Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marching Band no Jutsu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:09 pm
i'm a baritone.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:04 am
Apparently I'm an alto and I tend to blend in well with the tenors. My voice is lower than the other altos I sing with but I still manage to blend in well.

Edit:
The musical director has decided to put me with the other sopranos now because he found out I can reach the high notes quite well too.  

Shorty-Nymph

ber-the-conqueror

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:03 am
Hardcore alto. I can't get past an F-sharp, so I'm stuck on the edge of the risers. rofl

In the alto subsection, I usually go to alto 1, but sing just fine in alto 2. We've never split past that, so I'm looking forward to seeing that happen in the future.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:41 am
I was placed as a 1st soprano in my choir but I have been singing alto all my life. My range spans from a low G to a high Ab. I don't enjoy soprano as much because I'm not as strong in it..yet biggrin I am learning O Mio Babbino Caro with all the dramatics in it and then I SOOOO! want to learn Time To Say Goodbye!  

Blessed Conduit of Christ

Sakura Latte

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:17 pm
I'm a 1st soprano in choir, and have been since junior year in high school. I was an alto during freshman year till the second semester of sophomore year. My choir teacher then moved me from alto to second soprano because he noticed that my range had expanded into the soprano range during Beginning Voice class.

I still don't know what kind of soprano I am, though. I haven't really tested out my octaves in a while, but on a good day when my voice isn't sore and full of yucky phlegm, I can go up to an F6.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:36 pm
I have no idea what voice type I am. Last year I sang with the tenors because I have trouble with some of the notes that altos get, and this year, my teacher is trying to get me to stretch a bit by putting me as first alto (I`m dying)
I don`t think my voice is very good for our chamber choir, but it`s the only singing group we have in the school.

EDIT: I know I`m a contra-alto, I`m just not sure if I`m simply a low contra-alto, or is I`m a dramatic contra-alto. I haven`t been singing very long, and I`m at an age where this could definately change as my voice matures.  

SaxySoul

Sionja

Gracious Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:01 pm
We haven't decided what I am yet. We're pretty sure I'll end up some kind of soprano, since my upper range is stronger than my lower, but I also have a ridiculously large range (I can't remember how it's numbered at the moment, but my extremes are from Ab a major 11th below middle C and the A# above high C - on a regular day, I can hit the C an octave below middle C and high C relatively successfully). Timbre-wise, I'm a little too young to definitively say, but I'm more of a full lyric right now, maybe a dramatic soprano as I get older.

(We've joked about me being a Wagnerian soprano because I'm so extremely loud, but I am not that special breed - I'm okay with that, haha. Or the joking is getting more serious and my voice teacher "hasn't ruled it out yet." : | I don't wanna.)

I really believe that getting hung up on voice classification is a hindrance sometimes - I mean, it's good to know what range you're most comfortable in, but until your voice evens out, you shouldn't make a decision one way or the other. I know I spent way too much time learning about Faecher when I was first starting out; I got it in my head that I absolutely had to be a dramatic coloratura, but haha, that doesn't look like it's going to happen, and I had to learn to be okay with that. (All last school year, we thought I might be a mezzo but then we decided that I wasn't, I guess. I don't even know, haha.)

/tl;dr  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:49 pm
I'm not really old enough or developed enough to be classified quite yet, but I know that I want to be a mezzo-soprano because I want to do breeches roles. My dream role is Cherubino just because Voi Che Sapete has absolutely captivated me for years.  

Calamity Rose

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100

Jaiyi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:44 pm
wolfbane_eyes
Honestly, I have no idea what I am. I can sing second soprano and alto as long as it doesn't go to low. I would say my tone is a bit darker, but in choir it always blends very beautifully, hence me singing the melodic line. How do I know what I am? whee

xD same here. I normally sing second soprano, because I'm not too high or too low. But I was just placed as soprano in the chamber choir at my school o_o
why don't you ask a music, or even better, a vocal teacher? they could probably tell.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:12 am
Well, I'm not exactly a singer... but when I do sing, I tend to sing higher than my friend in choir, and she's an alto 2.... granted, I can sing in her range (if i try hard enough) but in church, I'm like an octave higher than her or something.... :/ so I do not know...  

13Mizu-Chan13

Euphonious Cantabile

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:51 pm
I sing 1st soprano in choir, but as for type of soprano, I really don't know. All I know is that the lowest note I can comfortably sing is an A3 and the highest note I can sing is an F6 (though I haven't sang any pieces with that note since my senior year of high school). My voice gets really light on the high notes, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:12 pm
Yay choruse kids, I have no Idea how oyu guys find out these things caus i'm an instramentalist but i'm spreding my thanks to you singers so thakn you for singing  

Gakushi123

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:33 pm
I sing in the key of G Demolished. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:43 am
Kanashii Sakura Uta
I'm a 1st soprano in choir, and have been since junior year in high school. I was an alto during freshman year till the second semester of sophomore year. My choir teacher then moved me from alto to second soprano because he noticed that my range had expanded into the soprano range during Beginning Voice class.

I still don't know what kind of soprano I am, though. I haven't really tested out my octaves in a while, but on a good day when my voice isn't sore and full of yucky phlegm, I can go up to an F6.

That's pretty good! You may be a dramatic coloratura smile (which have a darker tone quality and can sing about that high)

I personally am considered a lyric coloratura, although I can go up to F7. I heard of some odd term called sfogato coloratura but apparently no one really uses it anymore :S

ps: if you wonder, yes, it is hard for me to sing a middle C in my classical resonance crying  

N1GHT QU33N

Instruments and Vocals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces