddesses are associated with warmth and nurturing even when those characteristics go against their nature.

It would be like worshipping Kali but saying "those aren't real heads around her hips, they're just for show, and her worshippers didn't really kill strangers in her name, that was a lie of the patriarchy." Kali is necessary, integral, but she is cruel and destructive and not a nice person. I am offended by people who are so caught up in their worship of The Feminine that they misinterpret the gods. It's hubris; pride that is an affront to the gods.

It's hard to get all of that into a bullet, though... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:17 pm
Hm... I wonder what I would get if I took it. Am I a fluffy atheist? Who the hell knows!

Fluffy Atheist Meter:
+1000 if your name is Triste Morningstar

My score: EAT MEH!  

Triste Morningstar

Ges

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:35 pm
Deoridhe
I have met several women who claimed to worship Morrigan who showed lametably weak understanding of her nature. They would often say things like "she's gentle with me," or "the patriarcy maligned her! She's a nurturing goddess." For anyone who knows Morrigan or knows those who worship her as a battle and death goddess, which is what she is, this is a grave affront.

There is a tendancy for fluffies to remove the teeth from anything ancient. War gods and goddesses become bastians of the intellectual battle instead of the physical one. The harshness of nature is hidden under a blanket of "Gaia loves you." Goddesses are associated with warmth and nurturing even when those characteristics go against their nature.

It would be like worshipping Kali but saying "those aren't real heads around her hips, they're just for show, and her worshippers didn't really kill strangers in her name, that was a lie of the patriarchy." Kali is necessary, integral, but she is cruel and destructive and not a nice person. I am offended by people who are so caught up in their worship of The Feminine that they misinterpret the gods. It's hubris; pride that is an affront to the gods.

It's hard to get all of that into a bullet, though... sweatdrop

*Nods* Okay good, that's what I was hoping. I was afraid it was simply for following them, not the misconceptions.

The gentlest thing about Kali, is when you look at the way the Hindu Triad works, She only Destroys, so others can Create... which is funny if you look at it on a social level... sort of I'll kill lots of humans, just so people need to have sex and make lots of babies to make up for it... thank Gods it never got to that point... I'm morbid and would find that amusing, hehe.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff