Reply Instruments and Vocals
Clarinets Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gogethem89

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:36 pm
I play the clarinet! In the 8th grade I played the bass clarinet. I like the clarinet because it has such a wide range, and can play either really low or really high notes that make your ears go burning_eyes .  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:57 am
I have a question about reeds. My threes are not lasting long like I go threw one reed every two days and when I try a higher thickness, the reed will not vibrate. What should I do? Should I try a different brand?  

II Stelmaria II

Naughty Explorer

8,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

BassBoy1313

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:41 pm
Yeah, I'd try a different brand. What are you playing on?
Hi everybody. I'm a clarinet player too! Well, I mostly play my bass clarinet, but they won't let me major on that, so I'm majoring on regular, boring Bb clarinet... I miss my Bass!!! crying  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:28 pm
i am also a b flat clarinet player.
i am currently holding my buffet R13 heart i love it more than anything
ive been playing since 5 grade and i do marching band too.
right now im trying to memorize some xmas music for the parade. smile  

I_Married_A_Moose

II Stelmaria II

Naughty Explorer

8,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:45 pm
I was using Mithchaluries. Now I am trying Vandorens.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:25 am
I played clarinet in for three years in middle school than switched to flute because I want to learn all the instruments. Anyway, I still play it for fun (along with flute, piccolo, alto sax) and I'm pretty decent at it. I'm in the Symphonic band at my school (I'm a senior) and we're playing basic music...but the "first chair" (she shouldn't be first chair clarinet...my sister should be. My sis is waaaaaaaaay better than this girl)...anyway, the first chair can't even play the music we got...I can play it almost perfect, and she can't even get the rhythms! Luckily, I'm the first chair in the flute section...but if I had auditioned on Clar I would have creamed her!  

cuzwhit

roryflower

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:08 am
I've played the clarinet for about three and a half years, and I enjoy playing it. I love the sound and tone of the instrument, and the familiar feeling of the keys under my fingers and the reed vibrating. The clarinet is an amazing instrument. I play a regular B flat clarinet, but I'm thinking of trying an alto clarinet some day. I broke my old clarinet at band camp, which I sorely miss, because my new one isn't as good. I'm glad I'm not the only clarinet player that likes playing clarinet, because half of my section in my high school band doesn't even really like playing. I'm fifth chair out of thirteen, and play the second part. I like first part better though. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:02 pm
the clarinet is my first instrument ^^ i just started last year and this year im not taking band but hopefuly i will next year ( or im going to snap burning_eyes ) i really like the clarinet and i hope to some day play the violin too mrgreen ( but my school does not have any gonk )  

dottypurrs-sis

Tinkily

Familiar Trickster

12,775 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Master Medic 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:56 am
I play it for about 3 years in the orchestra (2nd and sometimes 1st chair). It was my second instrument in music school and I like it a lot and it wasn't hard for me since my first instrument was the piano. My mum wanted me to play a flute though, but there were no available at that time.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:33 pm
The clarinet..............................................  

flamingrice

navygirl123-74

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:54 pm
Stelmaria2
I love playing my clarinet I have a Selmer Signate 100. I am actually geting really good at it.
i love playing my clarinet heart so much  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:43 am
Ive been playing my clarinet for almost three years now(or has it been three years?). I play in the high school marching band. But we also play concert music. Our band director wrote music for us last year. Hes pretty awesome. I have a question(im in eighth grade bear with me). What is the difference between treble clef and bass clef(i dont even know if i spelled that right).  

xclarinetxqueenx

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Flatterer 200

toco clarinet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:56 pm
Das Ist Mein Hamburger
Oh clarinet... I've had so many love/hate and hurtful experiences with you.

To people who play bass clarinet:
We can technically use tenor sax reeds right? I've just picked up a second hand bass clarinet and are still learning its conventions.

i used bari sax reeds when i was playing the bass clarinet, but tenor should work as well...and so should bass clarinet reeds O.o...i've used a typical Bb clarinet reed on my alto sax.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:01 pm
xReign of Chaosx
Ive been playing my clarinet for almost three years now(or has it been three years?). I play in the high school marching band. But we also play concert music. Our band director wrote music for us last year. Hes pretty awesome. I have a question(im in eighth grade bear with me). What is the difference between treble clef and bass clef(i dont even know if i spelled that right).

simply the range that they're written for. the piano staff, which is also known as the "grand staff", is a perfect example. the notes ABOVE middle C are written on treble clef, and the notes BELOW are on bass clef. the bass clef, starting on the bottom line, is G, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, A(ending on the top line) and the treble clef is E, F, G, A, B, C, D, E, F.  

toco clarinet

ClarinetOtakuMai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:40 pm
I've been playing clarinet for about, um, a year and a half. I kinda started a year after all the rest of my current band buddies, so it was brutal to catch up. The best choice of my life was to transfer to band though. I love my Andino clarinet to death.  
Instruments and Vocals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff