Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Hall of United Brethren

Back to Guilds

In this guild everyone is Gaian and everyone is equal! We are community based and friendly. Come join the fun and make new friends! 

Tags: Community, Friends, Gaia, Role Play, Unity 

Reply The Main Hall
Weekly Guild Party Time Resedual! PLEASE give feedback Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you come party?
  yes
  no
  maybe
View Results

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:39 am
GLJordan
EST is four hours earlier than you

Yes so with that in mind what time would be good for you EST lot to party on a Friday?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:47 am
Maybe the party could alternate weeks between the chat room and Barton fountain, so all members have access on one or the other?  

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

GLJordan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:30 am
Nights-Rune
GLJordan

Yes so with that in mind what time would be good for you EST lot to party on a Friday?

3pm EST or later  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:27 am
GLJordan

We're actually not on EST though, for half of the year the East Coast is on EDT or EDST. EST is -5, and EDT is -4. Either way though, we'd be five hours earlier, because the UK doesn't observe GMT in the summer months either, but instead move forward to BST (+1) in the same manner we move to EDT.  

Kay9214

Lonely Nerd

Kay9214

Lonely Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:32 am
Nights-Rune

The US's east coast is five hours earlier than you. (When the last one started at 1 for you, it was 8 here)

Oh, and if the party had started at 1 GMT, it would have been 2 there... >.<

You're on BST right now, right? >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:36 am
jellykans
Maybe the party could alternate weeks between the chat room and Barton fountain, so all members have access on one or the other?

I concur. Cycling between locations would make it more likely for more people to go at least at some point, if anyone has problems with some of the venues.

Maybe between Towns 1 as long as it's alive, zOMG, and the Guild Chat, or the two most popular or available among them.

Maybe some of the other spaces as well. I was at... I think it was a Halloween Party in the Hollywood flash space, and there were dozens of us in the Nightclub on the far left of the space. It was rather interesting.
There's stuff like rally too, but I'm no expert.  

Kay9214

Lonely Nerd

Salt N Burn

Greedy Fairy

7,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:35 am
Eeeeeeh sorry I missed it. >.> Gaia's been a bit slow for me. ^.^ Cheers though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:05 am
Salt N Burn
Eeeeeeh sorry I missed it. >.> Gaia's been a bit slow for me. ^.^ Cheers though.

Ha ha, well, I was the only one who showed up, so you didn't miss much.

Four or five hours later we had a few people... I think we got up to a group of five once later on. >.<  

Kay9214

Lonely Nerd

Salt N Burn

Greedy Fairy

7,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:09 am
Kay9214
Salt N Burn

Four or five hours later we had a few people... I think we got up to a group of five once later on. >.<

Well, I'll keep a look out this time. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:19 am
Salt N Burn
Kay9214
Salt N Burn

Well, I'll keep a look out this time. smile

Hopefully the time will be ironed out and everyone will be on the same page... ^_^

Although, I don't think I can make it this time... :(  

Kay9214

Lonely Nerd

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:39 am
Kay9214
Salt N Burn

I am still having time finding a time and time format that everyone can easily come on at. We need at least a majority...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:03 pm
Nights-Rune
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
In the guild chat space, my space bubbles don't appear. So, if you want to know what I typed, you have to check the chat history box.

Yeah we are having small teething problems with the place. I was originally thinking towns 2 but some people just can't get on it.

is there anywhere everyone would be happy with meeting?

Barton Fountain is a great idea. What about meeting in Rainforest? It's always dead so that would be low lag. I don't have any lag problems on my comp so I'm probably in the dark over knowing where it's a problem for others.

I have to think a custom chat space can't be all that far in the future for gaia. Guess the issue then would be getting anyone to agree on any one look for it.

The real issue here is scheduling a time that works on both sides of the water. This could be tricky.

Lyekka

Rainbow Trafficker

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:01 pm
Nights-Rune
GLJordan

My bad. I forgot all about the party. Will try to make it this coming week.

On meeting in Towns 2, make sure they enter thru Virtual Hollywood. You often jam on going in directly.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:49 am
Lyekka
Nights-Rune
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
In the guild chat space, my space bubbles don't appear. So, if you want to know what I typed, you have to check the chat history box.

Yeah we are having small teething problems with the place. I was originally thinking towns 2 but some people just can't get on it.

is there anywhere everyone would be happy with meeting?

Barton Fountain is a great idea. What about meeting in Rainforest? It's always dead so that would be low lag. I don't have any lag problems on my comp so I'm probably in the dark over knowing where it's a problem for others.

I have to think a custom chat space can't be all that far in the future for gaia. Guess the issue then would be getting anyone to agree on any one look for it.

The real issue here is scheduling a time that works on both sides of the water. This could be tricky.

Yeah the rain forest is a super idea! It is pretty and low lag. for now I am going with 3pm BST and running till 4pm maybe 5pm to give others a chance.  

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500

Negi163

Handsome Exhibitionist

16,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Champion 300