Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Scrap Theory Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:14 pm
Gravitational Molestation
Tsukinoki
Shark....waste of a summon. foolish, scrap storm, and ryko are more than enough milling for this deck, and its high atk points do not compensate for its weaknesses.
Worm....i guess its okay if you run it with scrap breaker (though i stand by my comment saying Cyber Dragon > Breaker)

EDIT: Also don't run 3 Goblins, run 1-2 and use the free slots for support cards.
No one said anything about Goblin at three. It's ridiculous to run it at three.

Shark is not a waste of a summon and you're using RYKOS? Have fun with your inconsistency. I did that before, it worked pretty well but it wasn't half as consistent as using Shark. Its effect and high attack make it flat out amazing. You were the one talking about "set up" plays before. Shark is JUST THAT. A previous turn set up.

This can force your opponent to use a counter (eg. BTH, Solemn Warning, et al.) or even force them to not use a thing out of fear of the Foolish Burial with legs staring them down. They know if they use X, Shark will allow you to use Golem/Chimera and start your synchro shenanigans. If they use X and they have no counter to the synchro shenanigans they screw themselves over. In either route Shark is amazing. The chances of forcing Shark AND having a counter to the synchro shenanigans are less than having one of the previous two routes. Basically drawing two cards together instead of just drawing one.

Shark, is, amazing.

Scrap Worm has its own merits. It being a level two tuner allows more versatility in your extra deck. Golem can go into Black Rose Dragon. Shark allows you to go into Brionac and Goyo Guardian.

Also, it's a standalone recycler. It doesn't depend on your opponent attacking it in face-up defense mode. It doesn't depend on Scrapstorm. It doesn't depend on anything except your opponent not using Mirror Force on it. Out of options at the time? Drop Worm, 500 hit, grab Chimera for next turn.

Scraps are ALL about those set up plays, which is why Forbidden Lance is theoretically a necessity.

Also, smaller cool thing to do with Scrap Worm, remember the Chimera loop? Summon Chimera with Scrap Dragon out, detonate the Chimera, next turn (or the same turn with another Dragon) detonate the Tuner, get back Chimera, repeat? Well, Worm cuts out the necessity of the second Dragon or second turn. Chimera for Worm, Dragon blows up Chimera, Worm swings and gets Chimera back, repeat.

Worm is pretty good. Not game breaking but pretty good. I'd run one, always.

the 3 goblins was referring to his second post (unless he was kidding....)

Shark still skeptical about it, again i have no idea who you are, nor have i played you (thus me calling you a nobody, sorry if it offended you in anyway). I'm currently talking to my friend about it but no conclusion as of yet. i want to run one to increase my synchro possibilities but again my opponents look at its milling as a "so-what?" and just destroy it. and you don't really need all that much mill, just have a beast/ chimera in your grave and you are set.

Worm....not clue, want to run it but i'm currently looking over the options so to be continued on this one....

As for your loop, been there done that, very fun, especially if i have 2 dragons on the field and i just keep recycling my chimeras.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:26 pm
Ah, I see. I hope he's kidding. neutral

Who I am and if we've played doesn't matter. Points are points regardless of who said them.

And yes, the "nobody" comment was basically a challenge to Mustard and myself. If it was meant nonchalantly you probably should have chosen a better word given "nobody"'s label in society as worthless, negligible, etc.

Think of Shark this way, you're currently running Foolish and three Storms, three out of forty. With double shark it's now five out of forty. One eighth of your deck is now devoted to starting the Chimera/Golem shenanigans. It's an increase in odds that you can start the offensive engine of the scrap deck. Add that with all the gameplay theory I mentioned before and it's overwhelmingly a good card. If your opponents are blindly destroying it, they're just increasing your odds of winning. Playing blindly without thinking through your moves is a terrible playstyle.

Worm is great, I HIGHLY suggest trying it. If you don't like it, take it out. It's not that big of a difference running without one.

And yes, that loop is hilarious, though I prefer just using Level Eater like bawlz nutz.

Suggestion, this thread's title be changed to "Scrap Strategy Discussion" just so Axean doesn't throw a hissy fit.  

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:37 pm
Ah, I see. I hope he's kidding. neutral

Who I am and if we've played doesn't matter. Points are points regardless of who said them.

And yes, the "nobody" comment was basically a challenge to Mustard and myself. If it was meant nonchalantly you probably should have chosen a better word given "nobody"'s label in society as worthless, negligible, etc.

Think of Shark this way, you're currently running Foolish and three Storms, three out of forty. With double shark it's now five out of forty. One eighth of your deck is now devoted to starting the Chimera/Golem shenanigans. It's an increase in odds that you can start the offensive engine of the scrap deck. Add that with all the gameplay theory I mentioned before and it's overwhelmingly a good card. If your opponents are blindly destroying it, they're just increasing your odds of winning. Playing blindly without thinking through your moves is a terrible playstyle.

Worm is great, I HIGHLY suggest trying it. If you don't like it, take it out. It's not that big of a difference running without one.

And yes, that loop is hilarious, though I prefer just using Level Eater like bawlz nutz.

Suggestion, this thread's title be changed to "Scrap Strategy Discussion" just so Axean doesn't throw a hissy fit.

Okay, i see your point, i'll test shark and worm out, but i'm still not gonna run breaker (for now at least).  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:39 pm
Tsukinoki
Shark....waste of a summon. foolish, scrap storm, and ryko are more than enough milling for this deck, and its high atk points do not compensate for its weaknesses.
Worm....i guess its okay if you run it with scrap breaker (though i stand by my comment saying Cyber Dragon > Breaker)

EDIT: Also don't run 3 Goblins, run 1-2 and use the free slots for support cards.
No one said anything about Goblin at three. It's ridiculous to run it at three.

Shark is not a waste of a summon and you're using RYKOS? Have fun with your inconsistency. I did that before, it worked pretty well but it wasn't half as consistent as using Shark. Its effect and high attack make it flat out amazing. You were the one talking about "set up" plays before. Shark is JUST THAT. A previous turn set up.

This can force your opponent to use a counter (eg. BTH, Solemn Warning, et al.) or even force them to not use a thing out of fear of the Foolish Burial with legs staring them down. They know if they use X, Shark will allow you to use Golem/Chimera and start your synchro shenanigans. If they use X and they have no counter to the synchro shenanigans they screw themselves over. In either route Shark is amazing. The chances of forcing Shark AND having a counter to the synchro shenanigans are less than having one of the previous two routes. Basically drawing two cards together instead of just drawing one.

Shark, is, amazing.

Scrap Worm has its own merits. It being a level two tuner allows more versatility in your extra deck. Golem can go into Black Rose Dragon. Shark allows you to go into Brionac and Goyo Guardian.

Also, it's a standalone recycler. It doesn't depend on your opponent attacking it in face-up defense mode. It doesn't depend on Scrapstorm. It doesn't depend on anything except your opponent not using Mirror Force on it. Out of options at the time? Drop Worm, 500 hit, grab Chimera for next turn.

Scraps are ALL about those set up plays, which is why Forbidden Lance is theoretically a necessity.

Also, smaller cool thing to do with Scrap Worm, remember the Chimera loop? Summon Chimera with Scrap Dragon out, detonate the Chimera, next turn (or the same turn with another Dragon) detonate the Tuner, get back Chimera, repeat? Well, Worm cuts out the necessity of the second Dragon or second turn. Chimera for Worm, Dragon blows up Chimera, Worm swings and gets Chimera back, repeat.

Worm is pretty good. Not game breaking but pretty good. I'd run one, always.

I play Goblin at 3...and i actually have never had any problems with it
This is probably an example of the different duelists we are all facing  

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:50 pm
the only problem with Goblin i see is that it is a just a stall, if you were to run them go for 1-2.

last time i ran 3 it proved to be a dead draw. But like you said it might be the variation of opponents we face.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:26 pm
I'd run three too if people blindly attacked into it, like you were saying they are doing. neutral  

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:39 pm
I'd run three too if people blindly attacked into it, like you were saying they are doing. neutral

well what if they RDA you can't activate Goblin's effect.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:19 pm
Well duh but Scrap Dragon was talking about how his opponents would attack Goblin just to get it out of the way. I'm mocking his opposition.  

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:02 pm
Well duh but Scrap Dragon was talking about how his opponents would attack Goblin just to get it out of the way. I'm mocking his opposition.

if his opponents do that, then i wonder if they even read what the card does....  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:35 am
Tsukinoki

well what if they RDA you can't activate Goblin's effect.

RDA?  

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:03 am
Red Dragon Archfiend.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:37 pm
I tested shark and worm today. Shark was surprisingly helpful, helped me set up faster and i owned my opponent in about 3 turns. and he runs a variation of dandywarrior lol

worm...it was okay.....

now i need 2 breakers to test them out though i think i have an idea of how to use it....  

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:34 pm
Tsukinoki
I tested shark and worm today. Shark was surprisingly helpful, helped me set up faster and i owned my opponent in about 3 turns. and he runs a variation of dandywarrior lol

worm...it was okay.....

now i need 2 breakers to test them out though i think i have an idea of how to use it....
I'm giving myself a point for Shark and a point for Worm (since I said it was optional).

+2.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm
Tsukinoki

worm...it was okay.....

I'm giving myself a point for Shark and a point for Worm (since I said it was optional).

+2.

worm I'm gonna give another try because i felt that it WOULD have been helpful but it came too early....
cuz i didn't get any monsters in my opening hand and all i could use it for was to get shark back for another mill...  

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:54 pm
Ouch, dems some bad drawz.  
Domino City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items