Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Chronicles of Magesc

Back to Guilds

A breedable/changing pet shop guild for role play. 

Tags: Magesc, Soudana, Seren, Abronaxus, Dragon 

Reply ⊶» Ϻɑɢєsc «⊷
Questions and Feedback Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:52 am
Tangled Puppet

Q:
You can do PRPs with your own characters?

A: Yup! You can treat it like a normal prp and have alternating posts in the RP Forum, or you can type up a solo type of rp. If you go this second route make sure the word count has 500 per character!
So if I have a prp with Grrel and Toki written up solo style, I would need 1000+ words.

Q: How do weapons and Dovaas work?
If I wanted to RP Ara as having a small dagger would I be able to?
What about for battles...would I be able to use it or would I have to buy one from Arick?

A: Yes you can, but it gives you no in battle bonus. Samril has clawed gloves or something like that so you can to~

One of these days we'll get about to giving non imprinted weapons a small bonus to atk and allowing any race to use 1 (in addition to their main weapon) in battle :3

On weapons: You can have other weapons other than your imprinted weapon! You can rp with them all you like, they just won't give you a bonus in an battle just yet. Just make sure to confirm with Staff that the weapon you want is okay within the shop itself.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:41 pm
Nye U-chan

Q:
I want Char's(her character) Imprinted Weapon to be of the magical sort, but I don't think a wand or staff would suit her... Could she have some sort of wooden fan that when closed resembled a wand, but still opens up into a fan?

A: All imprinted weapons are magic :3

If you want to go the Mage route, a staff or wand is what you get. You need something that is made to help channel magic and that means wands and staffs. I think we staffers talked about it, and decided that mages, cause they have epic spells, have to decide between a staff, wand, or scepter.

Archers get anything ranged, Barbarians get big blunt or simple weapons (Double bladed axes, hammers, clubs, maces, that sort of thing) and Warriors get blades and the random sort of stuff that people think up like whips, bladed fans, elastic ribbon blades.

She can have a non imprinted weapon to use in rp's if you wish. Like Niki's Samreal, he's a dovaa so doesn't get an imprinted weapon, but uses clawed gloves I think in his rp's and hunts :3  

Magesc
Captain

Magesc
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:45 pm
awendybird

Q:
Question about hunts -- is there a waiting period we must observe in between hunts or can we do one right after another? Also, is there a limit on the number of dragons per hunt a character can go against (other than the practical limit of the 300word/dragon req)?

A: You can hunt as often as you like, just keep track of where your LUK is and post in Stat thread when you gain a level. No cool down/wait period between them.

As for how many critters you can attack at once, I've done 4 dice rolls at once.There is no limit, but for each critter there is a dice and for each critter you MUST have 300 words. So 4 dice means an rp of 1200 words. You can roll one die, rp, roll another die, rp, roll another die, rp all in one thread. But if you do that, it counts as 1 hunt and only fills up 1 Hunt Req, so if you need lots of Hunt Reqs, don't do that. But if you want to level up fast, and don't need to many Hunt Reqs, I'd say do it :3

You can even fight a dragon and a critter at once if you want :3

Examples: Each of these counts as one HUNT Req
Kadryn vs 4. This is a one post with multiple die rolls.
For this type, you do not add LUK gained from the first/second/third die rolls and count them towards other die rolls, only after you have completed the entire RP do you add in gained LUK from this type of post/battle type. That's cause the fight happens all at once.

Ainsley in a 2 part battle This is a roll, rp, roll, rp.
For this type, include any luk gain from the earlier post's fight. The fights are considered separate cause you rolled in 2 different posts. So the earlier LUK gain gets added to the Second one's roll.

You can also just roll one die and rp, then in a different thread do the same, but link the to by saying "Continued in X" and include a link at the end and continue a fight there. Like in Ainsly'e battle, instead of having both battles in that one thread, he could split them to 2 threads and link them together. That means he'd get 2 Hunt Reqs instead of 1 Hunt Req.

Whenever you level up though, please post in the Stat thread ASAP! Quite a few people do multiple hunts then post, and that's fine. But be aware that there may be errors in your calculations and that if there is you(and robot kitten our updater) will end up having to go back through and recalculate stuff to ensure you get the correct amount of exp.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:04 pm
Fluffesu

Q:
For a group hunt involving multiple Dragons, can just the first person roll the dice and they go with whatever those rolls are? Or are multiple dragons not allowed in group hunts at all?

Orpheus Solon

Q:
Another question then, does that apply for dragon battles too? If two characters were to take on a mass of Dragons would their word could still sit at the # of dragons x 300? Was thinking on tossing a couple of mine against a mass of Kiandri.

Edits: What you get from the dragons, does it go off their separate luk or what it is when added together?

A:
Group vs Dragons: Each person must write 300 words per dragon! So yeah, it's a-gonna be a big rp if you face multiple dragons. Each person rolls a die for each dragon (unless first person rolled wins for all the dragons then there's no need)
First die from everyone counts for the first dragon, second die from everyone counts towards the second dragon etc. Take the highest die rolled and see if it means you win.

To beat the dragon, combine everyone's LUK (ignore your LUK EXP, they don't count) add it up and use that as the "Group LUK" and base off the win/lose ratio from that.

As for what you get from the dragons. A luk from each win (unless that dragon is below your rank. Like Grrel is in the Kinadri's rank, any Ayrala's she beats only get her a LUK EXP, Ysali's get her only regular EXP)
and an orb for everyone :3

EX:

Example
Kadryn, Rosetta and Grrel go out fighting 3 Aeduan. They can do this since their combined LUK is above 65 even though none of them can fight an Aeduan alone. (LUK's aren't real in this example, I'm just making up #'s~)
Kadryn LUK: 43
Rosetta LUK: 5
Grrel LUK: 20
Group LUK is 68.

Aeduan stats: Level 75 LUK 65

Everyone rolls 3 dice.
Kadryn: 81, 31, 5
Rosetta: 16, 95 56
Grrel: 16, 8, 1 (heh heh heh)

To beat the Aeudan they will need a 61-100 (68 group LUK vs a 65 LUK)
Die 1: highest is an 81, this is a win.
Die 2: highest is a 95, a win
Die 3: highest is a 56, this is a loss.

To count this an a dragon hunt, each will need to post 900 words.

EXP and stuff gained: Since the dragon is higher than their ranks, they all get an LUK!
+2 Aeduan Orbs and
exp: Win x2: 75/3(group members)=25 EXP x2 wins=50
Loss x1: 75/2(loss)=37.5/3(group members)=12.5 round up for +13 EXP
50+13=63 EXP for everyone.

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:41 am
The Only Black Uke

Set 1
Q: Interracial romances/friendships seem to be taboo among all the races, but as a neutral (or relatively neutral) race, are the dovaa any more accepting of this type of engagement? Does it vary at all from family to family/place to place? Do any of the clans have differing opinions on this or is it different on an individual-to-individual basis?

A: The Dovaa as a whole are also relatively and generally against it just as much as any other race is, although it really does come down from family to family generally. Individuals tend to make up their own minds about such things, be that either based off of a family tradition or what is generally widespread, but it really does come down to the individual and their personal feelings. You won't be banned for thinking "to each their own" or anything like that, so don't worry.

Q: Other than interracial relations, are there any over-arching taboos across Magesc and, additionally, any taboos specific to certain races? (Ex.: homosexuality [already answered, ty], age-difference relationships, sexual relations outside of marriage/union and/or at too young of an age, relationships between those of large gaps in social status [rich - poor] and so on…)

A: Whatever you would find in this world as "taboo", you could potentially find in Magesc as the same thing. Again, it goes back to the family/individual's line of thinking. Some people don't give any care to homosexuality, although some find it weird/strange and other's downright hate it. Everyone, for the most part, sees sexual relations as an adult thing rather than teenagers. When I think of all of these things, the biggest issue within Magesc is racial differentiation and the sexual attraction to those other races. That's the biggest and most important issue that everyone has to know. As far as other things, it comes down to the personal opinion of the character.

Q: Are there gender roles typical to dovaa (or any of the other races') culture [ex. are certain types of magical arts or general professions considered more ‘feminine’ or ‘masculine’] and/or to what degree do sex and gender play into daily life, expected norms, politics, and so forth, if at all?

A: Honestly, I never thought about this before, but just assumed that as far as on a day to day basis, I guess men and women are equal on any form or level. Obviously (when talking about Dovaa) the Ysali (plant) clan is viewed as a more feminine one, whereas say, Gaili is a more manly choice; but it's your character's choice to make. There are people who are highly opinionated that believe there are "stronger" and "weaker" clans within the Dovaa, but technically everyone is good against another and bad against another clan. With other races, the "Mage" is generally looked upon as a woman's choice, whereas the "Barbarian" is typically reserved for that of a male. But again, it's up to the character to decide that. As far as gender goes on a daily basis, I don't believe there are too many differences than what you would see in America today. You will find the sexists in the world, but it just comes down to how the character was raised, really.

Q: What are their (dovaa and the other races assuming there are differences) courtship rituals like? (I.e., you obviously can’t take a girl/guy out to the movies or ask them on a prom date, so what’s considered a ‘normal’ way to express interest in a potential significant other and what age does this sort of interaction start to occur? Are there any special traditions for wooing someone that are considered especially romantic, etc.?)

A: This would be extremely fun to incorporate, but I haven't ever thought that far. You can go on "dates" with others (ie: taking a walk, doing a dragon hunt, just talking, or anything else the character's want to do that can be done within the world). My characters (Kav and her NPC boyfriend Alex) just went to the market and spent a day there. There are also different festivals that occur, and it's normal to take a man/woman you like with you to these different festivals throughout the year. :3

Q: For a dovaa specifically, what all does choosing a clan entail (other than adapting the varieties of magic specialized by that clan) - i.e., does it involve going to a specific place for training, separate from other clans? Far away? Close to home? Does it involve alienating those who choose other clans? Does it mean (potentially) aligning yourself along something as serious as a side in a battle effort? (That is, are certain clans decidedly "pro" Orderite or "pro" Oblivionite and arming soldiers for battle in that mindset?)

A: In the clan choosing, generally one will simply go speak to Marcus (who is generally pretty busy, but always has appointments). He will give the character a large orb full of dragon power (based on the clan you've chosen) and then you take it, and whenever you're ready, you break the "glass" barrier and it infuses with the character, changing the eyes to the color of the clan and potentially shifts other colors as well. As far as training goes, most training is done on dragons (which live out in Magesc, not the Celestial Plane where Dovaa live) or through sparring with one another. There is the entire Coliseum where people go to watch Dovaa fight and where they can spar with others. They don't necessarily have separate training away from others, no. But they can have a mentor who helps them realize their power potential (an NPC or another character perhaps). The Celestial Fortress (where the schooling takes place) is just down the way from Astral City (where most Dovaa have set up homes for themselves). So all in all, it's not a very big place, but going to the Fortress will set you apart from your family, even though it's only a couple hours voyage from the Fortress to the city to begin with. It's not a very huge place, the Celestial Plane.

Q: In many cultures, even within a specific race, there’s a hierarchy and certain things which are looked upon favorably while other traits suffer prejudices. Among the dovaa are there any distinguishing features, purely physical, which might cause a character to suffer insult or (alternatively) earn them praise and admiration? (Ex.: horn shape, skin color, stature, a 'way' of talking/dressing, etc….) Something as simple as - is being tall and muscular as opposed to slim considered favorable, or not a factor?

A: Well, as I've already said, some clans are looked at as "weaker" than other clans within the Dovaa community. For instance, Ysali are said to be the "weakest" among all the clans, even though they aren't any weaker or stronger than any other individually. Whereas being a Firani or a Gaili is considered a more "favorable approach" to signify power and strength. The main tell are a Dovaa's eyes (as they change color with the clan choice). As far as specific distinguishing features, I'm sure one would be made fun of (or looked at oddly) if they had a malformed set of horns or horns that didn't fully develop into anything. I'm sure muscular > slim in terms of being more favorable, but that's all based on one's opinion of what they view as favorable. Of course, social class or the "richer" who have nicer things would probably tend to be snobby and look down upon those who don't have all the great garb and things that they do, and would probably be the majority of the "problem starters" in the looks factor. It's really loosely based on our world for a lot of the prejudices and things. Whatever one could potentially see as a "fault" would probably be taken as one from someone within the world.

Q: At what rate do the different races age (the age ranges by the different stages suggest something similar to human aging, but I figured I’d ask)? How old do they live to? At what age or stage in their life are they considered “adult”? What all does this entail? (I.e. Are they expected to move out of their family homes and make a name for themself? Is it a social stigma to be living with your family as an adult, or is that acceptable? Is it common for them to live in large groups [extended family all in a condensed area] or do they split off more often? Is it common to rely on or make use of older generations [grandparents etc.] to help raise children, or is that solely the responsibility of the parent?)

A: This is exactly like human aging. Generally by the age of 10 or so, they're able to choose their path of life and it is expected that one would go stay with the school of their race until they are at least an Expert, which then they could go back to their families and decide where they want to take their life. It is acceptable for people to live with their families as adults and even a multitude of generations under one household. Though, again, it's up to the individual families to make that sort of decision. Most tend to live in the large social housing districts within the major cities on the continents; though of course there are many different people who don't live with their families and would rather live out in the wild altogether.

Q: What kind of ceremonies/rituals are key in dovaa culture (and other cultures)? I.e., do they celebrate birthdays? Coming of age ceremonies? What would the equivalent of a “wedding” be like? Are there any traditions specific to that? Do they practice arranged marriages? Polygamy? To what extent do parents or older generations play in who an individual would choose as a life partner?

A: Dovaa: They have their True Form quest (if they make it that far) when they become a Master.
Orderites and Oblivionites: Companion Quests. These are done to receive a companion (also at the Master Stage).

As far as parties and things, there are festivals and large gatherings of people for those occasions. Coming of age ceremonies would probably be closest to the graduation of the students from Apprentice -> Adept and then to Expert. This "graduation" is really more of an unspoken thing as the stupid just goes from one class to the next stage of classes, and no real ceremony is even done for them. I'm sure some families do practice arranged marriages (I would say more so in the Oblivionite and Dovaa cultures than Orderites). As far as polygamy goes, it would probably be looked down upon, but isn't at all against any laws sanctioned by the different governments; so who's to say that they couldn't marry 3-4 different people? It all goes back to individual families. Most are totally against the different races coming together to form a family, and most would not agree that it's right in the least to have multi-racial households (since loving someone of a different race is taboo), but I would say it depends on the individual and how much they care about the opinions of those parents/grandparents whether or not this person or that person is right for them.

Q: What holidays do they have and why are they significant? (In one of the creature description sections I read 'Christmas' and 'Valentine's Day' being mentioned but...surely the holidays in this world are different from ours? Christmas is a religious holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus [who doesn't exist in this world] and Valentine's Day is named after a saint that doesn't exist in this world, etc. )

I'd be fascinated to learn about cultural-specific holidays, holidays related to history on Magesc, and holidays related to the different religions (worship of the god and goddesses, separately). I'd assume each of the races would have different holidays but perhaps some would overlap?

A: They do have some "festivals", which are based around ours, but obviously not exactly like ours. During springtime they have the "Blue Moon", a large blue moon fills the sky at night, which allows Orderites to feel more powerful during our months of March and April. Then there's the "Blood Moon" of October and November, these 'dark months' are also where Oblivionite characters feel the strength and the "taboo" magics of blood and conjuration are highly more prevalent. There is the Winter Solstice in this world, where, during the end of November (towards the end of the Blood Moon) and all of December, the cold becomes harsh and freezes over much of Magesc. (one thing that should definitely be mentioned is that the Celestial Plane never sees any of this. It's in a separate dimension altogether and is always rather bright and airy -- think springtime ALL year round -- never seeing much of any other season. It all occurs on the different continents of Magesc and Magesc alone.) The lover's holiday is also there during February. So many of the holidays we know are held within Magesc in their own way.

Q: Are the seasons in Magesc the same/similar to Earth? Harsher? Milder? Is there a single sun and moon or more than one? Are these things different in the Celestial Plane than on the body of Magesc? (I can imagine the Celestial Plane having a single 'perfect' spring season all year round, for example, since it seems to be a magically designed safe-haven for the dovaa, but I'm really just curious.)

A: You got it EXACTLY right. I even typed it above in the last question before even coming to this one. Yes, the Celestial Plane sees only light (daytime) and dark (nighttime). There isn't really any sun or moon there. It's just how Abronaxus created it. And the Celestial Plane is always in the springtime. As far as winter, I would say it's pretty harsh, but then again, it depends on where you live. The desert of Eowyn becomes incredibly colder than it's summertime counterpart. And Aisko, the frozen wasteland, is even more encased in frigid temperatures than before. One would barely be able to stand going to Aisko during the winter season for fear of frostbite and death nearly instantaneously. As far as summertime goes, it's pretty hot, but again, where you live has a lot to do with the weather. The main continents of Soudul and Serenia are probably a "California summer", whereas Eowyn is a very, very dry heat. Aisko stays pretty frigid all year long, but just increases to maximum cold during winter time.

Q: How does magic work in Magesc? Is it external - something anyone (given the desire and patience) could learn to use (that is, something that anyone, given the right tools, can harness and bend to their will)? Or is it internal, something that certain persons are born with and must only learn how to harness from within themselves while others will never be able to tap into it? Is it controlled by the mind, body motions, potion ingredients, incantations, runes, all of the above, or something else entirely?

A: As far as magic goes, look at the second portion of this post: Magic Guide. Only Dovaa and Mages can learn magic unless it's a tome, wand, or rune that allows them to use magic. A Dovaa's clan or the race of a person (Orderite or Oblivionite) determines the type of magic one can use. Blood and Conjuration magics are only brought up through tomes and dark learning. Anyone can learn blood or conjuration spells with the right tomes and teachings, but it is found far more often within the Oblivionite's race.

Q: With the dovaa specifically, how does choosing a clan relate specifically to magic? That is, since choosing a clan is up to the individual, does that mean all dovaa are born with the power to harness any/all of the different affinities of magic, but choosing a clan represents focusing one's studies on one art and being trained to master it? Or, if magic is external, do dovaa not have any magic to begin with and does the choosing of a clan include a ceremony, gift or something else which bestows them with the power to harness that particular variety of spellwork?

A: At birth, anyone within the world of Magesc can do is use Astral Magic (which can be found in that magic guide post). Dovaa have the power to harness any type of magic with their ability to freely choose, but once chosen, they can only use that type of magic unless they learn it by way of spell tome -- and even then they can't learn a spell tome opposite to their magical energy (ie: a Ysali Dovaa cannot learn a Firani spell, a Firani Dovaa cannot learn a Peisio spell, etc.) Whatever their magical weaknesses are, they cannot learn spells that are of that type no matter how hard they try. Choosing a clan is necessary for a Dovaa's growth cycle. They must choose a path that the wish to follow. Magic is an inherit thing and every person on the face of Magesc has the potential to learn magic (even Archers, Warriors, and Barbarians have access to Astral Magic and magical tomes to increase their attacking arsenal). But be forewarned, as stated by the guide, magical tomes are weaker versions of their original counterpart. (ie: a healing Ysali spell tome won't be nearly as effective as an actual Ysali using a healing spell)

The Clan and Weapon Choosing an Apprentice must go through is the most important moment in one's life. It literally determines the type of attacks and spells one will be able to acquire for the rest of their life.

Set 2
TO BE ANSWERED...

On religion and the gods

♦ How actively do the respective god and goddesses play a role in life on the mortal planes? Do they ever step in (like characters in the story) or are they, in practice, as distant as the gods of religions in our world?

♦ What percentage of the population is actively religious? What all does worship include for the different deities (I assume rituals and ceremonies would be different in each of the cultures)? Is it like with Christianity (and some other earth religions) where there is a specific day of the week where gatherings are held - is there such a thing as a preacher or teacher of religion?

♦ Is there a recognized symbol for each of the religions? (Like a cross or a star of David, etc.)

♦ Is there anyone that doesn't believe in the gods? If so, how is that kind of opinion viewed culturally? Stigma? No problem? Common occurrence or incredibly rare?

♦ If the god and goddesses do not play active roles in the lives of the peoples on Magesc, is there a legend/myth among any of the races that tell of a ‘return’? (Something like the belief that Jesus will return to Earth and scoop up all the faithful souls, etc.) What is the reward for being dutiful/faithful to one’s god/goddess?

♦ What is praying like (different for each of the deities?)? Kneeling is common in a lot of religions so I assume that’s probably part of it, but do they have any hand gestures/rituals that go with it (the equivalent of making the symbol of a cross over your chest, touching your fingers to your lips and then forehead, or performing a ceremonial washing of specific body parts)?

♦ Do any of the races believe in a concept similar to hell? Heaven? Purgatory? What do they believe happens when you die (different for each race or varies from person to person)?

On language

♦ Are there different languages spoken in Magesc? Dialects? Accents? Are any of these considered less ‘proper’ (signify a poorer education, lower social status, or upbringing under less favorable conditions)?

On education and social classes

♦ What is education like? Is there free, public education or is it something reserved for the privileged like the time period might suggest?

♦ What percentage of the population knows how to read and write?

♦ How accessible to the public are tomes on history and to what degree does each race ‘write their own history’ (that is, tell the story naturally from their perspective and potentially skew facts or ignore them entirely as a form of propaganda to keep the populous on their side and propagate racial stigmas)?

♦ Being sent to battle dragons seems to be something consistently expected of children at a fairly young age (10-13) - is this really not supervised, or would battle instructors take groups of young apprentices down to Magesc en-masse similar to a training field trip of sorts to see that no one accidentally gets themself killed?

On the Celestial Plane

♦ From taking a brief glance at one of your (Brolis’) RPs logged for Kavana, I gather there’s a portal in the Celestial Fortress that leads to a dock in Selenia (I was wondering for some time how dovaa generally traveled to Magesc-proper). I also know that the general way into the Celestial Plane is through the Celestial Vortex in a maelstrom, but…locating said maelstrom sounds difficult and potentially very travel-intensive. Is the maelstrom the only way back up? Or is the portal in the Celestial Fortress a two-way route that leads back up to the Celestial Plane?

♦ Since there are only three locations listed under the Celestial Plane landmark, I’m left wondering a lot about what it’s really like up there - are there forests? Any waterfalls? A lake? (The image used for the map seems to suggest there’s a LOT of water, but the image also looks like an incredibly small place and I was told by Tang that that was videogame artwork so it can’t be taken as a literal interpretation of the Plane’s size/set up.)

On transportation

♦ The animal life on Magesc is clearly fantastical - haven’t seen anything like the existence of a plain old cat or goat - but what does this mean as far as transportation is concerned in a world without motor vehicles? Are there animals similar to horses or at least domesticated creatures that are tamed and used for similar reasons (giant rideable turkey-lions, tiger-flamingos, unicorn-scorpions, something like that but obviously with a cool name instead) or are they forced to walk everywhere unless they can use a boat? (The concept is terrifying, hah.)

I can see mages and dovaa using teleportation spells (incredibly handy), but what about the poor souls not blessed with such magic? Maybe there’s a trade specific to bottling teleport spells or inscribing them on tomes for sale so that people can get around? //musing

On the Great Engagement

♦ How long, specifically, has this been going on? (“Centuries” isn’t very specific and I’m curious, hah.) What have been the most significant historical moments/battles/events related to it so far? (Like the ones significant enough to make it into the history books - if a kid was assigned to write a history paper on the Great Engagement, what are some things that could not be left out?)

And what is it like at this very moment? That is, because it’s been going on so long, it’s obviously impossible that there has been an active war going on the entire time (active war with bloodshed is incredibly taxing on any civilization - very expensive both with money, resources, and lives - if they’d actively been fighting it out for centuries there wouldn't be anyone left breathing on Magesc). Thus, I assume it’s something like the Cold War most of the time? Extremely volatile racial relations and always with the promise of another battle on the horizon? Mini-skirmishes and then long pauses while each side retreats to their respective domains to lick their wounds and brood some more?

A really general question

♦ If I want to make something up myself, something fairly small - like name a type of food or plant or medicine and describe it, invent a card game, board game, or other type of entertainment, detail out a specific shop in the Celestial Plane, or make up a tradition, an insult, or something like that - can I do that? Like, should I run it by staff if the desire arises? 'Cause I love adding details to my own writing, but when the world isn't mine to begin with, I certainly don't want to break any of its pre-existing rules or seem overly pushy/assuming, etc..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:01 pm

Fluffesu

Q:
Can eggs be bonded to Drakenians?

A: No. Bonds only apply to Magescian/drakiens. A Drakein(Keinling or Keindred stage only) helping another Drakein/Drakeinian in battle do give a bonded like bonus to the adult Drakein/drakienian.
A drakein can give a Drakeinian a bonus when they help as well, but no bonus for a drakein helping a drakein  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:09 pm
FAQ:

A:
When you roll a 100 facing a Creature, does anything special happen?

Q: Yes! You can challenge a critter that requires 5 more LUK than you have.

So if you have a LUK of 1 and roll a 100, you may face (and beat) a creature that requires a LUK of 6 or greater!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:26 am
kaname423

Q:
Ok, so this is my first adventure, so I'm not too sure how it works. We're fighting 4 dunkel right now: when we get to 1200 words, do we get to use it as an adventure and a hunt? Or just one req point? And what's the rule here on swapping? Can hunts with others count as RPs? (I'm assuming battles and adventures are RP points?)

A: Solo Hunts do not count as RP reqs. Mostly cause Battlers (after stage 1 at least) have hunt reqs.
Adventures that include a battle count as 1 RP and 1 Hunt Req. Hunts with others count as PRP, though if you do that you can't count them as Hunt reqs.

You also only need 300 words per battle prompt in an Adventure. So you can go to 1200 words, or you can just write 300. This is because you only get 1 hunt req per adventure, so I decided to be nice and not require huge word counts for just one req.

Q:Oooohh ok. So you don't need 300 per creature in adventures, just 300 total?
And can one adventure with a partner (like Nuivian and Madryn) still count as 2 PRP reqs? Since it has an adventure and a hunt?

A:Hmm, never thought of it that way. I usually just have people count it as a hunt, but since it is a PRP hunt it can count as a PRP rp req... Why did this never occur to me before? XD
But yes, it makes sense, just make sure to make a note that you are counting the PRP hunt as a PRP rp
And yes. Just 300 per critter encounter despite number of foes for Adventures.  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Magesc
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:33 am
Fluffesu/robot kitten

Q:(About the Necrokein, a special sub species of Drakein) Are the skulls on the Necrokein's head their skull that the muscles/scales have been removed by the twilight pillar and dark lake? Or is it the skull of another dead Drakein?
A: The idea was they acquire it from other dead darkiens. That way in the future I can do different designs for the skull piece.

Q:So, they actually are able to take it off, or does their head kind of grow into it and form to it?
A: Its a combination of both. Younger they can remove it but it often is uncomfortable, the skin is raw and thin under the skull cap so they often don't like to remove it. As adults though the skull has basically fused to their heads and they are unable to remove it without a lot of pain and bleeding.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am
About Transportation and Cities

Portal from the world of Magesc to the Celestial Realm: There is only one portal that leads to the Celestial Plane, and it is in the middle of the ocean between Eowyn and Ayr. The neutrality of the location as well as the difficulty of access from the other continents makes it easier for the Dovaa to defend and keep unwanted visitors out.

When coming upon it from the Magesc-side end (i.e., at the ocean location), there is a ferry landing where you can step from floating platform to portal. Not a floating town, but just a platform where people load on and off. After stepping through, the portal leads to the edge of the Celestial Plane where all the 'port' types of buildings you'd find in a normal city are located. The portal is well-guarded on both ends by Dovaa appointed to protect the safety of the Plane from outsiders.

As far as continent to continent transportation is concerned on Magesc, each race has their own sea port with ferries that travel to each of the other major continents, created in the beginning during times of peace. After the outbreak of war between the races, however, naturally the port to Serenia on Soudul and the port to Soudul on Serenia became a major point of contention and fell out of use for the large part as far as common citizens were concerned. Most usage of these ports now is either military-related or handled through shady, under-the-radar smuggling activity.

There are many Orderite towns on Serenia and Oblivionite towns on Soudul. Dovaa tend to live in the Celestial Plane and as such they do not officially have a town on Magesc filled with just them right now. If you decide your character lives in such a town, however, feel free to PM The Only Black Uke and Brolis to talk about that and place it somewhere! It would probably be on Ayr, Eowyn, or Aisko since those are neutral zones, though you could have a town of Pro-Orderite Dovaas living on Serenia or vise versa (pro-Oblivionite Dovaas living on Soudul).

Transportation: The main source of ground transportation are the Hastars (look in critter thread in the guide forum for all the critters) though there are some other ones. Baowis can be ridden, but mostly by warriors going into battle. Kargoths are like elephants and are often used in merchant caravans with huge/heavy loads to transport, though they are uncommon outside of Eowyn since they are meant for the desert. Kugel's are also used as transport in Eowyn (desert/mountains) and have recently begun to gain popularity as mounts in caravans due to their strength, especially since they're smaller and easier to manage than kargoths. Trolenders are used for transport on Aisko (ice country).

That's it for now, but a flying mount will be added one of these days. That way people can fly places or Orderites can have their gear flown with them when they go flying about.  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:23 pm
DraconicFeline

Q: strange question relating to a plot bunny I got.

Dragons can be bullies. Can they collect souls from other dragons and use those souls for the benefit (for rp purposes) or do they just not do that?

A:
Dragons do not attack other dragons specifically for their Soul Orbs. However, they can and will attack other Dragons to defend their territory or if they are in an inner-clan feud. They prefer to drive off the other Dragons, but will kill if angered enough.

They also prefer not to use the Soul Orbs; being the prideful creatures that they are. They would rather use their own power to kill you than rely upon another. But they will hoard orbs of their own clan, if only to preserve the souls of their lost kindred. The only reason they would keep the orbs of another's clan would be to show dominance over them in case another member of the same clan were to come causing trouble.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:16 pm
Q: So if we RP with a Hunt, does it count as only a hunt? Or as both a hunt and a RP? In the same vein, would a rp-d out battle count as a rp or just a battle?

A: This depends on how you decide to split it up and what you decide to count it for. Generally hunts and battles are RP'd out, but they still count as hunts because you roll dice and use your stats to determine how the battle/hunt progresses. If you wanted to write a fight as purely an RP without any stats or dice, you're free to write an RP with a fight scene in the RP section of the forum, but it would not count as a hunt.

A Solo hunt will only ever count as a Hunt. PRP Hunts can count as a Hunt or a PRP but not both.

Also, PRP Hunts need 500 words per person instead of the normal 300 if you want to count it as a PRP.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:28 am
Q: Can a person in a battle class take up crafting and level a profession, or is that reserved for civilians?

A: Yes, battlers can take up a craft/profession (or up to three) and level it; the primary difference is that it is not a requirement for them, but battlers can still get the benefits of crafting professions just as any other player character.

And it's the same the other way. Civilians can rp fights if they want! They just aren't officially trained in warfare, and fighting should not be the center of their life.

Q: Can items be transferred between characters (played by the same person or not?)

A:Yes, but you need to rp it happening, even if it's between your own characters. Then go post in the stat thread!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:17 pm
Q: I can't find in all the information where the exact size of a dragon orb is. One orb from a single dragon kill. How much would it weight? This is crucial to some plot idea's. ~

A: Alot of people have RP-ed it as about the size of a fist. I (robo) have always personally thought of them as about the size of an adults 2 fists put together.

Edit: They can also be as small as an apple!  

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

Miss Chief aka Uke
Crew

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:54 pm
Q: If a battler and a non-battler go on a hunt together (i.e., the roleplay is posted in the hunting forum and the battler does the fighting, but the non-battler uses it simply as a PRP credit) does the non-battler have to match the word count of the battler in order for a big hunt to count? Or can the non-battler simply have 500 words or more (like a regular PRP) and the battler just need as many words as it takes to get credit for all the creatures they take on?

For example, if the battler fights three dragons and the non-battler is just there for the ride, the battler needs 900 words for this to count - does the non-battler also have to match this count in order for the battler to get credit? Or can they each abide by their own word count needs and both still get credit?

A: Battler needs to have enough words for 300 per critter. Non battler just needs 500 words for the rp. I see no problem with this at all! Also, non battler gets an orb for helping int eh fight if they actually RP out helping in someway! Even if all they do is throw rocks!  
⊶» Ϻɑɢєsc «⊷

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff