Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Yugioh 3D movie Paradox's Deck Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:29 pm
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Labyrinthknight7
You can block almost ALL of the Sin monsters (except for gear, paradox and truth dragons) by keeping an imperial iron wall.
It instantly blocks any and all removing tactics used to summon the bulk of those monsters. ALSO, with MST now at 2, as well as scraps' tendancy for field destruction, you can easily block any field from staying for too long, getting rid of Sins one after the other.

The bulk of lower tier Sin monsters don't have any secondary effect, and rely heavily on support from spells and traps. Perhaps combining the extra deck removal Sins with a D.D. deck can help, but they'll still share weakness for IIW.

The biggest thing for me in the new movie pack is easily Junk Gardna (of which I want to get 2 copies); with new junk support coming from premium pack manga cards, as well as extreme victory's 2 additions, it fleshes out the small archtype just enough to support with splashable spells and traps, maybe even equipment for a Junk/Life stream deck to form.

paradox's deck will only be my secondary deck, I mostly use my blackwing deck and I beat alot of powerful decks with it like 6 samurai's, x-saber, scrap, and even lightsworn decks

Mine are:
Karakuri EARTH machines
Final countdown
Skull servant/ toolbox
Electical storm (elec/batteryman)
Fabled monarchs
Warrior/spellcaster

I'm considering a junk deck though, with this recipe (prototype 1.0):

Monsters: 21

Junk synchron x3
Junk forward x3
Junk servant x3
Junk collector x2
Junk blader x2
Junk Defender x3
level warrior x3
Tuningware x2

Spells: 13

Junk barrage x2
inferno reckless summon x2
Tuning
Vairon matter x2
United we stand x2
Break, draw x2
M.S.T. x2

Traps: 7

Scrap iron scarecrow x2
Wild tornado x2
Dark bribe x2
Magic cylinder

Extra deck: 15

Catapult warrior x2
Junk warrior x3
Junk archer x2
Junk Berserker x2
Junk destroyer x3
Junk Gardna x3

Side deck: 5
Cluster pendulum x2
Dark hole
Monster reborn
Dandylion  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:03 pm
Labyrinthknight7
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Labyrinthknight7
You can block almost ALL of the Sin monsters (except for gear, paradox and truth dragons) by keeping an imperial iron wall.
It instantly blocks any and all removing tactics used to summon the bulk of those monsters. ALSO, with MST now at 2, as well as scraps' tendancy for field destruction, you can easily block any field from staying for too long, getting rid of Sins one after the other.

The bulk of lower tier Sin monsters don't have any secondary effect, and rely heavily on support from spells and traps. Perhaps combining the extra deck removal Sins with a D.D. deck can help, but they'll still share weakness for IIW.

The biggest thing for me in the new movie pack is easily Junk Gardna (of which I want to get 2 copies); with new junk support coming from premium pack manga cards, as well as extreme victory's 2 additions, it fleshes out the small archtype just enough to support with splashable spells and traps, maybe even equipment for a Junk/Life stream deck to form.

paradox's deck will only be my secondary deck, I mostly use my blackwing deck and I beat alot of powerful decks with it like 6 samurai's, x-saber, scrap, and even lightsworn decks

Mine are:
Karakuri EARTH machines
Final countdown
Skull servant/ toolbox
Fabled monarchs
Warrior/spellcaster

Junk synchron x3
Junk forward x3
Junk servant x3
Junk collector x2
Junk blader x2
Junk Defender x3
level warrior x3
Tuningware x2

Junk barrage x2
Tuning
Vairon matter x2
United we stand x2
Break, draw x2
M.S.T. x2

Scrap iron scarecrow x2
Wild tornado x2
Dark bribe x2
Magic cylinder

Catapult warrior x2
Junk warrior x3
Junk archer x2
Junk Berserker x2
Junk destroyer x3
Junk Gardna x3

Cluster pendulum x2
Dark hole
Monster reborn
Dandylion

never tried to duel that deck before, and I never use a side deck, I dont see anyone that use one o-o  

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:27 pm
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Labyrinthknight7
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Labyrinthknight7

Mine are:
Karakuri EARTH machines
Final countdown
Skull servant/ toolbox
Fabled monarchs
Warrior/spellcaster

Junk synchron x3
Junk forward x3
Junk servant x3
Junk collector x2
Junk blader x2
Junk Defender x3
level warrior x3
Tuningware x2

Junk barrage x2
Tuning
Vairon matter x2
United we stand x2
Break, draw x2
M.S.T. x2

Scrap iron scarecrow x2
Wild tornado x2
Dark bribe x2
Magic cylinder

Catapult warrior x2
Junk warrior x3
Junk archer x2
Junk Berserker x2
Junk destroyer x3
Junk Gardna x3

Cluster pendulum x2
Dark hole
Monster reborn
Dandylion

never tried to duel that deck before, and I never use a side deck, I dont see anyone that use one o-o

no side deck? WTF? every competitive player uses one to adapt to the meta.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:32 pm
axean
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Labyrinthknight7
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Labyrinthknight7

Mine are:
Karakuri EARTH machines
Final countdown
Skull servant/ toolbox
Fabled monarchs
Warrior/spellcaster

Junk synchron x3
Junk forward x3
Junk servant x3
Junk collector x2
Junk blader x2
Junk Defender x3
level warrior x3
Tuningware x2

Junk barrage x2
Tuning
Vairon matter x2
United we stand x2
Break, draw x2
M.S.T. x2

Scrap iron scarecrow x2
Wild tornado x2
Dark bribe x2
Magic cylinder

Catapult warrior x2
Junk warrior x3
Junk archer x2
Junk Berserker x2
Junk destroyer x3
Junk Gardna x3

Cluster pendulum x2
Dark hole
Monster reborn
Dandylion

no side deck? WTF? every competitive player uses one to adapt to the meta.

if I get good cards I win in 3 to 4 turns, even if I get bad cards I can win in less then 10 turns depending on the deck, the only "side" deck I use is my Synchro cards, if that is even a side deck  

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:37 pm
The_Wanderer_Samurai

if I get good cards I win in 3 to 4 turns, even if I get bad cards I can win in less then 10 turns depending on the deck, the only "side" deck I use is my Synchro cards, if that is even a side deck

everyone knows, a side deck is important. sure, you don't need a side deck to win, but it greatly increases your chance of winning against decks you normally cannot beat.

also, the deck for synchros and fusion (and later on Exceeds) is called the extra deck.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:39 pm
axean
The_Wanderer_Samurai

everyone knows, a side deck is important. sure, you don't need a side deck to win, but it greatly increases your chance of winning against decks you normally cannot beat.

also, the deck for synchros and fusion (and later on Exceeds) is called the extra deck.

thought so, to me side decks are useless, its good for people want to use them, and I think im going to stick to my synchro monsters, Zexal is eh for me right now  

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:42 pm
The_Wanderer_Samurai
axean
The_Wanderer_Samurai

thought so, to me side decks are useless, its good for people want to use them, and I think im going to stick to my synchro monsters, Zexal is eh for me right now

tsk tsk tsk. I once thought the same way. but once i tried a side deck, i learned it was extremely useful. if you don't believe me, prepare to lose in the meta.

go to an actual tournament with actual cash or pack prizes sponsered by konami in a konami sanctioned store, and you'll see how hard it is to win without a side deck.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:52 pm
axean
The_Wanderer_Samurai
axean
The_Wanderer_Samurai

tsk tsk tsk. I once thought the same way. but once i tried a side deck, i learned it was extremely useful. if you don't believe me, prepare to lose in the meta.

go to an actual tournament with actual cash or pack prizes sponsered by konami in a konami sanctioned store, and you'll see how hard it is to win without a side deck.

with the 10 years I been dueling, I have went to tournaments, and I only seen like 3 people that used them.  

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:01 pm
The_Wanderer_Samurai
axean
The_Wanderer_Samurai
axean
The_Wanderer_Samurai

with the 10 years I been dueling, I have went to tournaments, and I only seen like 3 people that used them.

... apparently it's not getting through your skull. Side Deck's are important for winning duels you would normally lose. I can't think of a deck you wouldn't side against unless it was some out of the blue deck that noone really can against because they weren't expecting it to ever be used.

I've been dueling as long as you, if not longer, and i have seen 100's of people use side decks.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:57 pm
side deck`s are for players who need to change the deck to win.. this is why I make my decks good to win with out the need to side deck agenced any one..

just pointing out.

Ib The Goblin Tactician

Greedy Informer

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:45 pm
Any people who hate side decks are stupid. Yeah, luck is an important element, but if you build your deck right it becomes almost nonexistant.

Consider this situation: You're in a tounament, and the person you're facing in a full match 2/3 wins gets the first win, not because you get a dead draw, but because you CANNOT beat them with your current setup. With no side deck, you're guarunteed to lose, but with a side deck, you can change cards between rounds and have a possibility of comeback and victory.

Not wanting a side deck because you think it'll only drag you down will make you a petty, unflexable, and weak duelist. For what your deck can't cover, use a side deck and stop bitching about being better for not using one.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:00 pm
Labyrinthknight7
Any people who hate side decks are stupid. Yeah, luck is an important element, but if you build your deck right it becomes almost nonexistant.

Consider this situation: You're in a tounament, and the person you're facing in a full match 2/3 wins gets the first win, not because you get a dead draw, but because you CANNOT beat them with your current setup. With no side deck, you're guarunteed to lose, but with a side deck, you can change cards between rounds and have a possibility of comeback and victory.

Not wanting a side deck because you think it'll only drag you down will make you a petty, unflexable, and weak duelist. For what your deck can't cover, use a side deck and stop bitching about being better for not using one.

thank you.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Avalon avenger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:52 pm
I've never really had the justification of using a side deck, not saying their not extremely useful, just saying that I've never had to use one. The player's in my area range from really bad LOL n00b to something like pro players, and I've done alright, not the best, but not the worst. I'm now taking the time ton set up a side deck, just to have the experience of setting it up. You people saying that side are bad and dumb and not necessary need to learn a thing or two. Your area might not inspire you to make it, but make it anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:56 pm
I didnt say side decks were bad, damn. im just saying I seen people win without it. no need to get all huff and puff  

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:23 pm
ll Artest of the East ll
side deck`s are for players who need to change the deck to win.. this is why I make my decks good to win with out the need to side deck agenced any one..

just pointing out.
Side decks are for players who don't need anything. They want to have a more strategical advantage. Those who don't work with side decks should really leave their say out of it when they know nothing, because someone like me will come along and decide to 2-0 you, without need of it.

Just pointing out.  
Domino City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces