The Full Brawl List? *Spoiler* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dash12345678-Y

Olympic Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:02 pm
3 randomly generated? I can only see 2... were you incli=uding the card thing as one of those 3?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:56 pm
Dash12345678
3 randomly generated? I can only see 2... were you including the card thing as one of those 3?
No, I have a captain falcon drawing, a mudkip thing and the amy and tails pic.  

BeeFeh

Immortal44

6,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:34 pm
It would be cool if Nintendoset brawl up for downloadable levels/characters latter on. But I dont think they would release anything like that till at least a year after the release.
(At the very least they will have a bug fix patch that may add a couple of semi-useful but generally neglected features like they do who most games)

Also, Its awesome that zelda/shiek and pokemon trainer have the option of choosing which one you start as but Im wondering, why not samus??? Samus is really the only one that anyone would use that for since it is otherwise impossible to play as zero suit samus if you have items disabled (or just smash ball disabled). Knowing the extreme power of smash balls I can see people often disabling it for more traditional play but by doing so you remove a whole character from the game. (A non-clone, non-vet at that too). It just doesnt make any sense.

EDIT: someone please correct me if Im wrong about the samus thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:47 pm
ImmortalWarrior44
It would be cool if Nintendoset brawl up for downloadable levels/characters latter on. But I dont think they would release anything like that till at least a year after the release.
(At the very least they will have a bug fix patch that may add a couple of semi-useful but generally neglected features like they do who most games)

Also, Its awesome that zelda/shiek and pokemon trainer have the option of choosing which one you start as but Im wondering, why not samus??? Samus is really the only one that anyone would use that for since it is otherwise impossible to play as zero suit samus if you have items disabled (or just smash ball disabled). Knowing the extreme power of smash balls I can see people often disabling it for more traditional play but by doing so you remove a whole character from the game. (A non-clone, non-vet at that too). It just doesnt make any sense.

If You press Z when Choosing Samus you choose Zero Suit.  

Altairno

Immortal44

6,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:16 pm
xXxBusterxXx
ImmortalWarrior44

If You press Z when Choosing Samus you choose Zero Suit.

Oh yeah! Is there that glowing character select thing that it showed on dojo today?

Zero suit samus and shiek are in my opinion good enough to be counted as seperate characters. Zsamus more so that shiek though. well everyone maybe complaining about 35 characters, Im fairly happy with my count of 37. (I just hope fox, falco and wolf arent too similar)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:55 am
How much space would a character take up though? (Size of a VC game?) What with the wii's pathetic 512 MBs.

Hopefully Nintendo has some kind of external memory (SD cards, external hard drives are said not to be coming) in the works.  

Pay Per Cuts

LeeStar1988

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:59 am
It was quite close to my guess of 40ish im happy with it I wonder what the Wii Shop will other us character wise

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:30 am
I don't care that the character list isn't huge. I don't care that several characters that I really wanted aren't playable, while characters I don't care about *CoughR.O.B.Cough* are. My only quip about this roster is in the fact that Sakurai's character development team got lazy and/or too focused on aspects of the game that aren't important. He stated when all this started that he disliked the use of "Clones" in the game. Everyone got really excited about having numerous characters that were vastly different from one another. Everyone was excited about having an original Ganondorf, for example. No one expected the other "clones" to return (though many wanted them to). Everyone was lied to.

• Ganondorf returned with an original FS but every one of Captain Falcon's moves have been transposed onto him again with Purple Magic. Why can't we give him the Sword he originally had in Melee before it was coded out? Why doesn't Ganondorf have any of his abilities from any game he's been in?
  • Ness returned as a character that is identical to Lucas. Seriously? You couldn't make Jeff the playable and Ness the assist? There are several other moves that would have made Ness drastically different from Lucas. Why not use any of them?
  • Toon Link is, essentially, Young Link in cel-shaded form. I haven't heard what his FS is but I am assuming it'll be the Tri-Force Slash as well. This is disappointing. I'm sorry, but where are all the Wind Waker equipments? Everyone I know has asked if he has the Deku Leaf or the Wind Waker and every time I have to sigh and give them a "No".
  • My Biggest Problem: Fox/Falco/Wolf. Really? Do we need three people who are, basically, the same character? Their FS are the same and, while Wolf's moves look different from Fox's, their Specials are the same as well. Was this necessary? Why not use Krystal instead of Wolf? She's have not only added another female to the cast but she'd have also been a non-sword/gun wielding character.

[/rant]

EDIT: Apparently, Ganondorf has a unique Up Special. If this is true, I can mark off one more clone since I'm perfectly find with similar, ie Mario Vs. Luigi. Still haven't seen much more on Ness than the depressing fact that he has a Blue version of Lucas' Star Storm. I'm assuming everything else about him is the same, though. I'll also be perfectly happy with Toon Link if I find out that he has a unique Wind Waker FS. Should he wind up having the Tri-Force Slash, I'm upset about it but, otherwise, I'm fine. Still pissed about the double Fox clones, though, even if they are "Luigi-fied".

On a side note, what is all this talk I hear of "Downloadable Characters"? I'm 99.99% certain that it is just wishful thinking that will never come to fruition but I want to know where the idea came from. I don't see anywhere in this game where they can fit in an extra character. Where would they put these additional fighters? How would you download them? It just doesn't add up in my eyes and I don't think it'll ever happen. We just have to be content with what we've got and hope that they'll fix it in another six years.

Talwar126
Vice Captain

Altairno

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:41 am
So Ganondorf has Wizard's Foot, his only other special shown is the up special and it's completely different, also i just watched a video with ROB and Game/Watch and ROB is more mobile than you'd think.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:40 pm
Talwar126
I don't care that the character list isn't huge. I don't care that several characters that I really wanted aren't playable, while characters I don't care about *CoughR.O.B.Cough* are. My only quip about this roster is in the fact that Sakurai's character development team got lazy and/or too focused on aspects of the game that aren't important. He stated when all this started that he disliked the use of "Clones" in the game. Everyone got really excited about having numerous characters that were vastly different from one another. Everyone was excited about having an original Ganondorf, for example. No one expected the other "clones" to return (though many wanted them to). Everyone was lied to.

• Ganondorf returned with an original FS but every one of Captain Falcon's moves have been transposed onto him again with Purple Magic. Why can't we give him the Sword he originally had in Melee before it was coded out? Why doesn't Ganondorf have any of his abilities from any game he's been in?
  • Ness returned as a character that is identical to Lucas. Seriously? You couldn't make Jeff the playable and Ness the assist? There are several other moves that would have made Ness drastically different from Lucas. Why not use any of them?
  • Toon Link is, essentially, Young Link in cel-shaded form. I haven't heard what his FS is but I am assuming it'll be the Tri-Force Slash as well. This is disappointing. I'm sorry, but where are all the Wind Waker equipments? Everyone I know has asked if he has the Deku Leaf or the Wind Waker and every time I have to sigh and give them a "No".
  • My Biggest Problem: Fox/Falco/Wolf. Really? Do we need three people who are, basically, the same character? Their FS are the same and, while Wolf's moves look different from Fox's, their Specials are the same as well. Was this necessary? Why not use Krystal instead of Wolf? She's have not only added another female to the cast but she'd have also been a non-sword/gun wielding character.

[/rant]

EDIT: Apparently, Ganondorf has a unique Up Special. If this is true, I can mark off one more clone since I'm perfectly find with similar, ie Mario Vs. Luigi. Still haven't seen much more on Ness than the depressing fact that he has a Blue version of Lucas' Star Storm. I'm assuming everything else about him is the same, though. I'll also be perfectly happy with Toon Link if I find out that he has a unique Wind Waker FS. Should he wind up having the Tri-Force Slash, I'm upset about it but, otherwise, I'm fine. Still pissed about the double Fox clones, though, even if they are "Luigi-fied".

On a side note, what is all this talk I hear of "Downloadable Characters"? I'm 99.99% certain that it is just wishful thinking that will never come to fruition but I want to know where the idea came from. I don't see anywhere in this game where they can fit in an extra character. Where would they put these additional fighters? How would you download them? It just doesn't add up in my eyes and I don't think it'll ever happen. We just have to be content with what we've got and hope that they'll fix it in another six years.
I totally agree with you on all of that rant of yours.

Also, about the downloadable characters, it's actually all very plausable and I can see it happening very easily. Someone (involved in the games development... don't remember who) said somewhere that Brawl would be able to support downloadable content (most likely through the Wii Shop, I'd assume) So it makes perfect sense. Also, if they were to allow downloads of new characters, it'd be simple just to change the sizes of the pictures on the character select screen to fit more on or make it so they can fit more characters off-screen.  

David Alanjea

Anxious Raider

8,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:51 pm
I guess we only have 1 part left, we have to figure out which ones are the secret charecters  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:11 pm
Talwar126

I beleive I might have said this elsewhere... but I moved the character pictures over, and another vertical row of four can easily fit in. If there are downloadable characters (which, like you said, is probably just wishful thinking), they could put them in there, and they just won't be involved in the Subspace Emmisary.  

NekkyoMaster

Talwar126
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:25 pm
Pent and Ten
I guess we only have 1 part left, we have to figure out which ones are the secret charecters

Snake and Sonic are both secret. From there, any character in the game that isn't on the Dojo as of my posting this (which currently consists Olimar and previous) is a starter. The rest are secret with Snake and Sonic.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:27 pm
Well I belive that to smooth things over Wii shop character(s) and levels will be avalible once the game is fully worldwide

LeeStar1988

Immortal44

6,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:32 pm
NekkyoMaster
Talwar126

I beleive I might have said this elsewhere... but I moved the character pictures over, and another vertical row of four can easily fit in. If there are downloadable characters (which, like you said, is probably just wishful thinking), they could put them in there, and they just won't be involved in the Subspace Emmisary.

There is plenty of space to put in 2-4 more characters. (4 being the maximum anyone in the right mind would predict nintendo ever adding)
Given the populairity of this game downloadable content isnt that far fetched. levels are already downloadable and many popular titles on other platforms have already used downloadable content on previous generation systems. (ex. Halo 2, battlefront 2, etc.)
However, I dont think that downloadable characters are going to happen till well after the release of nintendo's Wiiware games. (which are slated to be released in japan soon) And like all things from Japan, there is the 2-3 month delay in the release dates. (Everytime! burning_eyes its really starting to get old) At least we'll see them coming well in advance sweatdrop  

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games