Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I am starting to question my gender Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aristocratic Views

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:56 pm
Fuuta De La Stella
Sasu-L
Fuuta De La Stella
Sasu-L
Fuuta De La Stella
Sasu-L
User Image

Österreichischen Komponisten sind die besten .....

I agree with everyone else. If it makes you feel more comfortable, go with it. You can try asking some people to start calling you be female pronouns and things to try it out and see how it feels.
Whatever the case my be, good luck!

...... Die süßen Melodien in meinen Ohren Schwimmer

I thought of that. But, it didn't quite help all that much. I mean it did fit well, I do respond to that better.

Then I think you should go with it. If your name makes you uncomfortable, then you might want to think of a different name to go by. You should go for it if it makes you feel better about yourself.
I didn't think of that. I will try that. Thank you for you help. That actually seems like it would help more.

It is fine, I am happy to help any other trans people, if they need it.
Okay, well I will be sure to come to you for more help then.

That is good.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:35 pm
What could also help you by a bit is to start a blog into which you write how you feel. I had one for last year - I realised around this time last year that I'd be so much happier if I just stopped pretending to be a girl, and accepted that I'm trans. It wasn't easy with all the self-questioning, but writing all my related thoughts into a blog helped me massively.

I never had to read through a single entry I had written, because the very act of writing them solved my thoughts and helped me further.  

Seraph of Thursday

Lonely Saint

RosesandBlood

Precious Star

14,825 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:46 pm
I suggest giving it some more time. Sometimes it feels like your soul is in the wrong body. I'm female but I do tend to level with men. But I still feel I'm in the right body. I do however have friends who are more twisted to where they feel the same.

It's okay. You might just be a female soul trapped in a man.
Give yourself time and don't think on it too hard or you might regret it. Start doing what you feel like with out much thought and then come back to it later. It'll work itself out before you know it.

If you wanna chat Pm me anytime.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:11 am
Fuuta De La Stella
So, for the past couple of weeks. I have been feeling different about my gender and I have been starting to question it. I dunno why, but I find my self more and more acting and talking like a female and I am starting to feel like I am the wrong body. I was wondering what I should be doing...

Take a long walk, exercise, hangout with your friends and have a good time.

At the end of the day, you take a shower and while drying yourself, look at the mirror. What do you see? biggrin  

JovitaTanuwidjaja

The_27th_Doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:41 pm
When I first started questioning my gender I started talking to really close friends,spending a lot of time lost in thought,and eventually I started talking to a therapist. I definitely suggest the last two. I'm not saying you're mentally unstable or any crap like that. But a good therapist can help sort out the feelings you're having. As can having very supportive and understanding friends.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:43 pm
By the way though I'm a transman you can definitely message me anytime if you ever wanna discuss anything or have any questions.  

The_27th_Doctor

Wonderful Nicole

7,600 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:34 pm
There was a time in my life that I also questioned my gender...
What really helped me is finding someone that I can trust intimately to talk in great lengths about this. Kinda like a therapist (you can go that route, or just a good friend). Just having someone listen - face to face - to what I was thinking really helped me figure things out. I am very happy in my original gender now.

Just don't rush into things that you can't reverse, you may regret it later if you make the wrong choice...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:57 pm
Not to make light of questioning gender, but there are situations where people are convinced that people of a certain gender should act a certain way.
What I would tell you, is as there are all types of people, there are all types of men and women. There is a way to be male, and have traits that some might consider feminine, as there are times where females can be incredibly tough.
Bottom line, don't let other people's opinions influence you, and see if you're comfortable with yourself. After that, things might come into better focus.  

Tendrils

9,225 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:22 am
ElijahKamikaze
When I first started questioning my gender I started talking to really close friends,spending a lot of time lost in thought,and eventually I started talking to a therapist. I definitely suggest the last two. I'm not saying you're mentally unstable or any crap like that. But a good therapist can help sort out the feelings you're having. As can having very supportive and understanding friends.
(sorry for never responding, I thought it was only gonna be people saying not to do surgery yet, which im not gonna do till I am 100% sure) Well, I have a friend at school who happens to be trans so I talk to him a lot about it. But thank you for the suggestions.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:25 am
Tendrils
Not to make light of questioning gender, but there are situations where people are convinced that people of a certain gender should act a certain way.
What I would tell you, is as there are all types of people, there are all types of men and women. There is a way to be male, and have traits that some might consider feminine, as there are times where females can be incredibly tough.
Bottom line, don't let other people's opinions influence you, and see if you're comfortable with yourself. After that, things might come into better focus.
Well, yea I know that. Its just I never seem to respond well to he,him or my own name. Yet, if someone calls me a she or her or the girl's name I like I respond well and I have always been like that. Its just I now recently started to notice it and I talk to a really close friend of mine who happens to be trans and he helps me with it. I know I don't let other people influence me.  

SadaKiyo

Streaker

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:45 pm
Fuuta De La Stella
So, for the past couple of weeks. I have been feeling different about my gender and I have been starting to question it. I dunno why, but I find my self more and more acting and talking like a female and I am starting to feel like I am the wrong body. I was wondering what I should be doing...

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:43 pm
Deciding can be hard

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff