Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
My inability to... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Vampire_of_Nyx-

Toxic Nymph

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:17 pm
Kisax127
Try focusing on an object..

Breathing helps, and being clam. If you're sleepy, you'll just fall asleep..

I suck at meditating, too, so I'm sorry if I'm no help.

most of what u have been telling me i do or try  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:49 pm
-Vampire_of_Nyx-

i assume that it would be like that
Zen Buddhism does that for a reason- unless you're a Buddhist, their reason doesn't make sense.

Do you have your own reason that you can share?

Quote:
and well i like to adventure in no safe places XD

Can't help you with that. No offense, but people who aren't going to take care of themselves and the spiritual landscape around them can do so without my help.

I consider that sloppy- and it might lead to nasty daydreams at best, and real problems at worst.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

-Vampire_of_Nyx-

Toxic Nymph

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:55 pm
Esiris
-Vampire_of_Nyx-

i assume that it would be like that
Zen Buddhism does that for a reason- unless you're a Buddhist, their reason doesn't make sense.

Do you have your own reason that you can share?

Quote:
and well i like to adventure in no safe places XD

Can't help you with that. No offense, but people who aren't going to take care of themselves and the spiritual landscape around them can do so without my help.

I consider that sloppy- and it might lead to nasty daydreams at best, and real problems at worst.

my group meditates and i wanna do it with them but i cant
nooooo no no i would take precations but like its that sense of like mysteryousness is whats alureing  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:03 pm
-Vampire_of_Nyx-

Why do they meditate?

In my experience, there are lots of different kinds of meditation and people do it for different reasons.

I can't really help if everything is so general.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

-Vampire_of_Nyx-

Toxic Nymph

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:24 pm
Esiris
-Vampire_of_Nyx-

Why do they meditate?

In my experience, there are lots of different kinds of meditation and people do it for different reasons.

I can't really help if everything is so general.

to focus our energy before doing spells  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:28 pm
How long have you been practicing? Meditation is definitely something that gets easier the more you practice it. Even if you aren't aware of any improvement, you should keep at it and make your meditation practice a regular thing. Start with shorter times, like five or ten minutes, and as that becomes comfortable to you, increase it.

What time of day do you practice at? Have you tried other times? Perhaps a particular time of day would be best for you.

Pay attention to your environment too, sometimes distracting surroundings (especially people talking or other noise that calls to your attention) can hold you back from good meditation. You mentioned having a song stuck in your head...you could try playing instrumental music (something soothing that doesn't captivate your mind) or nature sounds (like ocean waves).

Your mind will most likely wander more at first..don't get frustrated by that, just take a deep, slow breath and refocus your mind. If you are using an image, bring your mind back to the image. The more you do it, the more your mind will stay focused.  

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

-Vampire_of_Nyx-

Toxic Nymph

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:38 pm
kyndryana3
How long have you been practicing? Meditation is definitely something that gets easier the more you practice it. Even if you aren't aware of any improvement, you should keep at it and make your meditation practice a regular thing. Start with shorter times, like five or ten minutes, and as that becomes comfortable to you, increase it.

What time of day do you practice at? Have you tried other times? Perhaps a particular time of day would be best for you.

Pay attention to your environment too, sometimes distracting surroundings (especially people talking or other noise that calls to your attention) can hold you back from good meditation. You mentioned having a song stuck in your head...you could try playing instrumental music (something soothing that doesn't captivate your mind) or nature sounds (like ocean waves).

Your mind will most likely wander more at first..don't get frustrated by that, just take a deep, slow breath and refocus your mind. If you are using an image, bring your mind back to the image. The more you do it, the more your mind will stay focused.

since sometime last year, its usually at night when its quiet so there are no distracting sonds

well the song varys cuz i can switch a song thats stuck in my head to something else but im not able to stop it so i have tryed switching it but like the music is distracting because it just really appeals to me, i try to ignore it or make it go away but it doesnt work.

the last part was helpful, thank you.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:21 pm
-Vampire_of_Nyx-

If all you want to do is focus, why do you need meditation?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

-Vampire_of_Nyx-

Toxic Nymph

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:45 pm
Esiris
-Vampire_of_Nyx-

If all you want to do is focus, why do you need meditation?

well like its for other stuff like idk what to call it. but why are u asking me to explain myself??  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:12 pm
-Vampire_of_Nyx-
but why are u asking me to explain myself??
Because I'm not a mind reader?

Anyway- if all you need to do is focus before ritual, instead of trying to clear your mind, do you think it would help if you just thought deeply on the ritual itself?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Anannsul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:40 pm
Sit in a relaxed position, but keep your back straight and breath naturally. Focus on your breathing... when your mind starts to follow that song.. or other thoughts return it to the breathing...

This should help clear your mind... =

as for astral projections I can't really help you.. considering I go astral when I'm asleep. (which i've been going astral a lot since my new friend spent the night... =/ )

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:33 pm
Anannsul
Sit in a relaxed position, but keep your back straight and breath naturally. Focus on your breathing... when your mind starts to follow that song.. or other thoughts return it to the breathing...

This should help clear your mind... =

as for astral projections I can't really help you.. considering I go astral when I'm asleep. (which i've been going astral a lot since my new friend spent the night... =/ )

Thank you. Ill try this some other time since like theres things going on with my friends that im trying to fix  

-Vampire_of_Nyx-

Toxic Nymph

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games