Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Side decks: good or bad Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gravitational Molestation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:22 pm
Poison To The Heart
I am not a fan of side decks, as if you make a deck make it ready for anything in the first place instead of using your side deck to fix your problems.

A side deck to me is a excuse to swap card in and out that don`t work as you expected when a enemy plays something(deck) you normally cant counter. so you swap cards in and try again but this time your swap can mess you up as a deck should have mutable ways of winning and if you lose once way what is the chance that this time around your old un swapped deck would of had a better chance of winning. Highly.

Or on a side note.. I don`t use one never have , and I have had my wins and losses but I still say a side deck wont be too effective when it messes up your deck and how it`s used normally.
You're an idiot, a bloody idiot.

If you make a deck that is meant to counter EVERYTHING it'll fail when ANYTHING plays you.

Say you main Pulling the Rug because of Monarchs. Well, what happens when someone without effects that hit Rug come along? Rug is a dead draw.

Let's say you main Consecrated Light because of Blackwings, Gravekeeper's or dark decks in general. What happens when a nondark focused deck comes along? Light is a dead draw.

Focusing your deck on a specific strategy with flexibility in its structure is key to using a sidedeck. In my Gravekeeper's deck I run double Royal Tribute, triple Duality and triple Upstart. Guess what I side out first? Upstarts and Tributes. I side them out for anti-anti-GK cards and cards that are good against specific match ups. Why? Because Tributes, Upstarts and Dualities are GOOD cards for the deck but not NECESSARY.

If I'm running, say, Fish. I can side in things like Consecrated Light against dark based decks without taking a hit to myself BUT will be impeding their strategy SEVERELY, at times even locking them down completely and winning with just that -one- card.

Side decks are essential to gaining an edge in games two and three when you now know what your opponent is running. The main deck is meant to be a general overall good deck with strength against all other competitive decks. A side deck is meant to morph that deck into something more tuned to face certain match ups.

Honestly, I will play anyone here. You tell me your deck type, I'll throw together a side deck against it, with a generally good main deck and after game one I'll side. You can't though. See how well you do at that point.

Any of you saying side decks are bad, I challenge you in that method. Bring, it, on. Prove your point in practice NOT in bullshit.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:24 pm
The_Wanderer_Samurai
if people want to yell at me for not making a side deck I will for my paradox deck, that way I can summon my cards easy
Do you even know what the ******** a side deck is?  

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:32 pm
The_Wanderer_Samurai
if people want to yell at me for not making a side deck I will for my paradox deck, that way I can summon my cards easy
Do you even know what the ******** a side deck is?

yes I do  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:35 pm
its funny how people are getting mad over a side deck, have fun with your deck, when you get pissed and saying these people suck at the game, you turned into a Seto Kaiba, just like so many others. I seen them, my friends seen them and then they lose. have fun its a card game  

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:38 pm
It's funny how terrible you are at this game.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:39 pm
The_Wanderer_Samurai
its funny how people are getting mad over a side deck, have fun with your deck, when you get pissed and saying these people suck at the game, you turned into a Seto Kaiba, just like so many others. I seen them, my friends seen them and then they lose. have fun its a card game
I have fun. I'm having fun making fun of your idiocy right now. I have fun on a competitive level where the side deck is a REQUIREMENT for good play.

Explain what a side deck is, when you use it, etc.

Everything you've said so far has lead us all to believe you have no idea.  

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:43 pm
Mustard Like Soup

really? you and the rest need to stop thinking you guys are all high and mighty thinking you know it all. if you want to think other suck, I will just call you kaiba. I look at every duelist as the same, but when you start thinking your better then others, then your to into yourself. I dont respect kaiba duelist and I hope you start respecting others if they have a side deck or not, its a game to have fun  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:46 pm
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Mustard Like Soup

really? you and the rest need to stop thinking you guys are all high and mighty thinking you know it all. if you want to think other suck, I will just call you kaiba. I look at every duelist as the same, but when you start thinking your better then others, then your to into yourself. I dont respect kaiba duelist and I hope you start respecting others if they have a side deck or not, its a game to have fun
We've established this already.

Grav and I ARE superior, to all of you. And we know more, than all of your. Especially you.

You'd like to know how people like us end up, but you are nothing to us. You, are, nothing.  

Space Toad -B

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:47 pm
Mustard Like Soup
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Mustard Like Soup

Grav and I ARE superior, to all of you. And we know more, than all of your. Especially you.

You'd like to know how people like us end up, but you are nothing to us. You, are, nothing.

keep thinking that kaiba, it will be your down fall  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:47 pm
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Mustard Like Soup

yes it is a game to have fun. however, blatently ignoring advice is just plain stupid. take it into consideration, try it, and get it done with. if you dont like it, at least you can say you've tried it. i don't like side decks, that doesn't mean i wont use it to win. the only time i dont side is when i'm having a single duel or a friendly match.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:48 pm
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Mustard Like Soup
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Mustard Like Soup

Oh? Then would you like to prove it?

Because as we've seen, you're still a terrible player.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:51 pm
Mustard Like Soup
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Mustard Like Soup
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Mustard Like Soup

you say I am but you never seen me duel  

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:52 pm
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Mustard Like Soup
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Mustard Like Soup
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Mustard Like Soup

you say I am but you never seen me duel
Don't need to. You, are, horrible. Never will be as good as me.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:53 pm
I think I already issued this challenge.

Play me. I'll use a sidedeck, you won't.  

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:05 pm
I think we still need an explanation on how to use a side deck.  
Domino City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff