Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
Is it wrong to firebomb your bosses? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cheesy nipples

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:57 am
Nu Lucrezia
cheesy nipples
450 - 500 a month rent.
30-40 gas
50-60 electric
160 Tv lisence
45 water
20 phone line
70-80 council tax

It all adds up. That may not be exactly right but its pretty close. There are some places that include the utilities, but not many.
you can do tv license and council tax monthly, so that might cut down on things a bit sweatdrop

Tv lisence works out about 10 a month, but 70-80 for council tax IS the monthly cost. gonk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:00 am
cheesy nipples
Nu Lucrezia
cheesy nipples
450 - 500 a month rent.
30-40 gas
50-60 electric
160 Tv lisence
45 water
20 phone line
70-80 council tax

It all adds up. That may not be exactly right but its pretty close. There are some places that include the utilities, but not many.
you can do tv license and council tax monthly, so that might cut down on things a bit sweatdrop

Tv lisence works out about 10 a month, but 70-80 for council tax IS the monthly cost. gonk
a month? ******** that

also, have they increased the tv license fee? when i was at uni it was about £135(ish) a year  

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

cheesy nipples

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:36 am
Nu Lucrezia
cheesy nipples
Nu Lucrezia
cheesy nipples
450 - 500 a month rent.
30-40 gas
50-60 electric
160 Tv lisence
45 water
20 phone line
70-80 council tax

a month? ******** that

also, have they increased the tv license fee? when i was at uni it was about £135(ish) a year

Yep, they've put the lisence fee up every year so far. It works out just under 160 a month now as far as I know..

And yeah, that council tax bill is the cheap end of the scale. Some places, depending on the property banding, council tax could be 200-300 a month.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:25 pm
What the ******** is a council tax?  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:47 pm
Reeves
What the ******** is a council tax?

Wikipedia
Council Tax is the system of local taxation used in England, Scotland and Wales to part fund the services provided by local government in each country

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:54 pm
Yeah, but which services specifically does it fund? Do you guys not have income tax over there?  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

cheesy nipples

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:03 pm
Reeves
Yeah, but which services specifically does it fund? Do you guys not have income tax over there?

Its supposed to be funding things like the emergency services, refuse collection, highway maintenance, and other things that are provided by the councils. Except, they seem more intent on wasting it on stupid things. My town, we just bought a brand new statue for the town center, while making cuts left right and center to save money.

We have income tax too, not sure what that ones for though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:42 pm
And you wonder why the colonists revolted. England has one of the most ridiculous taxation systems out there. razz  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

cheesy nipples

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:45 pm
Reeves
And you wonder why the colonists revolted. England has one of the most ridiculous taxation systems out there. razz

No argument from me. We got so many taxes paying, we don't know what they are or where the money goes.

council tax
income tax
national insurance
road tax
Value Added Tax
Fuel tax
Too many taxes!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:46 pm
cheesy nipples
Reeves

No argument from me. We got so many taxes paying, we don't know what they are or where the money goes.

council tax
income tax
national insurance
road tax
Value Added Tax
Fuel tax
Too many taxes!

Why don't you take a page out of our book? Protest the taxes! I mean, seriously, they imposed stamp taxes and tea taxes back in the day, and they don't seem to have learned their lesson.  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

cheesy nipples

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:49 pm
Reeves
cheesy nipples
Reeves

council tax
income tax
national insurance
road tax
Value Added Tax
Fuel tax
Too many taxes!

Why don't you take a page out of our book? Protest the taxes! I mean, seriously, they imposed stamp taxes and tea taxes back in the day, and they don't seem to have learned their lesson.

We oppose the taxes, get told they're for our own good, for the good of the country. Then the government ignores the issue and carries on.

Its a vicious circle that will only be broken when we get someone with new ideas and an imagination in power.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:11 pm
yeah, but despite all of this, I wouldn't really want to live anywhere else.  

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

cheesy nipples

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:23 pm
Nu Lucrezia

I would.
Not got much to keep me here, so I wouldn't mind living somewhere else. Plus, this country is headed for disaster, so I'd like to get out before hell breaks loose.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:13 pm
cheesy nipples
Nu Lucrezia

I would.
Not got much to keep me here, so I wouldn't mind living somewhere else. Plus, this country is headed for disaster, so I'd like to get out before hell breaks loose.

Isn't every country headed for disaster at this point? You'll find s**t politics and systems no matter which country you go to, nips. Just being honest.  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

cheesy nipples

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:16 pm
Reeves
cheesy nipples
Nu Lucrezia

I would.

Isn't every country headed for disaster at this point? You'll find s**t politics and systems no matter which country you go to, nips. Just being honest.

True, but it seems the UK is leading the way at the moment. I can see the world collapsing soon. Politics will destroy society.

The Barely-Knowns

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff