Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Training wheels... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zero Hiru
Captain

Unforgiving Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:52 pm
I collected pokemon but didn't play. yugioh was the first battle TCG i ever played. i then learned Duel Master then Magic, and the most recent one i've learned is WoW. My main magic deck is a Treefolk deck and i've made a blue/black/red deck for the Shards of Allra block.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:21 am
in the current yugioh game as a whole, you cannot win unless you use a preset, copied deck.
any braindead monkey who talks with a glad. beast duelist can build and run a glad. beast deck- it's a simple algorithem.
if you come completely from left feild, you may not win... but at least you played, not someone else whose deck you copied off of.
that's why the disdain for any 'normal' deck that you see a dozen of in any given group (all that's different is a preference for one basic card that can go in any deck over another ie: threatning roar over cylinder)
such is the lowest form of duelling.  

Emet_Paladin of Truth

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:41 am
That's a lie, you can win with your own builds. It might sound strange coming from someone playing TeleZombie but I started playing Zombies before they became Meta again, before the Plaguespreaders. And the DAD, well I went mad and spent £90 to get one... I've never spend more than £15 on a card before and even that was rare.

The fact is we have few top cards that will get you to a good position and the people who play these cards, wether they copied or not, will be more likely to win. Right now they are still working on making all decks more level and they don't want to do this by the ban list as it's bad for sales. If they Banned DAD, JD would be to strong, if they banned JD, GB would be too strong, and so on.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:48 am
Jevan R. H. Divinitive
That's a lie, you can win with your own builds. It might sound strange coming from someone playing TeleZombie but I started playing Zombies before they became Meta again, before the Plaguespreaders. And the DAD, well I went mad and spent £90 to get one... I've never spend more than £15 on a card before and even that was rare.

The fact is we have few top cards that will get you to a good position and the people who play these cards, wether they copied or not, will be more likely to win. Right now they are still working on making all decks more level and they don't want to do this by the ban list as it's bad for sales. If they Banned DAD, JD would be to strong, if they banned JD, GB would be too strong, and so on.

your arguement is confused...
did you mean to use counter-example, by saying that you won regularly with your pre-DAD/plauge zombies?
In that case, I have to argue relevence. i am talking about the current metagame, not the past.
I do agree that 'they' (as you put it) are trying to make all decks more or less equal. I do not believe that banning is the answer, and so far history has proven me right. as you said:
"If they Banned DAD, JD would be to strong, if they banned JD, GB would be too strong, and so on."
there has to be another answer.  

Emet_Paladin of Truth

Synaku_Blade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:46 am
I run a build of my own that has no meta cards in it whatsoever and I made Top 4 in locals out of 20 people who ran Glad. Beasts, Zombies (with Plaguespreader's, DAD's, and the like), TeleDAD, Monarchs, etc. None of the decks listed prior to this sentence made it to the Top 4.

The person who actually won that day ran a simple Warrior build.

It all depends on your play style, too. Somebody could copy a deck, and just play it horribly. But I do agree with Jevan, you can win with your own builds.

To be honest, I prob. spent around 60-70 bucks on my build total.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:56 pm
emet01
there has to be another answer.

Make a card that kills them XD  

Mr_dragon

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
Domino City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items