Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
I healed my best friend! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 am
Can you at all, besides "oh look at the sheer coincidence of her not taking medicine and me doing this and now she's all better!" prove that she didn't just get better over night, not at all due to you?
If I were you, I'd probably believe it too, or at least question the possibility. It's a little too.. strange to be coincidence, from your story at least. But just because you've experienced that, why exactly is it you felt it necessary to share it? Are you expecting a cookie in return? Or some sort of validation that it really was real? We can't say for certain, can't really prove it either way. It's certainly a good thing that she's healthy again, due to you or simply due to her own body repairing itself.
I know that I've been sick as a dog, feeling worse and worse and then POOF I'm all better the next day. My body does random things like that. Is it because someone wished me well, or said they'd pray for me? Is it because my body finally got control over whatever it was and squished it?

Magic can't be proven. It's not being mean, but what exactly were you expecting in making this thread? Noone but you can say whether it really happened or not. And apparently even you can't. I see magic as trial and error, did it really work, I don't know, lemme try again and see if it happens again. Or else I feel like it's just a big set of coincidences that can't be proven either way.
Just look at the bright side: she's better. If you want to take credit, okay. If you don't, that's fine too.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:44 am
Nightmare Apparition
doistu
Wait a second, who's not being nice?

There's a difference between being critical and being horrible. If you post anything, regardless of its nature, you can't expect everyone to see the world the way you do.
Maybe people are trying to help you. Maybe you should take a look at what they have to say before throwing a hissy fit.
Also, where magic is concerned far fewer people can use it effectively than you imagine. And some people feel that certain responsibilities come with the territory.

yeah, but then there is over critical. And of course I look at what they say. Sometimes I don't know why I bother with the people on gaia

Or people are sceptical? Which is part of human nature.
No one is saying you're wrong. We're just questioning you in order to gain more information. I mean how do we know you're not lying through your teeth? We don't.
This is the kind of thing you should expect when posting on the internet. If you don't like it, don't post.  

doistu

Ritual at Dusk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:57 am
doistu
Nightmare Apparition
doistu
Wait a second, who's not being nice?

There's a difference between being critical and being horrible. If you post anything, regardless of its nature, you can't expect everyone to see the world the way you do.
Maybe people are trying to help you. Maybe you should take a look at what they have to say before throwing a hissy fit.
Also, where magic is concerned far fewer people can use it effectively than you imagine. And some people feel that certain responsibilities come with the territory.

yeah, but then there is over critical. And of course I look at what they say. Sometimes I don't know why I bother with the people on gaia

Or people are sceptical? Which is part of human nature.
No one is saying you're wrong. We're just questioning you in order to gain more information. I mean how do we know you're not lying through your teeth? We don't.
This is the kind of thing you should expect when posting on the internet. If you don't like it, don't post.

I guess you have a good point, but I am just fed up with most people overreacting to everything. Like if you make a tiny spelling error or a misuse of words, they jump your case. Sorry  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:29 pm
I understand your frustration. I have a feeling that many people were where you are now at some point.

But if you think about it, correct spelling/grammar, plausible sources and well intentioned writing make you appear thoughtful, considerate and smart. People are more likely to not only attend to what you say but respect it if you present yourself well.

You wouldn't go to a job interview in sweatpants and a vest top would you? It's about making an impression because what you say is all people on the internet have to go on.  

doistu

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games