Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Hall of United Brethren

Back to Guilds

In this guild everyone is Gaian and everyone is equal! We are community based and friendly. Come join the fun and make new friends! 

Tags: Community, Friends, Gaia, Role Play, Unity 

Reply The Main Hall
Future events in the guild... What do you guys wanna see? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:40 am
Nights-Rune
jellykans
Or do relays - make two teams and each side has to answer a question before their runner can go (or use RNG or dice).

that sounds fun!

We should brainstorm, get a lively competition going, I'll offer 5k as a starrter prize donation. If each person with a winning idea gets 1k of the 5k prize and there are 3 ideas picked up for contests, that still leaves 2k as a seed donation for prizes for an actual contest besides winning ideas!

Say you have 20 ideas, half are familiar, half are new.
Half of the new ideas are practical, half are not.
Of the 5 ideas left, 2 are too complicated to use with manpower available.

You end up with 3 new contest ideas to use in the guild.

Each person with one of those 3 ideas gets 1k, leaving 2k as a started donation to fund one of the contests!

Sending 5k for that.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:43 am
Nights-Rune
jellykans
Or do relays - make two teams and each side has to answer a question before their runner can go (or use RNG or dice).

that sounds fun!

We should brainstorm, get a lively competition going, I'll offer 5k as a starrter prize donation. If each person with a winning idea gets 1k of the 5k prize and there are 3 ideas picked up for contests, that still leaves 2k as a seed donation for prizes for an actual contest besides winning ideas!

Say you have 20 ideas, half are familiar, half are new.
Half of the new ideas are practical, half are not.
Of the 5 ideas left, 2 are too complicated to use with manpower available.

You end up with 3 new contest ideas to use in the guild.

Each person with one of those 3 ideas gets 1k, leaving 2k as a started donation to fund one of the contests!

Sending 5k for that.

See? Now I feel good I supported my new fun guild and it's still in my budget! Maybe somebody else has 2k of gold hanging around, then we have 4k in the kitty for a contest, and 3 members get rewarded for coming up with good ideas for the guild - which then has the right to use those ideas. Seems like an all-round wi-win-win to me!  

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

ryruko

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:59 pm
Nights-Rune

Yup! Just a thought, I'm a lover too but I always enjoyed those event battles! It's actually how I met most of my friends!
I do suppose the very idea goes against the values of the guild. Hall of UNITED Brethren. Racial unity and peace is a big deal for us.

jellykans

Another splendid Idea. Of course I would be willing to donate and help out with prizes! Hahah, you made an event out of coming up with events! Brilliant! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:06 pm
I don't know whether I should reply here or in the crew's thread (since I want to discuss both contents), but since I want to throw out ideas, I figured that this thread would be more appropriate for it.

If you guys don't want to push away the guild's value of united peeps, why not add some sort of sharing/swaps activity between members whenever an event comes up? Sending Valentine cards and Secret Santas are most common ones, but I'm pretty sure we can come up with something for any other major holidays.

Easter egg hunt would sound adorable. When a member find an egg, they are to report back to guild crews. The contents of the egg can be decided on the crew who hide said egg. Crew members can be as creative with the egg contents as they want, without having to limit themselves to just gold and Gaia items. For example, crew can just compliment the user's avatar/profile/posts, give some random image of kawaii animals (plus a witty comment to go with it), draw some random pet/animal art for the user... If I can think of more prizes, I'll type them out, but right now, I don't know of any. xD  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:03 am
Yen Quest
I don't know whether I should reply here or in the crew's thread (since I want to discuss both contents), but since I want to throw out ideas, I figured that this thread would be more appropriate for it.

If you guys don't want to push away the guild's value of united peeps, why not add some sort of sharing/swaps activity between members whenever an event comes up? Sending Valentine cards and Secret Santas are most common ones, but I'm pretty sure we can come up with something for any other major holidays.

Easter egg hunt would sound adorable. When a member find an egg, they are to report back to guild crews. The contents of the egg can be decided on the crew who hide said egg. Crew members can be as creative with the egg contents as they want, without having to limit themselves to just gold and Gaia items. For example, crew can just compliment the user's avatar/profile/posts, give some random image of kawaii animals (plus a witty comment to go with it), draw some random pet/animal art for the user... If I can think of more prizes, I'll type them out, but right now, I don't know of any. xD

Cool I am thinking a recipe swap at Halloween (I have a cookie recipe that makes the best grunnie cookies) Maybe some kind of contest to do with it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:02 am
Nights-Rune
Cool I am thinking a recipe swap at Halloween (I have a cookie recipe that makes the best grunnie cookies) Maybe some kind of contest to do with it.
I don't cook, so I can't participate, lol. But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy looking at other types of activities. Maybe we could do a Halloween music video swap or something. Who wouldn't more spooky music on Halloween? emotion_kirakira

Halloween is all about dressing up in costumes, right? Avatar contests and tekteking outfits for each other would be fun. I may gift random members lollipops (gaia item) and sweets, just because it goes well with this holiday.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:37 am
Yen Quest
Nights-Rune
I don't cook, so I can't participate, lol. But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy looking at other types of activities. Maybe we could do a Halloween music video swap or something. Who wouldn't more spooky music on Halloween? emotion_kirakira

Halloween is all about dressing up in costumes, right? Avatar contests and tekteking outfits for each other would be fun. I may gift random members lollipops (gaia item) and sweets, just because it goes well with this holiday.

Yeah I defo want a costume contest blaugh

I love spooky music... we are a long way off but its my fave event so i will make it epic I know the art contest i wanna hold at event time... but wana keep it secret for now... *suspense noises*  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:46 am
Nights-Rune
Yeah I defo want a costume contest blaugh

I love spooky music... we are a long way off but its my fave event so i will make it epic I know the art contest i wanna hold at event time... but wana keep it secret for now... *suspense noises*
I'll be one of the judges for the costume contests. It's not like I'll be away from my computer when Halloween comes around irl, since I'm stuck with handing out candy anyway. emotion_dowant

Oooh~ eek  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

Alex Trevell

Mythical Tactician

23,340 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:41 pm
Think the guild could use an official mule character for donations and such. That way any money necessary for expanding the guild, or anything contest related will allow for payments to be made to them.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:45 pm
Small seasonal events might be nice. Like for Christmas, Valentine's Day, that kinda thing.  

Bleeding Apocalypse

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Alex Trevell

Mythical Tactician

23,340 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:46 pm
Or a quote scavenger hunt. You have to go online and find out the origin of as many quotes as possible.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:47 pm
Bleeding Apocalypse
Small seasonal events might be nice. Like for Christmas, Valentine's Day, that kinda thing.

I have some presents ready for the major holidays. What kinds of event would you like to see.

I am liking the idea of the egg hunt smile  

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:50 pm
Alex Trevell
Think the guild could use an official mule character for donations and such. That way any money necessary for expanding the guild, or anything contest related will allow for payments to be made to them.

I am so bad with mules that I would be worried it would get locked out. I have a thread in the crew lounge to help with Treasury managing. I will be keeping a track of who donates what in there both items and golds. I am also working on a tank to fund the guild. I have an investment plan to keep my gold comming in so I can do better / more contests + events.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:51 pm
Nights-Rune
Alex Trevell

I am so bad with mules that I would be worried it would get locked out. I have a thread in the crew lounge to help with Treasury managing. I will be keeping a track of who donates what in there both items and golds. I am also working on a tank to fund the guild. I have an investment plan to keep my gold comming in so I can do better / more contests + events.

Sounds like a much more organized system, actually.  

Alex Trevell

Mythical Tactician

23,340 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Rat Conqueror 500

Bleeding Apocalypse

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:54 pm
Nights-Rune
Bleeding Apocalypse

I have some presents ready for the major holidays. What kinds of event would you like to see.

I am liking the idea of the egg hunt smile

Small Secret Santas might be nice. Maybe TekTek contests?  
The Main Hall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff