Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
5 ways to virtually eliminate theft from your Yu-Gi-Oh! life Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you find this thread helpful / informative?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

Captain Kuchi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:07 pm
You could do like the guys at the place I go to do. stare
Judge a person by their looks, than lie and say you don't play what they're looking for. (When you know they do.) Oh but when they find out they have something they want, suddenly it's "hey wanna trade."

The other method they go by, is never trading with blacks or people who don't look like soap fearing otakus. I've had people breath on me, saying "I'm watching you" as I look through their cards. -_-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:46 pm
Well i always keep my stuff always on me. But those are great tips, Mydia. Every group has bad people who steal, and with cards like "Plaguespreader", JD, and Dad, the temptation to steal is almost unbearable. Most people are decent, but there are always those jackasses that ruin it for everyone else..and so far i havent had anything stolen from me, YGO-wise.  

Zerius Wolfhart

Futa Waifu

Eager Receiver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:31 am
Severed Restriction
Oh no! It's a curse! Mydia's a witch!

Actually, I am ;D  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:26 pm
Great tips!
I'll keep those in mind!  

lunaontherun

Dr Iceic

Angelic Wolf

4,200 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:00 pm
x Mydia x
I don't particularly understand how the term came to be either, but as long as people know what I mean, that's what's important 3nodding

I too am ridiculously paranoid, believe me I know how that feels. I check my everything quite often when I'm out anywhere, not just at yugihoes D:

It really sucks, but I just can't help it. You can't trust anybody these days =__=;;

Hence why I made this thread. These rules of thumb, while they don't rid me of my paranoia, do help me to somewhat cope with it, and feel more in control of situations.

That's what I'm hoping others like me will get out of it, and to make the less aware people more aware of what they can do to protect themselves and their collections. Also, to teach people not to be naive - anybody can be a potential victim if you're not careful.

I was looking through one of my decks (my blue eyes deck) and a while back my friend had bought me the shonen jump blue eyes (the art where he's infront of the earth). While looking through the deck, I didnt see that card. I actually started to cry a bit. Though the card is not as powerful as it once was... it was something that means something to me. I thought it had been stolen when i went to a local near my house. there have been a few stolen cards there and i just thought my blue eyes was gone for good.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:54 pm
Dr Iceic
x Mydia x
I don't particularly understand how the term came to be either, but as long as people know what I mean, that's what's important 3nodding

I too am ridiculously paranoid, believe me I know how that feels. I check my everything quite often when I'm out anywhere, not just at yugihoes D:

It really sucks, but I just can't help it. You can't trust anybody these days =__=;;

Hence why I made this thread. These rules of thumb, while they don't rid me of my paranoia, do help me to somewhat cope with it, and feel more in control of situations.

That's what I'm hoping others like me will get out of it, and to make the less aware people more aware of what they can do to protect themselves and their collections. Also, to teach people not to be naive - anybody can be a potential victim if you're not careful.

I was looking through one of my decks (my blue eyes deck) and a while back my friend had bought me the shonen jump blue eyes (the art where he's infront of the earth). While looking through the deck, I didnt see that card. I actually started to cry a bit. Though the card is not as powerful as it once was... it was something that means something to me. I thought it had been stolen when i went to a local near my house. there have been a few stolen cards there and i just thought my blue eyes was gone for good.

Wait, you actually PLAY with your SHONEN JUMP Blue-Eyes?!? The one from the S.J. Mag.?!? I keep all 8 of my S.J. Anniverary Cards protected in frames on display on the "Otaku shelves" in my room.
Still, I see what you mean. Every one of my Blue-Eyes' are special to me and I would hate it if anything happened to any of them.  

lunaontherun

Dr Iceic

Angelic Wolf

4,200 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:13 pm
lunaontherun
Wait, you actually PLAY with your SHONEN JUMP Blue-Eyes?!? The one from the S.J. Mag.?!? I keep all 8 of my S.J. Anniverary Cards protected in frames on display on the "Otaku shelves" in my room.
Still, I see what you mean. Every one of my Blue-Eyes' are special to me and I would hate it if anything happened to any of them.

XD
Yes Yes, that exact one. But i keep it in great condition. I have sleeves for it, 3 layers to be exact XD.

But that kinda reminds me of a story about sleeves. My friend was facing someone. the guy stood up and grabbed one of my friend's favorite card and held it as if he was about to crumple it up. he said that why should we ever bother putting our cards in sleeves, its not like they cant be damaged. I grabbed the kid by his collar and told him if he valued the shape of his nose he should put the card down.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:22 pm
Dr Iceic
lunaontherun

XD
Yes Yes, that exact one. But i keep it in great condition. I have sleeves for it, 3 layers to be exact XD.

But that kinda reminds me of a story about sleeves. My friend was facing someone. the guy stood up and grabbed one of my friend's favorite card and held it as if he was about to crumple it up. he said that why should we ever bother putting our cards in sleeves, its not like they cant be damaged. I grabbed the kid by his collar and told him if he valued the shape of his nose he should put the card down.

Lol, b***h got owned. XD
Good job!  

lunaontherun

Aya_Aki_kun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:42 pm
This is what I do. Bring 1 at most 2 playmats. Bring only you're deck box with deck in it *keep it with your hand in your pocket at alllllll times* and bring large amounts of cash. If you don't have large amounts of cash and need trades then bring a small small pocket size binder and do the same thing in your other pocket.  
Domino City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff