Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
synchro or fusion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zetricky

7,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:32 am
Fox Demon Shippo
zetricky
You can't say that E-Heroes aren't much of a debate point. E-Heroes were made to fuse the same way synchro archetype decks (like the Warriors and the Blackwings) we're made to do synchro summoning.

True, I suppose you're right.

And, while Tuners tend to be weaker, a lot of the time they compensate by neat effects (aka Blacking Gale).

Also, what Labyrinth said.

I suppose both of you guys have a good point too. :3
Synchros and tuners do have quite awesome effects and many decks of this type were greatly supported over the past years compared to fusions.
Both have pros and cons.

I just hope Fusions and Synchros won't stop getting support cards now that Exceeds have come. xDD  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:15 pm
zetricky
Fox Demon Shippo
zetricky
You can't say that E-Heroes aren't much of a debate point. E-Heroes were made to fuse the same way synchro archetype decks (like the Warriors and the Blackwings) we're made to do synchro summoning.

And, while Tuners tend to be weaker, a lot of the time they compensate by neat effects (aka Blacking Gale).

Synchros and tuners do have quite awesome effects and many decks of this type were greatly supported over the past years compared to fusions.
Both have pros and cons.

I just hope Fusions and Synchros won't stop getting support cards now that Exceeds have come. xDD

UGH, I KNOW.
I'm not too much of a fan of Exceeds, but they seem interesting.
I just hope that Sycnhros keep being made as much as they are, and worked with.

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

zetricky

7,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:05 pm
Fox Demon Shippo
zetricky
Fox Demon Shippo
zetricky

Both have pros and cons.

UGH, I KNOW.
I'm not too much of a fan of Exceeds, but they seem interesting.
I just hope that Sycnhros keep being made as much as they are, and worked with.

Indeed. Exceeds may have something awesome to show but at least don't stop supporting the others or else Synchros and Fusions would end up broken like the Rituals.
Well I think the debate is now over. It seems now we're talking about Exceeds Vs Synchros and Fusions which is kinda a lil bit off topic. xDD
Anyway, nice having such a discussion with all of ya!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:25 am
whats exceeds?  

fayt91

Greedy Fatcat

kurousagi35

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:22 am
fayt91
whats exceeds?

Its a new type of monster here take a look http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Exceed_Monster  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:34 am
I like fusions better, because I'm more into beatdown and fusions tend to have higher ATK than synchros, and some of they're effects are just as good if not better than synchros. For example take Brionac, it can send any number of cards back to the hand by discarding the same number of cards, but XYZ Dragon Cannon (one of my favs) can DESTROY any number of cards by discarding the same number. In addition its ATK is also higher (2800) than Brio's (2300), and its also a fusion that doesn't require a spell to fuse. This is just one reason why I like fusions better.  

kurousagi35

Gravitational Molestation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:51 am
Which do I like more? Exceeds.

Oh wait, between Synchros and Fusions? Synchros, it's not even a question.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:03 am
Fusions are only good in E-Hero decks and Synchro decks that actually try to work Instant Fusion into them.

Currently, Synchros are simply the best possible things out there. They're easy to work into most any deck and most effects are well worth the cost.

Exceeds are looking to be promising. They are easier to work into decks than Synchros but, so far, their effects seem to be weaker because of it. I'm looking forward to them simply because Dark World was my first ever archetype that I played around with and both Exceed and their Theme Deck (Devil's Gate) have made them playable (turn 1 Tyrus for the win)  

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:28 am
I dont like any more than other. I like synchros because they're easy to bring out (most of the time) and have great effects that can support any deck (usually). Fusions are also good because they have powerful effects (if they even have an effect) and are well supported since their debut, which wa slong before Yu-Gi-Oh! even came to america.

Sadly, the more powerful fusions are either annoying to summon with specific materials, or aren't as generic as synchros. If they made attirbute specific requirements or type requirements for fusions (like the attribute heros), they'd be played just as much as synchros imo.

on the matter of exceeds, they are just another extra deck bound class of cards, with unique abilities and effects. sadly, because they dont have levels, they might get level limit area B and Gravity Bind completely banned.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:31 am
kurousagi35
... and some of they're effects are just as good if not better than synchros. For example take Brionac, it can send any number of cards back to the hand by discarding the same number of cards, but XYZ Dragon Cannon (one of my favs) can DESTROY any number of cards by discarding the same number.
Oh my god.

Dumbest post I've read in this thread yet.  

Space Toad -B

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:45 am
Mustard Like Soup
kurousagi35
... and some of they're effects are just as good if not better than synchros. For example take Brionac, it can send any number of cards back to the hand by discarding the same number of cards, but XYZ Dragon Cannon (one of my favs) can DESTROY any number of cards by discarding the same number.
Oh my god.

I agree, although XYZ has a powerful effect, it's very harrd to bring out, even before synchros were invented. (although rollout currently helps) Not to mention there are so many cards that protect against destruction effects, while i can't think fo a single card that stops bouncing in general.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:20 pm
axean
Mustard Like Soup
kurousagi35
Oh my god.

I agree, although XYZ has a powerful effect, it's very harrd to bring out, even before synchros were invented. (although rollout currently helps) Not to mention there are so many cards that protect against destruction effects, while i can't think fo a single card that stops bouncing in general.

Its true that it is hard to summon it but thats just another reason why I like it and other fusions for that matter because they aren't so easy that a preschooler can summon them, so you don't see them in every deck they're unique, and unlike synchros you actually have to do some thinking to summon a fusion (not counting E-heroes).  

kurousagi35

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:24 pm
kurousagi35
axean
Mustard Like Soup
kurousagi35
Oh my god.

Its true that it is hard to summon it but thats just another reason why I like it and other fusions for that matter because they aren't so easy that a preschooler can summon them, so you don't see them in every deck they're unique, and unlike synchros you actually have to do some thinking to summon a fusion (not counting E-heroes).
Fusions were an idea gone sour due to the mandatory effort of summoning them, especially the XYZ series, which lacked the means through Polymerization and the ability to bring themselves to the field like Gladiator Beasts. It was clearly flawed.

Regardless, I didn't quote your post regarding its summoning requirement, which of course plays a role in a card's worth and usefulness. It's solely in regard to the difference of their two effects, and bewilderment of how you could possibly regard Brionac's to be the lesser of the two.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:43 am
Mustard Like Soup
kurousagi35
axean
Mustard Like Soup
kurousagi35
Oh my god.

Fusions were an idea gone sour due to the mandatory effort of summoning them, especially the XYZ series, which lacked the means through Polymerization and the ability to bring themselves to the field like Gladiator Beasts. It was clearly flawed.

Regardless, I didn't quote your post regarding its summoning requirement, which of course plays a role in a card's worth and usefulness. It's solely in regard to the difference of their two effects, and bewilderment of how you could possibly regard Brionac's to be the lesser of the two.

I think they both serve to be good in their own ways...XYZ gets rid of cards that are getting annoying such as Swords of revealing light, since Brionac would just keep giving it back until you're out of a hand. But Brionac gets rid of mystery cards that you don't wanna tangle with where XYZ could would trigger an effect much easier than Brionac.

And for the record, XYZ Dragon Cannon is one of my personal favorites as well. but I would use Brionac more...if I had it.

Yusaru

Yusaru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:45 am
I would go for liking fusions more just because I'm a sucker for the classics. But that's Ironic considering my Favorite card of all time is Chaos king Archfiend. lol  
Domino City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff