Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
It's People Like This That Give Us A Bad Name Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:05 pm
I knew a girl like that.. she even started wearing a hijab when she was dating a Muslim boy. emotion_facepalm rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:00 pm
This girls behaviors define HER as a person, not bisexuals are an entity.

Furthermore, her actions affect her and should remain that way. What she chooses to do with her life has nothing to do with any other bisexual in the entire world nor should they concern themselves with it.

Like it's been stated many times, who cares?

The social stigmas attached to sexual orientations other than heterosexual have always dominated the orientations themselves, it's not some new trend nor do her particular actions determine them.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:00 pm
Invincible Youth
So, I go to school with this chick who can't seem to make up her mind. In 8th grade, she was bisexual. In 9th grade, she was straight. Last year, she was all over the place until the spring when her girlfriend got pregnant (what?) so she swore up and down that she was strictly a lesbian. Today, I find out her girlfriend left her on Sunday. Yesterday, she got with a dude. On top of that, she's all like "I love you baby we'll be together forever!" and I'm like "You JUST met him yesterday."

People like this give bisexual people such a bad name.

Reading this, namely the last line got me thinking. How people will judge bisexuals based on what that idiot does.

But let's pretend she was straight and hooking up with a lot of people, so in love then not in love and fighting and breaking up then in love with someone else the next day.

Who'd say "Oh, that flighty idiot gives straight people a bad name."

No one, right? Hrm.

If I weren't so tired I could think more of why this happens to minorities and the consequences.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:15 pm
Lady Kayura
Invincible Youth
So, I go to school with this chick who can't seem to make up her mind. In 8th grade, she was bisexual. In 9th grade, she was straight. Last year, she was all over the place until the spring when her girlfriend got pregnant (what?) so she swore up and down that she was strictly a lesbian. Today, I find out her girlfriend left her on Sunday. Yesterday, she got with a dude. On top of that, she's all like "I love you baby we'll be together forever!" and I'm like "You JUST met him yesterday."

Reading this, namely the last line got me thinking. How people will judge bisexuals based on what that idiot does.

But let's pretend she was straight and hooking up with a lot of people, so in love then not in love and fighting and breaking up then in love with someone else the next day.

Who'd say "Oh, that flighty idiot gives straight people a bad name."

No one, right? Hrm.

If I weren't so tired I could think more of why this happens to minorities and the consequences.

This isn't about bisexuals it's about those who flip flop their orientation.  

LesserDog

Savage Sex Symbol

8,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

PixiecuTT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:16 pm
Timid Mishu
This isn't about bisexuals it's about those who flip flop their orientation.

Whut? From the first post in the thread: "People like this give bisexual people such a bad name. "

The discussion is about bisexuals; specifically, whether or not flip-floppers give them a bad name.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:48 pm
Invincible Youth

Agreed. I know exactly how and what your feeling. I dislike females like such...

Even so, Along with what others are saying, She could just be finding her sexuality.

BUT. I don't like girl or boys who broadcast they're relationship and then claim to be attracted to one gender.  

Mama Spliffs

Vermillion Smoker

Karmerruk
Crew

Dangerous Lunatic

6,475 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:53 pm
Invincible Youth

Why does it matter to you? I agree with the others, if someone's going to base their opinion about all bisexual people on one person, they're idiots. Besides, labels are for clothes not people. What does her romantic life have anything to do with you or anyone else not directly involved? Sure she's not doing the best in her dating life, but that's her business.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:58 am
Sexuality isn't something that one can easily define, especially during high school. That time in someone's life can be extremely confusing. The best thing you can do for anyone is to show tolerance and love.

Ezra

Fashionable Businesswoman

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

brb yiffing in hell

Timid Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:21 am
Invincible Youth

Oh gosh... -__-  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:24 am
Invincible Youth

It's high school give the girl a break. Sexuality is not easily defined and is one of the biggest questions of a person's life.  

Pandasarenotracist

Super Noob

Sea Thrift

Hygienic Browser

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:36 am
I was flip flopping orientations from high school until earlier this year, lol. Sexuality is fluid, but in my case, I felt constantly pressured to suppress it for many years due to religious beliefs. It wasn't until I finally freed myself from that did I find myself finally content with my sexuality.

But some teens are like that. I'm taken by the fact that she seems more led by infatuation than actual love. Maybe she needs a friend to sit down with her for a talk, help her to see that she being fickle may work against her. Of course... in nicer words. x3  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:57 am
Lots of bashing around here. neutral

Has anyone thought she could just be royally confused/unsure about her own sexuality?

Hormones are BATSHIT at that age combined with the psychological aspect that teenage years are the time we experiment and try on and discard "masks" to see which ones fit our Self (capitol letter intentional) no wonder she is bouncing about. Hell, I am 23, and wasn't totally sure I was bi until like 3 days ago when I went to a strip club. (yup very bi!)

Instead of criticizing her, approach her from a place of compassion. Think about what would cause such erratic behavior in your own life. Imagine what it must be like for her to experience those radical shifts - doesn't seem very peaceful at all.  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

OllieOllyOxenFree

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:40 pm
I can understand both sides of this discussion.
On one hand, the bad stigma that attaches itself to bisexual women when these barsexuals get in on their game. Fact is (at least in my area) bisexual women are taken a lot less seriously by others when you have someone running around claiming to be bi and being fickle and, well, for lack of a better word "slutty?" (feels gross to use that word but I'll admit to a limited vocabulary). Whether we like it or not judgement is passed and although it may not bother all women it does bother some.
On the other hand. This girl is very young and could still be searching her sexuality. She could be very unsure of herself and is just trying to explore and there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe give the girl some time and until then support her like you would any other member of this little community we have.
Either way it doesn't mean we need to spread hate or pass our own brand of judgement onto these women, it just means we need to stick to our guns and thicken our skin a bit.
For risk or sounding cheesy, if we start judging that doesn't make us any better.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:39 pm
I had something similar to this, except the girl constantly pretended she was pregnant.  

Uba_Diawara

Nimble Cleric

6,900 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Crux_Nightmare

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:48 pm
I know how that is. I was dating this guy who seriously almost dumped when I told him I was bi-sexual. When I demanded an explanation he went on and on about how bi-sexuals are more likely to cheat. I was infuriated... did this jerk just insinuate that I was a cheater based off a stereotype?

People, there is a difference between being bi-sexual and being a cheater. If a person cheats, it's because they would have always done so, regardless of their sexual orientation. Either you're a cheater or you're not. So, finally after I went off on him about this... he ran out of reasons and fell silent. "I guess you're right... I'm sorry" *scoff* "damn right you are". Here's the kicker ladies and gentlemen. HE cheated on ME about a year later. How's that for ironic? Dirt bag lmao.

So, in conclusion... there's always going to be those people that create those stereotypes and people who believe those stereotypes but what you can do is be you.

Someone wants to get in your face about it?
User Image

JD~

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas