Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[WP01] Sacred Grove Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Chrystali rolled 2 20-sided dice: 7, 19 Total: 26 (2-40)

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:12 am
Your nosy poking around has disturbed an angry old mare, who chases you off her land. You escape without incident.

In her righteous search for Never Idle's needs, Ascent seemed to forget the rules of etiquette and territory, for surely her task transcended such things! Alas, she was far from correct, and the angry cry and bared teeth of an old Kimeti soon reminded her that she was not above those who called the Swamp home.

She was much faster than the mare, but it was a lesson in humility. Humbled, she tried to be mindful of where her hooves took her.

Chrystali rolled 2 20-sided dice: 15, 4 Total: 19 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:15 am
You hear Never Idle chiding you in a strangely metallic voice: "Work faster! Work faster!" But then you realize it's only a mocking-raven, who must have grown up near the stag's place of business.

Ascent was momentarily appalled. Why would Never Idle be on her heels to press her for speed when he himself would waste time by doing so? The Kiokote was set to tell him as much - certainly he'd get more done if he wasn't micro-managing everyone trying to come to his aid! - but the moment passed and she realized the error of her hearing. The mocking-raven far above fluffed its feathers and cawed out its command again, but this time, Ascent merely smiled. Never Idle was driven; it gave her a sense of accomplishment to be of some help to him.

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali rolled 2 20-sided dice: 17, 20 Total: 37 (2-40)

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:18 am
You trip, right yourself, and trip again. Not three steps later you trip once more. You would almost swear that there's some invisible creature winding around your legs. In fact--what was that?

Being graceful had not been something she possessed once in the Swamp: Her land was sticky and snagged, sinking and heavy with underbrush. It made Ascent grateful for the open land she called home, even the sprawling desert of her mate. What she wouldn't give for the feel of that sand giving 'way beneath her hooves rather than--

The Kiokote found herself nearly muzzle-first into the marshland. Distracted, she told herself. You're distracting yourself, pay attention! Righting herself, she barely lifted a leg before she was down again, this time kneeling on her front legs. Perplexed - and embarrassed - she drew herself upright and tried a nonchalant gait, only to find herself with her legs splayed to keep herself from falling completely, clumsy as a new foal.

She'd tripped, but -- there was nothing in her way! Ascent slowly situated her legs beneath herself again, staring sternly out at the land beneath her. No, there were no roots, no fine foliage in her way, just -- but there! A rustle in the underbrush, a brief flicker of brightly colored eyes. In the Swamp, it could be anything...but Ascent didn't want to find out if it was friendly or hungry. Quickly, pride only slightly wounded, she left the area quickly.

Chrystali rolled 2 20-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:23 am
You locate an especially attractive white plume, of unknown source.

Ah, but those feathers would look remarkable against Descent's dark pelt! The Kiokote smiled distantly, missing her mate. absently nosing the plume. But no - she'd gifted him an item already, and to take more might mean she'd be less able to carry back what was truly required of her. Ascent thanked the Swamp for Her generous gifts of beauty and continued on.

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali rolled 2 20-sided dice: 14, 3 Total: 17 (2-40)

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:25 am
The jellyfish are migrating: a beautiful, luminscent, floating cloud of jellyfish high in the sky above you distracts you momentarily from your task.

Almost as in answer for her thanks, another migration of jellyfish clouded the sky. Ascent once again took a seat and watched, eyes filled with wonder. This would never get old; she was intensely grateful for the opportunity to witness such a spectacle of beauty more than once in her lifetime, let alone more than once in her search!

Chrystali rolled 2 20-sided dice: 19, 6 Total: 25 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:27 am
You had every intention of bringing this perfect fallen fruit back to Never Idle, but temptation won out, and you ate it yourself. Way to go.

It was time for a snack. She'd already given Never Idle and his cranes a branch of perfect fruits...surely one more for herself was not untoward...?

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali rolled 2 20-sided dice: 10, 11 Total: 21 (2-40)

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:28 am
You locate a perfectly round, enormous boulder. It is exactly what Never Idle needs--but you're going to need help to uproot and move it. Help required. Success!

Ascent's eyes were wide. She'd never seen a boulder fashioned in the shape of the sun, but there it was -- right in front of her, round and rather sizable, the boulder Never Idle had requested. It was enormous, rather set in the mire and looking as though it had been for a time long before her own. Perhaps it came with The Flood? The Kiokote had no way of knowing, and rather than muse over its origins, she knew she'd have to use the light of day she had to dislodge the boulder and set it on the path to Never Idle.

But could she do it alone?

"Unlikely," she sighed to herself, but standing there and waiting for another to come by seemed a fool's errand. Stubborn, she set about the task of setting her teeth around a generously sized branch that had fallen and, after a bit of struggling, her prize gave way with a loud creak and a snap, leaving a quarter of its length submerged. Ascent tucked the branch at the edge of the boulder, trying in vain to use her hooves to 'pop' the boulder out of its place. Suffice to say, it was not working.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:53 am
Chrystali

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Light was concentrated on delivering the goods to show to the chief that she can be a great asset to the tribe even if she was a newcomer.

She galloped through her usual path when up ahead, she noticed another Kio. She was in her way and noticed a boulder had planted itself in the middle of the path. She came to a halt beside the stranger and said "Need some help? I sort of need to get through here."  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:05 am
The Swamp worked in mysterious ways, and surely enough, a female of her own kind soon trotted up next to her, giving Ascent quite a bit of surprise. The sage-colored Kiokote smiled wide and brightly, dipping her head to the newcomer that was potentially saving her hide. She'd never seen such a beautiful blue on another before! "I gladly accept your aid to move this behemoth, especially if it is of mutual benefit." She chuckled to herself, setting her sturdy shoulder against the rock, flipping her long mane to the side so it wouldn't get caught. "My name is Ascent, friend, and I am grateful for your presence." She gave the other a level, calm expression, awaiting the other to get situated before she tried anything.

FrostyPeaches
Thank yoooou <3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:12 am
Chrystali
noo thank you for wanting my help!

"It is no problem. I need to stay strong to be of help to my tribe members," she said as she gave her lungs a rest from running. From the situation the other doe is in, she figured putting their strength together could somewhat push the boulder aside to keep the world going. "You have such a lovely name. It suits you well." She turned her body and lowered it as she angled her legs to keep herself sturdy. "My name is Light the Path. All my siblings are Achas. You may call me Light." With her neck resting against the boulder, she asked Ascent: "Are you ready?" and started to make her push.  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:29 am
"Thank you," she replied with a humbled smile, pleased by the words but trying not to lose sight of the task at hand. Ascent was even more impressed to find that this Kiokote came from a mixed family -- not unlike the one she was trying to start with her own mate. "You are aptly named, Light -- yes, let us be free of this blockade."

Together, they pushed, and the combined might of the hearty Kiokote freed the boulder from the mire, putting the perfectly round rock on the path towards Never Idle. With it free, Ascent was certain she could roll it safely as long as she didn't hit any bogs. "Thank you, Light! Your aid will not be forgotten. Please, continue on; surely you do your Tribe proud." Grateful, she gave a small bow of her head and pressed her shoulder and neck to the rock, taking her prize to its destination.

FrostyPeaches
Of course! If I can return the favor, please let me know! <3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:50 am
Chrystali
Oops sorry for the wait. mom told me to eat lunch. this should do it right? goodluck with gathering things for Never Idle (:

She didn't want to show the other doe that she was in a hurry and covered it with a forced smile back at her. "Dont think bad of me. My parents are nice kin and none forced their love onto the other," she laughed. "Okay let's do this."

It took a lot of effort but after a few minutes of nudging and shoving, the boulder rolled over and uncovered a small ditch underneath. "Thank you too for I would have not been able to roll this thing over on my own out of this ditch."

She bowed back at the doe and darted off again. It is never a good sign to show up late while on delivery. Light kept on running at full speed, not caring what would happen to the boulder and hoped that the doe was able to be on her way too.  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers