And a poll question.
  And a poll option.
View Results

OneWithDunamis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:47 pm
sic742617000027
There is a campaign going around that says:

"God probably doesn't exist. Stop worrying so much and enjoy life."

Now, by all means I'm NOT going against your beliefs. My point is that you should do a little more for yourself instead of working so much for Him. Remember that God loves us all equally, and as long as you repent for what you did, He will forgive you.

Lemme put it this way. Whenever you're having a rough day when you just feel the need to rub-a-dub-dub, talk to God before you do it. He'll understand and give you permission (even though it may go against what He has stated, but I don't really see it that way). After you do it, repent if you want to, and He will understand and forgive you.

If a Christian believes that God can go against what He has stated, then he is not a Christian at all. It is fundamental to believe that God will not go back on His word, otherwise where's the security that one is saved when Christ is accepted as personal saviour?

Saying you're sorry before sinning and saying it after doesn't make it all okay. It's the wrong attitude. If you take God's words lightly and just apologize ritualistically when you feel like sinning, are you really a Christian?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:11 am
OneWithDunamis
Zahwomen
Azarahael Morganti
Zahwomen
Azarahael Morganti

I think that to be a good vehicle for God to use for His true and good purposes, I should set a good example.
And, to set a good example, I feel masturbation should be out of the equation.

Anyway. For those that care, 3 almost 4 days clean. It's a struggle. It is such a struggle. Please continue to pray for me.
<3

Just Listen.

It's only going to get worse.
Listen lady, have you tried talking to a preacher or minister or whatever a holy man is called in your particular sect?
Any holy man who tells you that God will be angry with you for satiating the hormonal drive that HE Himself put there is an a*****e.

Mankind put the inappropriate urge there when Eve and Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden.

Just Listen.

Didn't Jesus die to absolve humanity of that sin?

Jesus died to save His people from all sins. Doesn't it make it okay to sin while we're still alive.

What if people have the urge to rape? It could be hormonal as well. Are you gonna say it's ok?

And it is written that if you even think of a woman lustfully you are committing adultery. It's the state of mind that's the main issue. The act of ejaculating per se is not wrong, in the same way nocturnal emissions are not morally wrong. I have yet to meet someone who can masturbate with pure thoughts, so it is right to not do it at all.

You're an idiot, and this became obvious when you implied that rape is a hormonal response.
And it's also written that if you wear clothing of two thread you are committing a sin.

When these things were written they wasn't the grasp of THE COMPLETELY BASED IN FACT AND BIOLOGICALLY AND CHEMICALLY PROVEN THING CALLED PUBERTY. You know, when you hormones go insane?

You know, when "impure thoughts" sneak into your head because of the drastic hormonal flux, usually associated with a flood of testosterone (which is not only linked directly to sex drive, but is also a chemical in the female genetic makeup)?

It's all a perfectly natural, God made process.
Of course though, I guess God wants you to feel guilty for having involuntary thoughts during a process that he created and put you through.
Makes perfect sense.

You amoral dipshit.  

Xahmen

Nebulance

Tipsy Reveler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 pm
Zahwomen
OneWithDunamis
Zahwomen
Azarahael Morganti
Zahwomen
Azarahael Morganti

I think that to be a good vehicle for God to use for His true and good purposes, I should set a good example.
And, to set a good example, I feel masturbation should be out of the equation.

Anyway. For those that care, 3 almost 4 days clean. It's a struggle. It is such a struggle. Please continue to pray for me.
<3

Just Listen.

It's only going to get worse.
Listen lady, have you tried talking to a preacher or minister or whatever a holy man is called in your particular sect?
Any holy man who tells you that God will be angry with you for satiating the hormonal drive that HE Himself put there is an a*****e.

Mankind put the inappropriate urge there when Eve and Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden.

Just Listen.

Didn't Jesus die to absolve humanity of that sin?

Jesus died to save His people from all sins. Doesn't it make it okay to sin while we're still alive.

What if people have the urge to rape? It could be hormonal as well. Are you gonna say it's ok?

And it is written that if you even think of a woman lustfully you are committing adultery. It's the state of mind that's the main issue. The act of ejaculating per se is not wrong, in the same way nocturnal emissions are not morally wrong. I have yet to meet someone who can masturbate with pure thoughts, so it is right to not do it at all.

You're an idiot, and this became obvious when you implied that rape is a hormonal response.
And it's also written that if you wear clothing of two thread you are committing a sin.

When these things were written they wasn't the grasp of THE COMPLETELY BASED IN FACT AND BIOLOGICALLY AND CHEMICALLY PROVEN THING CALLED PUBERTY. You know, when you hormones go insane?

You know, when "impure thoughts" sneak into your head because of the drastic hormonal flux, usually associated with a flood of testosterone (which is not only linked directly to sex drive, but is also a chemical in the female genetic makeup)?

It's all a perfectly natural, God made process.
Of course though, I guess God wants you to feel guilty for having involuntary thoughts during a process that he created and put you through.
Makes perfect sense.

You amoral dipshit.

Zahwomen, you don't need to take this personally or make personal attacks on others because they have a more sensitive conscience than most people. Please don't be so hostile.

Very few people consider the first impure thoughts that enter your mind to be sinful. It is how you react to those thoughts that is important. Jesus said not to lust and also that thinking something can be sinful even without doing it. Thus, continuing in impure thoughts is sinful.

Masturbation (especially when it becomes an addiction, which can happen to many people, especially in puberty) also heightens your sex drive (I speak from my own experience), causing it to expect more and causing many more impure thoughts to enter your mind, thoughts that you are now accustomed to taking and running with. [My, that was a long sentence.] It also focuses you on sexual experience as something which exists to please yourself, rather than an expression of love and unity between intimate partners.

It is about what masturbation does to your mind, not what it involves with your body.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:02 pm
I'm not a monk, I don't give a rat's a** what goes through my mind.
We aren't in control of our thoughts (unless you have actual training in that field), and if to think is a sin then the system is more broken than I thought.  

Xahmen

Prayer Requests

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces