Reply Instruments and Vocals
Violinists! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shisuzen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:55 am
is it just me or most of the people here play the violin?
anyway i've only started playing this july ( i'm such a newby sweatdrop )
hehehe thats all i have to say  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:10 pm
goooo violin!....but i'm more a piano person xD sorry '
....i've played violin for 3 years......

piano for almost 11 years .................i'm 13 years old....  

Aria di Bellezza

Hoot-Nanny279

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:38 am
I started playing the violin when I was about ten years old although since my teacher left me for college, I was forced to put it down for a while. redface

But I recently picked it up again and am quite happy to have done so! I've had the same violin for the past seven years and his name is Wolfy. Needless to say, the bow is named Amadeus. whee If I ever get another violin, I'm determined to name it Cornelius.

I honestly don't think I'm advanced enough to play anything remotely related to actual music; I tend to stick to those cellphone ring tones. sweatdrop Although I do love to listen to Jascha Heifetz perform and all but worship him at the moment. My favorite composer for now is probably Paganini.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:15 pm
Well i've been playing violin for 2 years now, and gotten alot done within those 2 years ^^ at school we have club day we get to be chosen into clubs by our teachers and apparently i got the Music appreciation club!!! (wat a councidence ) XP but although im only in intermidiate violin so im not an expert at it, and i need a different violin cause mine isn't a full and my arm is long! wat are the consequences if you dont have the right violin for the length of your arm? well it ruin the position of your fingering?  

-InfiniteSouls-

Yuki no Ryu

Chatty Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:22 pm
up for my 4th year in the school orchestra! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:25 pm
I've never played the violin. But I would like to someday. I've always swore that I would sell my soul to play the violin. I think that playing the violin requires discipline and skill. I admire all people who can play it!!  

Girlie320

Aisai24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:04 pm
I just started playing the violin about 2 weeks ago, but I still have to get used to the bowing because it's the very first string instrument that I ever tried...so, ya...any tips?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:20 am
..I didn't care for the red violin..but I have the DVD nonetheless [LOL]
And I actually don't have a name for my instrument, its too special in my eyes for any plain name I can give it. My instrument's actually a bit unique in that instead of a standard curled scroll, I have a lion head. My tutor through grade school told me he'd only seen one other violin with a differently carved scroll, and that was also a lion's head, but with ruby eyes. My mother bought the instrument from Germany when she was younger [about middle schoolish] and it's probably going to be passed down whenever I have children..I'm extremely fond of it, though I don't have the time to play it much anymore..

So I've been playing the violin for about ten years now, I started my first year of middle school. If anyone knows the Russian/Lithuanian violinist Jascha Heifetz, I amazingly had this great great great......grandson as an orchestra teacher in the 6th grade. He seemed to see potential in me, so I started taking private lessons with him. I took lessons all through high school, and my college regretfully didn't even HAVE an orchestra, so I had to give it up. ..after years and years of private lessons..can you blame me for wanting to duck out? He still calls me occasionally just to see how I'm doing, and I always melt when talk to him. He was strict whenever we had lessons, but he's one of the greatest people I've ever known. THANK GOD I chose orchestra in the 6th grade over band lol
As for my favorite piece..it's probably a bit of a shame [violin player and all..] to admit that my favorite piece EVER is Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No. 2 in C Minor. I'm a COMPLETE sucker for minor keys, and this peice postively sends tingles up my spine. If you've never heard it, GO BUY THE CD, its worth every penny to hear it whole and download-screw-up free.

I see a lot of people play the violin, and that's probably because its the most popular string instrument. I'd personally love to learn the cello, its probably my second favorite instrument, I just love the pitches that thing can make!! :fans self: whee Its also probably more practical in terms of carrying the instrument around too, which is why more people perfer to learn it. My best friend through high school was a bass player, and he rode the bus to school, and always had a heard time trying to get through the crowds to make it to class [our school had 4000+ kids].
I commend you guys who are learning to play ANY string instrument, it takes a lot of paitence and practice to get it to sound right, but it really is well worth your time heart  

JuilianFai

JuilianFai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:28 am
M i l a d y_A n i m e
Well i've been playing violin for 2 years now, and gotten alot done within those 2 years ^^ at school we have club day we get to be chosen into clubs by our teachers and apparently i got the Music appreciation club!!! (wat a councidence ) XP but although im only in intermidiate violin so im not an expert at it, and i need a different violin cause mine isn't a full and my arm is long! wat are the consequences if you dont have the right violin for the length of your arm? well it ruin the position of your fingering?

Yeah, it will ruin your sense of where to place your fingers. I can't say for certain since I started out with a full sized instrument, but in theory, the smaller instrument sizes are for growing bodies, so with growth you switch to larger sizes.
The danger in having a too-small instrument is that because the intrument is smaller, the pitches are also closer together on the finger board, so your fingers are more cramped together to reach half step pitches. If your hand gets used to playing the notes close together, whenever you finally switch to your proper instrument size, your notes might be a little flat/sharp because your fingers are used to playing them closer together instead of where the pitch ACTUALLY is.

So..yeah you need to get your proper size as soon as possible!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:56 pm
I played alot of instruments at a young age..so maybe
7 yrs old? wink  

x-Azn N3rd

iHeartSpecialBrownies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:50 pm
I really dont know how long ive been playing. my violins name is baby because i love it alot. ^_^
I love playing the concerto For 2 (dont know if thats how u spell concerto or if thats the title) It is also refered as the bach double. I love playing 2nd on that piece  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:13 pm
Hi, I have been playing the violin for almost 5 years now.... I never really thought of a name for my violin... I would say it is a girl, she has a very sweet sound sometimes and has a nice balance. So I'll guess I'll name her Honey! I would have to say my favorite song to play is Meditation de Thais. It is a beautiful piece and I absolutely enjoy listening and playing it.
It seems a lot of people like the Bach Double! My friend and I are actually competing against 2 boys that are going to play the Bach Double... We are sooooooo going to loose....
crying
But anyway, I am going to go practice now!  

RinsUchiha

Korean---EsKIMo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:59 pm
eek Jebus you guys have alot to say about how long youve been playing and stuff...

good luck with any concerts you guys might be haveing  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:15 pm
xAdorkable Asian
I've played for almost 3 years lol hehe ^^ i named mine Enchanted because it makes a beautiful sound when I play. Umm I like to play the Hedwig's Theme but I only memorized part of it and i don't have the music sheet D: same with "He's a Pirate". I love to play "Dragonhunter" and "Holding Back the Tears" by DBSK. tehe ^^
OMG i love dragon hunter and i've only beem playing for 3 years too! smile biggrin biggrin biggrin cool I also love kabuki dance i love japanese songs for the violin except sakura sakura isn't that pretty rolleyes my violin's name is............ Allegro!!! cause i love playing fast songs and usaully i end up ahead of everyone else when we r playing and i have to slow down redface redface And for th epeople that doen't now how to play the violin or think it's easy............... UR TOTALLY WRONG!!!!!!!!!!IT'S SO MUCH HARDER THEN U THINK BUT WHEN U GET USED TO IT ITS EASY  

hipannie101

hipannie101

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:26 pm
Hi i'm new and i've been playing the violin for 3years now!!! i named my violin Allegro because i always end up ahead of everyone for some reason! redface sweatdrop but my favorite songs are ode to joy and kabuki dance, dragon dance, and the nutcracker!  
Instruments and Vocals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff