Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Foreign Languages Guild
For English Native Speakings. What language to learn? *NEW* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Czarevich

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:26 pm
Thus far, the easiest language I've studied has been Norwegian. Of course, I've studied German for over a year now along with several other languages, so it might just be that that has made Norwegian extremely easy for me to learn, but I've also tried Esperanto and find Norwegian far easier.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:27 pm
Czarevich
Thus far, the easiest language I've studied has been Norwegian. Of course, I've studied German for over a year now along with several other languages, so it might just be that that has made Norwegian extremely easy for me to learn, but I've also tried Esperanto and find Norwegian far easier.

Having studied Danish, Swedish and Norwegian. I have to say Norwegian is very is easy to learn how to speak (well, Bokmål is anyway). The only problems one might have is the "trilled R" (or "Uvular R in some regions, think German R), and the combination of "Ø+Y" diphthong.

419scambaiterKoko

Lover_2_The_Fire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:02 pm
Out of the languages that I am studying, I would have to say that Swedish, Dutch, and German are the easiest ones to me, but i've never tryed to learn Norwegian before. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:02 pm
I live is Wisconsin and the second language here is Spanish so that's something I would pick up just to at least understand if they ask me a question. But also we have quiet a bit of Asian's, but I'm unsure of the language they're speaking.  

Shady Person

Newbie Noob

9,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Overstocked 200

snubsnub

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:48 pm
I think the romance languages are the easiest to learn for a Native English speaker, such as I. But then again , you have to have motivation and interest in it. It's like.. you'll learn Korean faster than you would French, even if you're a native English speaker, even though Korean is nothing alike to English.

The Foreign Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff