Welcome to Gaia! ::

Miracle of Life: A Pregnancy Roleplaying Guild

Back to Guilds

A RP guild based around the joy of impending motherhood. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Pregnant, Maternity, Motherhood, Expectant 

Reply Super hero subforum: (Under Construction)
Super-hero Subforum! INPUT NEEDED! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WritingTime

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:30 pm
I kind of find it odd Starburg is in the middle of the ocean, if on a tiny island. It should be more north yet on a small piece of Australia, or what's left of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:56 pm
WritingTime
I kind of find it odd Starburg is in the middle of the ocean, if on a tiny island. It should be more north yet on a small piece of Australia, or what's left of it.

Its not on an island, its suppose to be on the coast of that piece of land where the star is.

Its just bit confusing cuz thats the only star icon my version of photoshop was able to make. xD  

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:12 pm
Quote:
The ones that got destroyed were simply unlucky, Darwin would have be destroyed by the Shattering itself while the other one got tsunami-ed to bits (or thats what I thought anyway). Feel free to correct me on any of this stuff as its your home country I'm goofing off with. =P

So the NE chunk is Astaria, Western chunk = ???, and the SE piece is still Australia. Think that works?

And yeah, I'm sure we'll be able to get creative with turning deadly creatures into even deadlier mutant versions.

Maybe for a health shop or spa name we can use "Tone to the Bone"? And for a costume place, "We Love that Special Face". It's iconic you know to know that your face is on a magazine with that underneath.

What do you all think of Starburg's location on the map? I wanted to choose somewhere near the ocean like MF mentioned but I also wanted somewhere near mountains and lower laying areas so we have them as location threads.

Sorry there's a lot to reply to here so I'm quoting a few postings in one reply. Okay, so Darwin was shattered and Melbourne was destroyed by Tsunami? Sounds about right to me but I don't know that much about geography or any of that stuff. We can always change that later if it's wrong.

Hmm, well I would correct anything but I sadly have never been to that bit of Australia where Starburg is located in the story. I can research it though and see what's there, what the climate is like, fauna, flora and so on. I should know what's up there. Lol. But I've forgotten.

Cool, that sounds like fun about the mutant creatures. XD

Writing Time, I love your name for the health spa. Tone to the Bone gets a tick from me. I think the second name for the clothing shop might be a bit too long though.

I think it's a good location for Starburg but then I need to know what's up that end of Australia in the first place. It does look like there are some mountainous areas due to the wrinkly lines on the map. *squints at*

Oh, and I thought maybe have caves which form a maze/network in the side of a cliff? You're right, the aqueducts/sewer system wouldn't really work. I'm pro-caves at the moment.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:54 pm
Even with the nice high resolution map I found, things are hard to tell whats what. For the most part I was just guessing. xD

If you would look into that for me MF, that would be AWESOME! Don't need to go overkill on it, but some info would be more handy than none. Would hate to go in saying something like 'this area is hot and humid' when in truth that area is always raining. xD

I also second your decisions on the shop names, Tone to the Bone is good but the other is eh.

We can still have some fun with the cliff-side/caves. Nothing wrong with making them all full of mazes and stuff, not to mention with the whole continent moving about new passages may have opened while old ones might have closed.  

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

WritingTime

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:56 pm
I was trying to connect to the idea people use masks to gain special faces, but oh well. Anyway, in terms of villains, should the villains have an army of robots who patrol the cities that remain or should they just be super secret. I assume they're going to be super secret based on how things will go, but having an army of robots might be good if we can make it just for funny moments like the villains have someone to scold when they really are the ones who failed.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:21 pm
You can ignore this; https://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&q=map+of+australia:+queensland&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x6bd4df247a62dcfd:0xf5f2d0227612be99,Queensland&gl=au&ei=_3vSUJyaEuisiAf44oDoAg&ved=0CDQQ8gEwAA

I'm just reposting it so I don't lose it in a pile of PMs. (Edit: Mt Isa = possible base of operations for mutant mob boss/Bunyip(s))

@ WritingTime; The bad guys are probably gonna keep to themselves and be all secret cuz we will have a nice high security super jail for them. Plus the swarms of mutant plants and animals will be causing enough chaos that they can sneak around and do what they please.  

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Viper 9000
Even with the nice high resolution map I found, things are hard to tell whats what. For the most part I was just guessing. xD

If you would look into that for me MF, that would be AWESOME! Don't need to go overkill on it, but some info would be more handy than none. Would hate to go in saying something like 'this area is hot and humid' when in truth that area is always raining. xD

I also second your decisions on the shop names, Tone to the Bone is good but the other is eh.

We can still have some fun with the cliff-side/caves. Nothing wrong with making them all full of mazes and stuff, not to mention with the whole continent moving about new passages may have opened while old ones might have closed.

Yeah I can look into that for you. I might need to look at a few maps and suss out what's what.

Queenland itself is very unpredicatable. We have a few main 'seasons' that seem to cover half the year here. One is winters, which are very mild in the part where I live and only require a few extra blankets on the bed or a warm top. They tend to be a bit dry and breezy but we do get some rain on occasion.

The other is the summer season, which is hot, humid and sticky, with a period that has rain and thunderstorms from all the humidity. Sometimes we get cyclones as well. Or floods. There'll be a few years with barely any rain and then we get a change of weather systems and it rains and pours. The rainwater has nowhere to go so we end up with huge areas being flash-flooded. That's what happened last year. Everyone loves the winters here though. Summers where I live get up to or over the 30 degrees C mark.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:40 am
Meyaira Firespring

Ok, thanks for explaining. If/when we start off this RP we'll just pick a season and say thats the ruling season for the most part. Being from California, I'd probably choose a fallout winter as the season. =P

WritingTime

Also, with this subforum now under construction I'm quickly finding myself in need to funny names for things, like "Just Ice Cream". Just Ice Cream is now going to be the starting location of all HERO characters joining the RP and I want a similar funny title for our VILLAIN starting location.

So far the best I've come up with is the VILLAIN location would be a biker bar of sorts. I've got names like, Man Cave (which won't really fly when I'm sure we're gonna have female villains too) and BATMAN Cave (with the lights in the letter T dead so you read BA(D)MAN Cave). The best one I'd come up with has been Vin's Village (and in small print somewhere on sign, "where bad guys go to pillage)

In addition to naming the basic bad guy hangout, I've been trying to come up with a name for the bridge that will connect our continent of Astaria with the western most chunk named of ??? (which still needs a name) as well as a name for our high tech super jail space station. Oh and if you know of any good pictures of a space station that might work as jail, shoot me a link to it. I'm gonna try to start off each of these threads with a cool looking picture like I've done with Just Ice Cream. http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php/?t=23520809&page=last&_gaia_t_=5844  

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:37 am
How about 'The Bad Apple' for the biker bar? Or 'Fallen Fruit' or something like 'Den of Sin'. Just be blatantly obvious. XD It sounds cool so NO ONE would think that super villains hang out there. (Well, that's my opinion. These are probably more silly than 'cool'. Ahaha cat_sweatdrop )

For the bridge: Boomerang Bridge, Quakebow Bridge, Archer's Bow Bridge, The Plank, Stickytape Bridge, Curveover Bridge, Kangaroo Leap Bridge or 'Kanga Bridge'

Maybe that part could be could Westalia? Since we have Tasmania and Astaria and the part hanging to the left is western Aus. Or Pertha (since Perth is situated at the far right and Pertha is fun to say).

As for space station pics, gotta have a look around...

Oh and I found out that there's a lake Moondarra right next to Mt Isa, so that's nice.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:49 am
"This! Is! Pertha!", sorry, I was thinking of that stupid This! Is! Sparta! reference from the movie 300. I went and saw that on my TV at home and boy was that a weird movie. I am glad they made a movie off of it just to make fun of it because I personally feel it deserved it. Anyway, when I think of the name Pertha you reminded me of it Meyaira.  

WritingTime

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:57 pm
Lol @ WritingTime. I liked that movie, it was good. If you want a weird movie, see Meet the Spartans. Its one of those parody/spoof movies but it was funny.

Ooooooooo, good names. I like Pertha, The Plank, and The Bad Apple.

Is the lake by the actual Mt. Isa or the Mt. Isa town?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:35 am
Well I looked on the Google Maps satellite image of Mt Isa and couldn't see any actual mountain, so I would say that lake Moondarra is simply next to the city of Mt Isa.

._. I wonder if whoever named it thought about that name properly befrore they did so. Unless I am missing the mountain somewhere. But right where it says Mt Isa, there doesn't seem to be one. Lol.  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:01 pm
Ideas, via my friend Ziginz from DA.

Ziginz

Locations...let's see.

Victory Spire: Home to a more traditional super hero team who have been dumb struck by the sudden outbreak of new heroes and villians. They are having an open membership drive to make up the difference.

Vandel Town: A ghetto district full of all manner of sin, legal or otherwise. New drugs on the market include power amplifiers, pregnancy slow downs and speed ups, and one very addictive injection called Blue Heat. All of them have various side effects, some good some bad, and are illegal for various reasons.

Way Port: A neighborhood near the city piers that man dock workers call home. Usually a quite community by the sea, strange creatures have been seen coming out of the water as of late. Some say they are like humanoid fish, and many agree they may be mutated wild life caused by the "Event"

As for the cause of the powers and pregnancy...options...

A scientist was researching a certain serum that, theoretically, would help human beings evolve in new and facinating ways (Including A-Sexual reproduction, high speed gestation, and various other pregnancy inducing abilities.) The serum was incomplete and unstable when the scientist was suddenly murdered and his research went missing. Before long people started developing powers and now the new metas have to figure out how they were exposed to the serum before the whole world shares their fate. That is, unless, they want the rest of the world to end up like them. Choices.

An interdimensional race of world walkers stumbles on the current universe and see humanity as weak and incapable of surviving on their own. Seeing themselves as helping humans, they expose the population to various energy waves that trigger mutations in various individuals. Their work dobe, these alien entities leave to let the augmented humans grow into their new abilities. Should they return and find success they intend to shower the whole world in these unknown waves.

A psionic girl has sex for the first time and accidently triggers her psionic powers. She suddenly becomes pregnant and reaches full term in less than an hours time. Her mental powers go berserk as she tries to slow down her pregnancy, not realizing the waves of psionic power she is unleashing across her city. These waves awaken various, latent abilities in others, but also cause many woman in the city to become pregnant as well. This is either by accelerating their own pregnancies, causeing them to become hyper sensative to certain stimuli, or a barrage of other methods. The girl manages to put her pregnancy on hold, but swiftly realizes she has done something that is beyon her power to undo. She has also gained the attention of those that would abuse her powers and is forced to hide. Adventure ensues

I'm sure I could come up with more if you need. I'll also be working on profiles for bad guys if you want. If not I can just provide names.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:55 pm
Meyaira Firespring
Well I looked on the Google Maps satellite image of Mt Isa and couldn't see any actual mountain, so I would say that lake Moondarra is simply next to the city of Mt Isa.

._. I wonder if whoever named it thought about that name properly befrore they did so. Unless I am missing the mountain somewhere. But right where it says Mt Isa, there doesn't seem to be one. Lol.

Oh well, still gonna have uber bad guy hideout there cause the town is still far enough out of the way that it would be hard to get to. Either that or I'm just gotta start picking spots on my map that I like and labeling them as I damn well please. twisted  

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:51 pm
Labelling them as pleased would probably be a lot easier. emotion_yatta

Wowow, I like a lot of those ideas from Ziginz. Especially the one about the humanoid mercreatures. And 'Blue Heat' just sounds cool. Well, I think it does. Ehehe. cat_razz  
Super hero subforum: (Under Construction)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games