Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Exceed Monsters Confirmed Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heywouldntyouknow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:36 pm
An excellent article as always.

back to the point. I find exceed to be interesting new mechanic, one I hope will make decks diverse. I for one think it'll be a slow start for people to pick up, but that was the case with many things.
I'm a little confused about it though; does this mean with the monsters used for exceed stay on the field and take up two monster slots instead of one? I'm sorry if I sound a little stupid.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:48 pm
Labyrinthknight7
My predictions (I'm willing to bet money on):

1.) In Yugioh ZEXAL, the plot will be focused on time-travel. I say this because the first series of Yugioh (including series 0) focused on the past. Yugioh GX chose to focus on the present. Yugioh 5Ds is focused on the future.

2.) Halfway through this series, they will introduce a new type of exceed (my guess is it being called chain exceed, branch exceed, or promotion exceed), just as the GX era introduced the new fusion, contact fusion, and 5Ds introduced accel synchro. I'm thinking original Yugioh might have introduced either level monsters (silent swordsman AND magician) or ritual as intent to evolve gameplay.

I have a feeling that the whole plot will be somewhat based on the Duel terminal plot, possibly. Though I could be wrong.  

Heywouldntyouknow

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:07 am
TwinHeart

back to the point. I find exceed to be interesting new mechanic, one I hope will make decks diverse. I for one think it'll be a slow start for people to pick up, but that was the case with many things.
I'm a little confused about it though; does this mean with the monsters used for exceed stay on the field and take up two monster slots instead of one? I'm sorry if I sound a little stupid.

No; you stack the monsters used for material on the same monster cards zone, then plac the exceed monster on top of them.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:15 am
Labyrinthknight7
TwinHeart

No; you stack the monsters used for material on the same monster cards zone, then plac the exceed monster on top of them.

I just relized, the Overlay units are like the Pok'e Mon Card games evolutions and energies. you just keep stacking them under the highest evolution.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Heywouldntyouknow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:11 am
Labyrinthknight7
TwinHeart

Alright thank you for covering that up.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:59 am
axean

I just relized, the Overlay units are like the Pok'e Mon Card games evolutions and energies. you just keep stacking them under the highest evolution.

And also, Duel masters Evolution, though, I don't believe there're many Duel master players in the wold now. lol  

Yusaru

Yusaru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:07 pm
I, for one, am actually looking forward to this new mechanic. I didn't like it at first, but further investigation and observation has changed my mind! =^) It sounds pretty cool! (And the card style just looks freaking awesome)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:54 pm
List of exceed monsters:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gachigachi_Gantetsu
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Vylon_Disigma
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/No._39_Aspiring_Emperor_Hope
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/No._17_Revise_Dragon
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gurensaurus

ENJOY  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

sky_rider19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:43 pm
hmmmm, I'm on the fence for this. It seems interesting...We'll just have to wait and see.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:49 pm
Another question then. If I use two exceed monsters to Exceed summon another creature, does that creature gain the materials from the other exceed monsters?  

Heywouldntyouknow

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:08 pm
TwinHeart
If I use two exceed monsters to Exceed summon another creature...
Not possible.

Exceed Monsters require two materials of the same Level. Exceed Monsters don't have a Level, they have a Rank.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:14 pm
Mustard Like Soup
TwinHeart
Not possible.

Exceed Monsters require two materials of the same Level. Exceed Monsters don't have a Level, they have a Rank.
Wow I'm dumb.  

Heywouldntyouknow

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:31 am
Marauding -> Marauding -> Revise Dragon OR Gurensaurus on turn 1

....YES!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:06 pm
TwinHeart
Mustard Like Soup
TwinHeart
Not possible.

Wow I'm dumb.

although, seeing what they've done with Accel Synchro and Delta Accel Synchro Summons, i wouldn't be surprised if down the line they invent an advanced version of Exceed Monsters that require two Exceed Monsters  

greenman007

Romantic Sex Symbol

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Domino City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers