Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
school and parents calling u a devil worshiper?-_-;; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:11 am
Xx_Serena-Hime_xX
alot of the kids at school will walk up and be like. ''are you jewish?'' as if the pentacle is even close to the star of david.
and then they'll ask if i'm a satanist,and im like. ''no',i'm pagan.'' then i have to end up explaining what neo-paganism actually is. its annoying,but you get usee to it.

Oh man, that's so annoying! My friends asked me a few times and we were all friends with a Jew! And she would just stand there and be like "Um...." and I had to explain. Come on people!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:30 am
I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your parents and friends.

I learned the tough way telling people your religion can cause people to turn their backs to you. All I can say that if they refuse to at least accept that you believe something different from them, then they aren't your real friends.

I was told once or twice before that I was going to hell. My normal response is 'so are you'.

You can't do much about the parents, just don't practice in the house.

Mine still don't know what I believe in and I'm keeping it that way.  

Madame_Craft

Aged Browser

7,675 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Ritual at Dusk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:04 pm
I know what you are saying. I have been called a devil worshiper, I have had people hold thier crosses out at me when I walked by, make the cross sign with their fingers at me. My parents were telling me that what I was doing was dangerous and people can die from it, but they have no clue what they are talking about because they don't understand. I finally sat them down and explained it briefly and it worked out, but at school, things are still shaky and that will never change. I would just tell your parents straight up that you aren't a devil worshiper. Tell them what it is and why it isn't bad. Good luck!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:04 pm
At school I usually keep my beliefs on the down low, but all of my friends know what i am so I don't really have a problem with it there. school is actually an easier place for me to be then home when i'm talking about faith. My parents are REALLY REALLY REALLY christian they both think that i'm still looking for a religion, and every sunday i'm forced to come up with some random church to go to so they won't suspect any thing. I hate it but i can't tell my parents what i really believe because they would be mad as all hell. my dad has already told me once or twice that just because i "don't have a religon" that i'm going to go to hell. I just really wish i could tell them the truth. Though I can understand the need to be a "broom closset" pagan, it just hurts that i can't tell them. so I may not be able to understand fully what its like to have ppl yelling at you and "throwing bibles" but i can sorta relate.  

queen katz

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:01 am
queen katz
they both think that i'm still looking for a religion, and every sunday i'm forced to come up with some random church to go to so they won't suspect any thing.

Do you actually go to any of these churches?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:15 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
queen katz
they both think that i'm still looking for a religion, and every sunday i'm forced to come up with some random church to go to so they won't suspect any thing.

This is usually about the time that I recommend checking out the UUA. I realize that some of them are better than others, but it's a starting place.  

ncsweet
Crew

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:54 pm
ncsweet
Sanguina Cruenta
queen katz

This is usually about the time that I recommend checking out the UUA. I realize that some of them are better than others, but it's a starting place.

Yea, they're pretty nice. I used to be the assistant nursery person at the UU of Southern Delaware.
Never really sat through a service, I don't do good sitting for extended periods. Though there were a lot of pagans, and openly gay people, and everyone loved each other. They had things like youth group (I was kinda forced to attend) and game nights.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:48 pm
xXx kitsy xXx
ncsweet
Sanguina Cruenta
queen katz

Yea, they're pretty nice. I used to be the assistant nursery person at the UU of Southern Delaware.
Never really sat through a service, I don't do good sitting for extended periods. Though there were a lot of pagans, and openly gay people, and everyone loved each other. They had things like youth group (I was kinda forced to attend) and game nights.
Depending on her area the Episcopals can be pretty liberal (openly gay bishop that's in a relationship even) but distinctly Christian.

They are often joking called "Catholic Lites" - All the liturgy without the guilt XD  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Lady_Suula

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:22 pm
AshMonsterr_rawr
Ok, I can handle my mother throwing effing banana's at me but now it's getting out of hand. I was asked awhlie ago by my partents about my religious beliefs and what they were. {since i dont talk to them about everything in my life} Well i decided to tell them of how i converted.

let's just say my parents started calling me a devil worshiper and mocked me by calling me the wicked witch of the west -_-; allll in spanish too. they also told me they would dis-own me and make me drink holy water if i even speak of witchccraft near or inside the house. -__-;

Also some of the friends i made at my new school wont talk to me anymore and think im going to "hell". One of them said they were going to throw a bible at me. But i just dont pay any mind to them and go on with my life. I didnt wish to fight or anything. but im just tierd of having to be underground with being who i am. is anyone else in the same boat?
let me now surprised lol

that sounds really harsh. thankfully my parents are cool bout my religious beliefs, but my grandma tries to "christian-ize" me every now and then, saying stuff bout christians ans hell and heaven. it gets annoying. and it just so happens that this week in my history class, we are studying witches. I have to sit there and listen to the whole class ask stupid retartded questions about witches and my teacher, who is a total christain(not that i find anything wrong with christians, my whole family is christian but me), answers themin stupid ways. I tried asking today if there was a possibility that some of it was misinterpited, but she nearly bulldozed me with the word no. I think there was a possibility that some of the women and men tried to explain some of it, but it was tooken the wrong way. anywhos, it is very annoying. i've bitten my tongue several times when religion is brought up in that class. some how its always a debate between paganism and christians.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:55 pm
Priestess White Wolf
AshMonsterr_rawr
Ok, I can handle my mother throwing effing banana's at me but now it's getting out of hand. I was asked awhlie ago by my partents about my religious beliefs and what they were. {since i dont talk to them about everything in my life} Well i decided to tell them of how i converted.

let's just say my parents started calling me a devil worshiper and mocked me by calling me the wicked witch of the west -_-; allll in spanish too. they also told me they would dis-own me and make me drink holy water if i even speak of witchccraft near or inside the house. -__-;

Also some of the friends i made at my new school wont talk to me anymore and think im going to "hell". One of them said they were going to throw a bible at me. But i just dont pay any mind to them and go on with my life. I didnt wish to fight or anything. but im just tierd of having to be underground with being who i am. is anyone else in the same boat?
let me now surprised lol

that sounds really harsh. thankfully my parents are cool bout my religious beliefs, but my grandma tries to "christian-ize" me every now and then, saying stuff bout christians ans hell and heaven. it gets annoying. and it just so happens that this week in my history class, we are studying witches. I have to sit there and listen to the whole class ask stupid retartded questions about witches and my teacher, who is a total christain(not that i find anything wrong with christians, my whole family is christian but me), answers themin stupid ways. I tried asking today if there was a possibility that some of it was misinterpited, but she nearly bulldozed me with the word no. I think there was a possibility that some of the women and men tried to explain some of it, but it was tooken the wrong way. anywhos, it is very annoying. i've bitten my tongue several times when religion is brought up in that class. some how its always a debate between paganism and christians.
What type of things are they saying that you believe to be incorrect in your history class if you don't mind me asking?  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

queen katz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:51 am
rmcdra
xXx kitsy xXx
ncsweet
Sanguina Cruenta
queen katz

Depending on her area the Episcopals can be pretty liberal (openly gay bishop that's in a relationship even) but distinctly Christian.

They are often joking called "Catholic Lites" - All the liturgy without the guilt XD

Yes I have to go to these churches, and because I can't drive yet my mom always goes to the churches with me. I would like to go to a UU church and I have tried to get my mom to take me to one but she and my dad refuse to take me anywhere other than a Christian church. So it's not really that I’m "looking for a religion" per say it’s more like I’m pretending to look for a different "denomination" of Christianity.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games