Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Kicked out of 4 stores Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heywouldntyouknow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:41 pm
Junk 1t
Mustard Like Soup
Junk 1t
most places arn't worried about loosing 1 customer
You're incredibly wrong.

If explaining in a manner suitable to the customer that they uphold a policy in which they feel what the customer is doing is wrong, it makes all the difference. Etiquette makes money when done right, and the business Would have kept their consumer if they had simply addressed the manner respectfully.

To think that business doesn't care about customer relations when profit is totally dependent on it, is wrong.

interesting...

you seem to care more about tearing down my comment rather then either correcting it, or evening looking at any other part of the post...

@Twin
well Target does sell a rather large amount of cards...

not to mention it's not like it was just the 1 store, the topic says it happened 4 times, which means their's something we're not being told

Ok Target is not a local family/ private owned business. Because the logic you are using I could easily turn around and go well Path-mark sells al ot of cards.

Target can buy an insane amounts of bulk in blisters and tins, a local card store cannot. A local card store makes its money by having good relations with it's customers. Target has a checkout line where you buy your stuff and leave.

Also it's there's not their's. That was bothering me slightly.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:44 pm
The their's part made me laugh >w<

and I've never heard of path-mark  

Junk 1t

Heywouldntyouknow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:49 pm
Junk 1t

Where in the U.S do you live?

If you don't live in the U.S, I envy you.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:54 pm
TwinHeart
Junk 1t

I looked it up, Pathmark- only exists in Delaware, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania

so... not there
(sorry, but I dun really wanna tell)  

Junk 1t

Heywouldntyouknow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:15 pm
Junk 1t
TwinHeart
Junk 1t

I looked it up, Pathmark- only exists in Delaware, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania

so... not there
(sorry, but I dun really wanna tell)

That's fine. Huh, I thought they were much larger.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:17 pm
Junk 1t
Mustard Like Soup
Junk 1t
You're incredibly wrong.

If explaining in a manner suitable to the customer that they uphold a policy in which they feel what the customer is doing is wrong, it makes all the difference. Etiquette makes money when done right, and the business Would have kept their consumer if they had simply addressed the manner respectfully.

To think that business doesn't care about customer relations when profit is totally dependent on it, is wrong.

interesting...

you seem to care more about tearing down my comment rather then either correcting it, or evening looking at any other part of the post...
Well, s**t, I thought saying "you're wrong" and explaining why was correcting you. Silly me.

Albeit, you'd be right. I was completely interested in ripping your post, and nothing more.  

Space Toad -B

KillaMo187

5,900 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:32 pm
I've never been screwed outta cards in a pack. I don't see a reason for a Scale. all that does is ether tick people off or make em act paranoid enough to go "leave... now" people who use scales to buy stuff is as weird in a store as the "egg" guys looking for the perfect dozen... same with milk maids.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:38 pm
Mustard Like Soup
Junk 1t
You're incredibly wrong.

Very true.
An "excuse me, please do not weigh the packs." is much better than a "HEY! NO SCALES!"  

Tsukinoki

Burakku_Kitsune

5,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:09 pm
"If they don't want you to weigh them don't weigh them. It's not worth some stupid little quirk to get kicked out of a store.
Also if that is really was what you said you response was way out of proportion. I am sure she did not cuss you out for weighing cards, there was no reason to call her a b***h for having a rule about the store.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:37 am
Mustard Like Soup
Junk 1t
Mustard Like Soup
Junk 1t
You're incredibly wrong.

interesting...

Well, s**t, I thought saying "you're wrong" and explaining why was correcting you. Silly me.

Albeit, you'd be right. I was completely interested in ripping your post, and nothing more.
This is why our thread will be going up soon Mustard.
smile  

Gravitational Molestation

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:36 am
I totally missed this, and I'm going to reply. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight now.

Burakku_Kitsune
"If they don't want you to weigh them don't weigh them. It's not worth some stupid little quirk to get kicked out of a store.
Also if that is really was what you said you response was way out of proportion. I am sure she did not cuss you out for weighing cards, there was no reason to call her a b***h for having a rule about the store.
You've misinterpreted that specific instance in a completely incorrect way. It was the woman who was running the show that started the attitude first.

It doesn't matter if he has cursed, as the customer, he has the right to if the business is not treating him with the proper respect. As the customer, he can act in any way he pleased so long as it was not a physical confrontation or harassing manner, and so long as no property or merchandise were being damaged or stolen.

That is how business works. The business must follow a code of conduct, and if they violate that code of conduct, they may as well be throwing their register out the window. It doesn't matter how the customer acts, and in this case, the customer's actions were solely based off of the employee violating that code of conduct.

And, like said in the OP, if reasonably requested not to weigh the packs, he wouldn't have.

Your problem is, you read that a scale was involved in purchasing merchandise, and ultimately decided the OP was wrong. He wasn't.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:19 pm
Personally if I brought in a scale and was going to use it, I would ask if I could. I see it as a common courtesy. At the same time, the way they acted was out of line. If they didn't want you to use it all they had to do was tell you.  

brotherofAnubus

Dangerous Survivor

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:47 pm
Actually after re-reading the first post, i side with the store. It is true that there is a code of conduct that SHOULD be followed but what you are describing is either unrealistic or its just the stores exercising their right to refuse service. But since we have no evidence to prove such stores were being rude (hell, yelp the stores and let me see some reviews at least), I'm gonna say you were the rude one, and the stores didn't behave that way. At this point I'm picturing the clerk telling you in monotone "No scales" because they are used to people trying to scale the packs, and you snapping. Actually since its with cards, I have an easy time believing the clerk handing you a pack from behind the counter and you weighing the pack and then asking to switch the packs. In which case the clerk said no because you are weighing the packs, and you complaining. In which case the clerk telling you to leave.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:48 pm
Mustard Like Soup
I totally missed this, and I'm going to reply. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight now.

Burakku_Kitsune
You've misinterpreted that specific instance in a completely incorrect way. It was the woman who was running the show that started the attitude first.

It doesn't matter if he has cursed, as the customer, he has the right to if the business is not treating him with the proper respect. As the customer, he can act in any way he pleased so long as it was not a physical confrontation or harassing manner, and so long as no property or merchandise were being damaged or stolen.

That is how business works. The business must follow a code of conduct, and if they violate that code of conduct, they may as well be throwing their register out the window. It doesn't matter how the customer acts, and in this case, the customer's actions were solely based off of the employee violating that code of conduct.

And, like said in the OP, if reasonably requested not to weigh the packs, he wouldn't have.

Your problem is, you read that a scale was involved in purchasing merchandise, and ultimately decided the OP was wrong. He wasn't.
"You assume he is telling the entire truth. I admit I was not there, but I believe we all have to acknowledge that if he was kicked out of the store for whatever reason there will be hostility. I do not believe his story to be unbiased, and respond accordingly. And cursing someone out is a mild form of harassment. If she did infact have an attitude he was in the wrong to sink down below her level and curse at her.
I can't believe I actually just acknowledged you reply I usually just see you name, and kinda chuckle to myself. -.-"  

Burakku_Kitsune

5,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:07 pm
I have done that before, but konami changed their cards around, because people were doing that, you can tell by the new look from the new booster box cards. to me if you want a card really bad, for example "pot of duality" buy it on ebay, its better then gamble lots of money to get a few cards.  
Domino City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff