Noooo
View Results

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:23 pm
Um. My parents were Christians, but they never did anything Church related, so I wouldn't necessarily say I was raised Christian. We went to Church on Christmas and Easter. And then I was converted one day after church, I believed, truly. I was, before, a self proclaimed Atheistic-Buddhist, I guess you could say. But I am very glad God called me :]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:59 pm
With me, it sort of mixed up. First, I was being raised Christian and went to church. Then, I started going to a Catholic church and CCD classes because my dad's a Catholic. Now, I'm going to a different Christian church, and it's really fun. So I was raised Christian, but with both Catholic and Christian beliefs.

Lunastar324

Friendly Citizen

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SUPERSQUIRRELX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:15 am
Dark Angel Rai
SUPERSQUIRRELX
We Dont Negotiate
SUPERSQUIRRELX
Dark Angel Rai
A lot of the pagan infighting mainly goes on because you have the Wiccans claiming the Wicca is one of the oldest pagan religion when really it's a newbiew religion at just 50 years of age.

Ah, well it's kind of both. I mean it was around for centuries being just known as "Paganism" or "Animism"... but then (if I remember right) some English guy showed up and started calling it Wicca.
The idea was around for many millenia, but the name/organization started 50 years ago.

That's wrong really, its like Calling a Sports Car a Horse...because we had Horses before we had Sports Cars. Wicca likes to claim big mighty routes to old religions , when in reality Gardner just made it all up, while borrowing heavily from Hinduism, Satanism and a lot of very unreliable sources.

Hmm, well I can't say I know the details of it as a religion. I thought that Wicca practitioners just sort of came up with thier own beliefs and opinions about worshipping nature?
Haha, I'm kinda confused.

That's eclectics I believe. Wiccans are taught to love everything in nature and preserve it. And not to harm anyone. "And if it harm none, Do what you will"

Oh, so it's atheism that believes in nature spirits... kindof?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:17 am
Lunastar324
With me, it sort of mixed up. First, I was being raised Christian and went to church. Then, I started going to a Catholic church and CCD classes because my dad's a Catholic. Now, I'm going to a different Christian church, and it's really fun. So I was raised Christian, but with both Catholic and Christian beliefs.
Well Catholics are Christian too wink . They believe Jesus died for thier sins, same as Baptists or Lutherans or whoever.

@ Mazuac: Nice, I'm glad too biggrin . Maybe there are more converts out there than I thought.  

SUPERSQUIRRELX

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:21 pm
SUPERSQUIRRELX
Dark Angel Rai
SUPERSQUIRRELX
We Dont Negotiate
SUPERSQUIRRELX
Dark Angel Rai
A lot of the pagan infighting mainly goes on because you have the Wiccans claiming the Wicca is one of the oldest pagan religion when really it's a newbiew religion at just 50 years of age.

Ah, well it's kind of both. I mean it was around for centuries being just known as "Paganism" or "Animism"... but then (if I remember right) some English guy showed up and started calling it Wicca.
The idea was around for many millenia, but the name/organization started 50 years ago.

That's wrong really, its like Calling a Sports Car a Horse...because we had Horses before we had Sports Cars. Wicca likes to claim big mighty routes to old religions , when in reality Gardner just made it all up, while borrowing heavily from Hinduism, Satanism and a lot of very unreliable sources.

Hmm, well I can't say I know the details of it as a religion. I thought that Wicca practitioners just sort of came up with thier own beliefs and opinions about worshipping nature?

That's eclectics I believe. Wiccans are taught to love everything in nature and preserve it. And not to harm anyone. "And if it harm none, Do what you will"

Eclectics believe in a deity but don't have a specific path. Like Wicca for example is a specific path.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:46 pm
SUPERSQUIRRELX
Dark Angel Rai
SUPERSQUIRRELX
We Dont Negotiate
SUPERSQUIRRELX
Dark Angel Rai

No. Not at all. Atheism is the lack of belief in any deity or higher power or anything. Its an absence of belief. Wicca and other neo pagan religions have a belief in one or many higher powers. Its far from atheism.  

Ricette

SUPERSQUIRRELX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:10 pm
Ricette
SUPERSQUIRRELX
Dark Angel Rai
SUPERSQUIRRELX
We Dont Negotiate

No. Not at all. Atheism is the lack of belief in any deity or higher power or anything. Its an absence of belief. Wicca and other neo pagan religions have a belief in one or many higher powers. Its far from atheism.

Well that's good :3.
My friend says she's a Wiccan and an Atheist at the same time... it had me confused too o_o.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:50 am
im a christain mrgreen turned atheist crying turned agnostic stare turned christian mrgreen  

Austin Shipp

SUPERSQUIRRELX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:57 pm
Austin Shipp
im a christain mrgreen turned atheist crying turned agnostic stare turned christian mrgreen

Nice! So what brought ya back?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:24 pm
I went on that whole atheism/agnostic/Christian route.

I'm glad to be here... now that I have come to understand Christianity better, and have been a part of it for a while, I really love the bases of the religion: God, Jesus, and the theology even.

It's great how you can dive deep into the beliefs and pick it apart, and then the next morning you understand that it's really simple... God is chasing us down.  

ShideKnight

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:29 pm
I was an Athiest before 2001. Then I was born again by the Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:29 am
SUPERSQUIRRELX
Lunastar324
Well Catholics are Christian too wink . They believe Jesus died for thier sins, same as Baptists or Lutherans or whoever.

@ Mazuac: Nice, I'm glad too biggrin . Maybe there are more converts out there than I thought.
Yeah! :] If you want my personal testimony, I can give it~ But it's long and is already in a guild so I would just give you the link to it XD And to make things short, I was "Christian", then Atheist, Buddhist, and then Christian! :] I've been happy ever since! :] (Super short version of my testimony~)

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Shade737

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:51 pm

I was raised as a christian and I then started to question why I was a christian and went through a agnostic/atheist stage and then I looked at my life experiences and decided to chose Christianity on my own.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:37 pm
I was born and raised Catholic and I am still Catholic. At one time I studied Judaism for a school report, but as inturging as it is, I decided being Catholic was right for me.
Thank you!  

Rosary16

Zeelora

1,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Informer 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:06 pm
I converted to Christianity!
My mom is a Jehovah's witness and it was really hard!
She had threatened to make me stop going to church! Me and my mom didn't have a relationship for well ... 8 months when I started going to church!
It wasn't until here recently that we are gaining our relationship back!
She still doesn't agree with or support me as a christian, but as a Christian I have all the support I need!  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff