Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Getting Stuck In the Closet Door Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuki_no_Joo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:45 pm
One of my really really really good friends, when he came out to me and a group of our close friends. He literally came out of a closet and told us he was gay.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:57 pm
For the most part, I'm out of the closet as far as outside my family. As for in my family, that one's the scary part. My little brother, my step-mom and my dad know that I'm Trans Bi, my step-grandpa(not really related now as my grandma is divorced from him) also knows this and my Step grandma(from my dads side) knows/but doubts I'm bi.

I'm kinda scared to come out to the rest of my family as a lot of them are hardcore religious and believe strongly in it(though my dad and step mom are fine with it). So I'm not sure how to go about it since I don't want any of them to hate me. sweatdrop  

--xx-Rin-xx-Kagamine-xx--

4,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200

SlimShady777

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Atrum_Anima
SlimShady777
Personally...... im straight and i dont really know many gay people........ i just always hated the way homophobes (yes i admit, i used to be SLIGHTLY homophobic) treated them and acted toward them

Don't feel too bad about once being a homophobe. I used to be a homophobe, and I'm gay! XD

Lol i didn't think that was possible but ok thanks xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:19 pm
Yeah...I'm older than a lot of people here, and I am still completely and totally closeted. sweatdrop . I have tried to drop some hints with my mother so it would soften the blow, but I don't think she is picking up on it. I'm thinking if nothing major happens, I should be out by the end of the year.  

bollier

Atrum_Anima

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:34 pm
SlimShady777
Atrum_Anima
SlimShady777
Personally...... im straight and i dont really know many gay people........ i just always hated the way homophobes (yes i admit, i used to be SLIGHTLY homophobic) treated them and acted toward them

Don't feel too bad about once being a homophobe. I used to be a homophobe, and I'm gay! XD

It was back in middle school when everyone desperately wanted to be accepted; it was "cool" for a guy to be homophobic, and I was so far into denial that I was gay that I put on a big homophobic act for a while. Not a very proud moment of my life. >.<  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:26 pm
Atrum_Anima
SlimShady777
Atrum_Anima
SlimShady777

It was back in middle school when everyone desperately wanted to be accepted; it was "cool" for a guy to be homophobic, and I was so far into denial that I was gay that I put on a big homophobic act for a while. Not a very proud moment of my life. >.<

Oh that sounds like it sucks, i cant really relate much with gay peoplez cause im straight though, i try to  

SlimShady777

flamin8ball2

9,075 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:44 pm
I am partially out, changed by facebook interests, I was very scared about doing that, but to my surprise no one said much if at all, I haven't told my family yet, I think mum as her suspicions, but I think she's waiting for the right time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:41 pm
I'm partially out. I first outed myself to my best friend (and now girlfriend) when she told me she told me she was bisexual (and sort of admitted to having feelings for me, which I was too dense to realize at the time). Since we started dating I've been slowly outing myself to my friends at school, most of who know by now thanks to one girl who's been very vocal about it. My parents however, are clueless. Though I'd tell them if they asked, I suppose.  

illuminati was here

Alien Friend

The Guy With Condoms

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:40 pm
I'm Completely Out And August Would Make A Year. The Way It Happened With Me Wasn't How I Planned. My Father Was Drinking And He Started Saying How I Was Hiding Stuff. So I Told Him I Was Gay. My Sister's Were In The Room And Laughed And I Continued Saying That It Was No Joke. It Got Quiet And My Dad Put His Beer Down,Stood Up And Started Walking Upstairs Saying "You Better Keep This To Yourself And Keep Your Gay Life Out Of My House". It Hurt And We Didn't Talk For Several Days And To This Day He Doesn't Like The Fact I'm A Homosexual Man. [Especially After Yesterday That I Told Him My Co-Worker Thought I Was Cute And Wanted To Get To Know Me]. I Don't Let It Bother Me Though. I Know Who I Am And If He Wants Kids He Has 3 More Sons To Nag. As For Friends They Are Real Accepting And Don't Mind. They Found Out By Me Either Telling Them Or Seeing Me Grind Against A Guy At A Local Dance x3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:43 pm
My parents and siblings would probably be ok with it when I tell them I'm bi, and my extended family would probably accept it. If not right away then slowly, but surely. But still, somehow, I'm scared to tell people but I don't really know why. Advice anyone?  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100

Kaze Espada

Dapper Conventioneer

7,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:08 pm
I am kinda out of the closet, only my closest friends know I'm bi.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:05 pm
i was a stepping stone for a friend who recently discovered she was bi.

as to my 'closet' status. it basicly shut. used to be bolted too when i was like 10 and first noticed myself looking at girls as well as guys cuz i was cared as hell bout it cuz i never even heard/seen of 'gay' and soon after i found out, i relized my parents didnt approve of it and none of my extended family did either...... (yea used to be homophobic because of it >< )

but i finally caved and unlocked the door. ive let all of gaia know via profile, and anyone who asks. though the only person who knows irl is my twin brother.......two of my friends think gyas are weird, my familys like against it (cept bro. he dosent care) and my bi friend is of course bi and im afraid to tell her......  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:59 pm
Yuki_no_Joo
One of my really really really good friends, when he came out to me and a group of our close friends. He literally came out of a closet and told us he was gay.
THAT.
Is awesome.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:02 pm
My two closest friends ever know.
They're 2 cousins probably know since they play Gaia too. =P I plan on coming out in college but contemplating during this High School. I was actually thinking about telling my mom tonight. xD
That didn't work out...Maybe someday..  

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100

Shiny Blacephalon

Invisible Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:10 pm
....I`m actually afraid of coming out so its sorta...bolted shut. The reason is because my family went into a conversation of sexuality and my grandpa is homophobic, my grandma doesn`t care AT ALL, my brother doesn`t care either, and the rest of my family accepts gays and bi etc. but my I`m bisexual and my mom said she HATES bisexuals...something about being greedy and having to like 2 sexs instead of one and how it was "unnatural". So when she said that I sorta left and almost cried.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff