Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
ReCon III Updated 2/5/10 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do we leave Summer Star on Sunday Morning or Monday?
Sunday
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Monday
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:23 pm
Barring disaster and the vicissitudes of chance, I shall be there. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:16 pm
Sweet!
So, SummerStar runs from a Thursday to a Sunday.

Best bet is to make it a week long event and have folks plan to go Tuesday to Tuesday.

Can folks try and get a rough idea based on current prices as to how much travel might cost and how much help they will need? I'm serious about trying to get folks out here and I need a goal to work towards.  

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:31 pm
I threw in dates in september, a one week trip, and for one person Airtran Bloomington-Seatac round trip is over 500.

Southwest Midway to Seatac time frame ranges 300-500 roundtrip. Southwest does get good deals. Last time we went out, we only spent 400 for both of us.

edit: although, apparently right now I can book for June on Alaskan Airlines for just a bit over 400 round trip.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:29 pm
maenad nuri
I threw in dates in september, a one week trip, and for one person Airtran Bloomington-Seatac round trip is over 500.

Southwest Midway to Seatac time frame ranges 300-500 roundtrip. Southwest does get good deals. Last time we went out, we only spent 400 for both of us.

edit: although, apparently right now I can book for June on Alaskan Airlines for just a bit over 400 round trip.
Sounds good.

Ballpark, how much help do you think you two would need?  

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:45 pm
TeaDidikai
maenad nuri

Sounds good.

Ballpark, how much help do you think you two would need?

Won't know until we have the dates, how much of our debt we have paid off and if davit is working in the summer, and how much medical stuff he will need then.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:47 pm
maenad nuri

Won't know until we have the dates, how much of our debt we have paid off and if davit is working in the summer, and how much medical stuff he will need then.
Fair enough.  

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:54 pm
TeaDidikai
maenad nuri

Fair enough.

Life is complicated. The Dates will also let me know if I can go --- vacation time resets in the summer.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:56 pm
maenad nuri
TeaDidikai
maenad nuri

Fair enough.

Life is complicated. The Dates will also let me know if I can go --- vacation time resets in the summer.
Usually it is in July.  

TeaDidikai

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:23 pm
Once I'm done with Basic and A school, I'll have a better idea of where I will be.

If it's possible for me, may I join?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:19 pm
saint dreya
Once I'm done with Basic and A school, I'll have a better idea of where I will be.

Hell yeah!

Going to need help?  

TeaDidikai

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:21 am
TeaDidikai
saint dreya

Hell yeah!

Going to need help?

No, thank you. I should be able to afford. It's more a matter of knowing where I will be, deployed or not, still in school or not, and how much leave I've built up.

Otherwise, regardless if I'm able to go or not, I'm willing to contribute to help others make it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:36 am
saint dreya
TeaDidikai
saint dreya

Hell yeah!

Going to need help?

No, thank you. I should be able to afford. It's more a matter of knowing where I will be, deployed or not, still in school or not, and how much leave I've built up.

Otherwise, regardless if I'm able to go or not, I'm willing to contribute to help others make it.
That's pretty darn cool.

I hope you can come.

It does raise another question:
How many folks have their own tents that are easy to transport?

I ask because one thing I can budget for are small pop-tents that are pretty good.  

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:56 am
TeaDidikai
That's pretty darn cool.

I hope you can come.

I ask because one thing I can budget for are small pop-tents that are pretty good.

I have a tent ....but it's a two room, 6-8 person tour de force that might not make it through a airline check.

And it's missing it's awning. Having our own patio was neat at events.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:57 pm
maenad nuri
TeaDidikai
That's pretty darn cool.

I hope you can come.

I have a tent ....but it's a two room, 6-8 person tour de force that might not make it through a airline check.

And it's missing it's awning. Having our own patio was neat at events.
If you and yours show up, would you like a smaller tent for the two of you?

I bring my version of that tent to SummerStar every year- and it's good for storing "overflow" goods that I don't want to leave out over night.  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:34 pm
//wanders in from the wilderness of overwhelm//

I think it's been, what, months since I came in the guild? sweatdrop

I wanted to go to ReReCon and didn't make it...I don't remember exactly why but I think it was a scheduling conflict.

Tea, how much does registration for Summerstar tend to run? The website is understandably still displaying 2009 information but they took down the price listing when registration closed apparently. My girlfriend's sister's wedding is in August 2010 in Germany, so most of the money-saving over the coming year will be going towards that.

I do have a tent that should be fairly easy to bring. Since my girlfriend would probably not come with me were I to manage the trip, I would have room to share with another person (it technically sleeps three, but only with nothing else in the tent, so I prefer to do two people and gear).

If I bought way early, it looks like I could get tickets between BWI and SEA on Delta, Southwest, or Airtran for somewhere between $230 and $300 roundtrip.

So, theoretically possible but I would have to crunch some more numbers. I'm also graduating in May (fingers crossed) so my summer landscape could change drastically between now and then.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff