Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
So I noticed something with my Step-dad recently. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:55 am
its a law here too that it has to leave a mark to be abuse. mums always careful not to. anyways.....ive heard of something like child services here that'll like make a court case or something if a parent is terrorizing you. dunno if those work.......but maybe its worth a shot?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:30 pm
DeathStarXII
I'd say your jerk of a step daddy is uring your gayness as an excuse to be even more cruel to you, which a sad and pathetic, by the way.

Before you call the cops (again?) try talking with each family member you trust first, what they think about it.

Your step dad's doing this because he knows he can pick on you. He knows that you can't do anything to him, or maybe he just sees you as a threat to the rest of the family, I don't know.

Are you able to move out soon? If the cops don't intervene, just try to ignore his antics. Don't let them get to you, it's what he wants, so don't give him the satisfication knowing that he threatens you.

Hope i somewhat helped?
Yea, he is a jerk.
Well I wasn't gonna call the caps again. I trust no one in my family...I told my mother I was gay and she told my grandparents, my aunts, uncles and cousins. Then last week she told my brother and the anti-guy part of my family found out from the people that my mother told. So yea, I trust my 3 year old sister more then anyone else.

Actually, he knows he can't. Every time he brings his voice up and tries to look down at me and press himself close to 'intimidate' me I keep talking with out my voice so much as even cracking.

Soon as in 3 years, my step-dad told me he is kicking me out the day after my b-day...so I have till Feb 6th of 2014..Actually he has always expressed great distaste in me. Even when I was younger he would, and I simply think its because I am not manly and high on testosterone and love cars and work out and all that stuff and man is supposed to freaking love....  

SadaKiyo

Streaker

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:31 pm
BSPBleach
its a law here too that it has to leave a mark to be abuse. mums always careful not to. anyways.....ive heard of something like child services here that'll like make a court case or something if a parent is terrorizing you. dunno if those work.......but maybe its worth a shot?
Ah same here...actually I had a friend tell me of a way to his a child with a hammer without them being physically damaged...so there is always away around it and child services only does it if its traumatizing to me. Which it isn't, its just a huge a** annoyance.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:31 pm
Fuuta De La Stella

Yea, he is a homophobe and I don't think its that. He told me 10+ times he'd simply punch a man in the mouth if they said he looked good and wasn't in the family. So simply I think he find it disgusting or stupid. Yea, I do go low profile a lot, but when I am trying to be like that, he thinks I had sex or something.

Psychology shows that homophobia is linked to homosexual arousal.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:35 pm
Esiris
Fuuta De La Stella

Yea, he is a homophobe and I don't think its that. He told me 10+ times he'd simply punch a man in the mouth if they said he looked good and wasn't in the family. So simply I think he find it disgusting or stupid. Yea, I do go low profile a lot, but when I am trying to be like that, he thinks I had sex or something.

Psychology shows that homophobia is linked to homosexual arousal.

Um...actually I know plenty of guys that are homophobes that are my friends and that isn't it...most people find two guys kissing nasty and same with two girls nasty...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:38 pm
Fuuta De La Stella

Um...actually I know plenty of guys that are homophobes that are my friends and that isn't it...most people find two guys kissing nasty and same with two girls nasty...

What I'm saying is that just because they say they find it nasty- that doesn't mean they aren't aroused by it. They can hate part of themselves and lash out at others- and that's what science has shown- that homophobes hate gays because they're turned on by homosexual images.

They might say it's gross- but body function doesn't lie.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:40 pm
Esiris
Fuuta De La Stella

What I'm saying is that just because they say they find it nasty- that doesn't mean they aren't aroused by it. They can hate part of themselves and lash out at others- and that's what science has shown- that homophobes hate gays because they're turned on by homosexual images.

They might say it's gross- but body function doesn't lie.

Yes but your brain can easily phase it out as disgusting and your body finds it attractive.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:44 pm
Fuuta De La Stella

Yes but your brain can easily phase it out as disgusting and your body finds it attractive.
The question then is- why do a person's instincts tell them "yes" and they say "no". Well- it has to do with how society treats homosexuality- they hate themselves for being attracted to their own sex- they don't find it "disgusting" they find it erotic- so they lash out with hatred stemming form self-loathing.

I know guys who are 100% straight- and they're not homophobes- but all the homophobes tested aren't 100% straight.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:51 pm
Esiris
Fuuta De La Stella

The question then is- why do a person's instincts tell them "yes" and they say "no". Well- it has to do with how society treats homosexuality- they hate themselves for being attracted to their own sex- they don't find it "disgusting" they find it erotic- so they lash out with hatred stemming form self-loathing.

I know guys who are 100% straight- and they're not homophobes- but all the homophobes tested aren't 100% straight.
Well yes, but I know people who are like that and they don't lash out at people, it comes with open-mindedness, which men tend to not be.

There isn't a way for someone to be 100% straight. Guys usually find 2 girls cute/sexy as well as the fact that even though some men don't "experiment" with other men like some guys do. They could easily be bi and they wouldn't know for the simple fact they are still closed mind. Same with girls, except for the fact I know plenty of girls who finds gay guys kissing, hugging and all that cute (some find it hot/sexy) and girls tend to experiment more as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:01 pm
Fuuta De La Stella
There isn't a way for someone to be 100% straight.
Yea there is- on the Kinsey Scale they rate a 0. It happens- they're rare, but they exist just like there are gay guys who have no sexual interest at all in women.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:03 pm
Esiris
Fuuta De La Stella
There isn't a way for someone to be 100% straight.
Yea there is- on the Kinsey Scale they rate a 0. It happens- they're rare, but they exist just like there are gay guys who have no sexual interest at all in women.
Well they still have some attraction to the same sex. Plus you said you knew plenty of guys that are 100% so if what you first said was true and the second was true. Then you'd be really lucky, or lying about one. Actually I do agree with that for the gay guys. I am like that, I find the female body completely disgusting even if its an artistic nude.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:06 pm
Fuuta De La Stella
Well they still have some attraction to the same sex.

You saying it doesn't make it so- what you're doing is as rude as people saying you're only gay because you haven't found the right girl. Stop it- it's disrespectful to the people who are actually 100% straight.

Quote:
Plus you said you knew plenty of guys that are 100% so if what you first said was true and the second was true. Then you'd be really lucky, or lying about one. Actually I do agree with that for the gay guys. I am like that, I find the female body completely disgusting even if its an artistic nude.

And I bet that if they hooked you up to the machines that they used to test the homophobes- you'd show some arousal over women too.

The response of someone who is 100% one way or the other isn't disgust- it's apathy. rolleyes

I don't really feel like arguing with someone who 1) only presents their own experiences without any science to back up what they say and 2) disrespects straights- that's not what the Gay Straight Alliance is about after all. rolleyes  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

BleedingInkXIII

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:07 pm
Fuuta De La Stella
DeathStarXII
I'd say your jerk of a step daddy is uring your gayness as an excuse to be even more cruel to you, which a sad and pathetic, by the way.

Before you call the cops (again?) try talking with each family member you trust first, what they think about it.

Your step dad's doing this because he knows he can pick on you. He knows that you can't do anything to him, or maybe he just sees you as a threat to the rest of the family, I don't know.

Are you able to move out soon? If the cops don't intervene, just try to ignore his antics. Don't let them get to you, it's what he wants, so don't give him the satisfication knowing that he threatens you.

Hope i somewhat helped?
Yea, he is a jerk.
Well I wasn't gonna call the caps again. I trust no one in my family...I told my mother I was gay and she told my grandparents, my aunts, uncles and cousins. Then last week she told my brother and the anti-guy part of my family found out from the people that my mother told. So yea, I trust my 3 year old sister more then anyone else.

Actually, he knows he can't. Every time he brings his voice up and tries to look down at me and press himself close to 'intimidate' me I keep talking with out my voice so much as even cracking.

Soon as in 3 years, my step-dad told me he is kicking me out the day after my b-day...so I have till Feb 6th of 2014..Actually he has always expressed great distaste in me. Even when I was younger he would, and I simply think its because I am not manly and high on testosterone and love cars and work out and all that stuff and man is supposed to freaking love....

That really sucks. :/ Family is supposed to be ones you trust and support you.

Try talking to your school counselor. This counts as bullying, even though it's not fully physical. Verbal bullying is just as bad.

Yeah, that's part of the problem. he knows he can't intimidate you, but by the way you describe him, he's the type of guy that won't stop trying until he succeeds, because he believes he's right. If you give in, he'll only be worse. The best way is to get away.

It's annoying, the stereotypes people are forced into. So what if someonoe doesn't like the same thing you do? Doesn't make them any worse or better than you.

Well, at least you'll escape him someday.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:20 pm
Esiris
Fuuta De La Stella
Well they still have some attraction to the same sex.

You saying it doesn't make it so- what you're doing is as rude as people saying you're only gay because you haven't found the right girl. Stop it- it's disrespectful to the people who are actually 100% straight.

Quote:
Plus you said you knew plenty of guys that are 100% so if what you first said was true and the second was true. Then you'd be really lucky, or lying about one. Actually I do agree with that for the gay guys. I am like that, I find the female body completely disgusting even if its an artistic nude.

And I bet that if they hooked you up to the machines that they used to test the homophobes- you'd show some arousal over women too.

The response of someone who is 100% one way or the other isn't disgust- it's apathy. rolleyes

I don't really feel like arguing with someone who 1) only presents their own experiences without any science to back up what they say and 2) disrespects straights- that's not what the Gay Straight Alliance is about after all. rolleyes

1st I'd like to ask how I am being disrespectful to straight people? I am just saying that you said you know people who are 100% straight then said it was rare, so that'd be either really lucky or your lying, and actually I can say that I find no arousal what so ever in girls. I may be young, but it doesn't mean I haven't tried to do stuff with girls and guys.  

SadaKiyo

Streaker

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:22 pm
DeathStarXII
Fuuta De La Stella
DeathStarXII

Hope i somewhat helped?
Yea, he is a jerk.

That really sucks. :/ Family is supposed to be ones you trust and support you.

Try talking to your school counselor. This counts as bullying, even though it's not fully physical. Verbal bullying is just as bad.

Yeah, that's part of the problem. he knows he can't intimidate you, but by the way you describe him, he's the type of guy that won't stop trying until he succeeds, because he believes he's right. If you give in, he'll only be worse. The best way is to get away.

It's annoying, the stereotypes people are forced into. So what if someonoe doesn't like the same thing you do? Doesn't make them any worse or better than you.

Well, at least you'll escape him someday.
Yea it does really suck...my mother doesn't even believe I'm gay either.

Yea, I know but the councilor I have isn't someone I trust in the slightest.

Yea, I guess that could be it, and yea. He is like the stereotypical red neck/white trash. Plus he just gets meaner and meaner to you if he doesn't succeed because he has no patience and if you argue with him he won't listen to you...

Oh I know right? I couldn't take half the classes I wanted to in middle school because of my step-dad asking if I was gay or not...I wanted to take up knitting and cooking, but I couldn't because "only girls cook and knit" which is bs to me.

Yea, true.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces