Which do you choose to say?
  Merry Christmas
  Happy Holidays
View Results

PGP-Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:58 am
lordstar
sunshinehearttrob
i dont know what that is about but its so unfair to us christians. me and a friend were talking about how recently they wanted to take the word "GOD" out of the pledge of allegiance. which i think is ridiculous. anyways, yes it is offensive to us but what about the JEWS. its the SAME GOD were talking about here.

the world today is all about being politically correct. what is say to that is if its okey to others, why change what it has been for hundreds of years ?? personally i think people today just have nothing to do, and are just itching for an excuse to change things.

but anyways again, i would say happy holidays just because i have many friends who are different religions and i dont want to offend someone. but otherwise, it doesnt matter to me because i am a christian and i love my God and im not scare to declare that to the world.

hope this makes sense.

actually the words "under god" were added less then 100 years ago
more like 50 or so
personally what offends me is that the words were added to begin with

shhh don't let them know that it wasn't in the original
also don't tell them about the money "in God we trust" wink  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:38 am
Von Kyon

Well, Happy Holidays doesn't bother me because there is also Chanukkah, Kwanzaa, and others we probably don't think about. Christmas is about Christ's birthday, for the Christians. But this same time of year has a different meaning for others. So, it's more than just one holiday.

See, this is the issue of the topic. NOT consumerism! Rant over.
I believe that evon though there are other holidays, we should still be able to say Merry Christmas! Does it really offend others? I find it hard to believe. Everyone needs to know about Jesus Christ.
sunshinehearttrob

i dont know what that is about but its so unfair to us christians. me and a friend were talking about how recently they wanted to take the word "GOD" out of the pledge of allegiance. which i think is ridiculous. anyways, yes it is offensive to us but what about the JEWS. its the SAME GOD were talking about here.

Actually, I'm afraid this isn't the case. Jews deny that Jesus is God. They are still waiting for a messiah to save their nation (what they missed was the fact that the Messiah came to set them free from sin)  

Orizion

blkDmen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:30 am
i think it like should be christmas (i am christian) because without god we would all be in hell or we wouldnt be here, ...living...

even in my church a lot of younger kids they didnt rly care for christmas just the presents ... im not even sure if they knew it was supposed to be JESUS' birthday or if they even cared...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:14 pm
Von Kyon

<3

Well, Happy Holidays doesn't bother me because there is also Chanukkah, Kwanzaa, and others we probably don't think about. Christmas is about Christ's birthday, for the Christians. But this same time of year has a different meaning for others.

So, it's more than just one holiday.

<3
do you KNOW anyone who celebrates kwanzaa?
isnt that a bit like saying 'happy winter!' anyhow? and why does everyone take down their happy holiday signs and stop saying it after Christmas! they forgot 2 of them...  

jms_13_13

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:29 am
jms_13_13
Von Kyon

<3

Well, Happy Holidays doesn't bother me because there is also Chanukkah, Kwanzaa, and others we probably don't think about. Christmas is about Christ's birthday, for the Christians. But this same time of year has a different meaning for others.

So, it's more than just one holiday.

<3
do you KNOW anyone who celebrates kwanzaa?
isnt that a bit like saying 'happy winter!' anyhow? and why does everyone take down their happy holiday signs and stop saying it after Christmas! they forgot 2 of them...

<3

I used to know some people the celebrate Kwanzaa. But either way, what's that got to do with anything? I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to say "Merry Christmas". I just think it's stupid that people would be offended that some say "Happy Holidays" or even that some say "Merry Christmas". It's different for different people. I don't think anyone should be offended. At all.

<3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:28 pm
PGP-Protector
lordstar
sunshinehearttrob

the world today is all about being politically correct. what is say to that is if its okey to others, why change what it has been for hundreds of years ?? personally i think people today just have nothing to do, and are just itching for an excuse to change things.

but anyways again, i would say happy holidays just because i have many friends who are different religions and i dont want to offend someone. but otherwise, it doesnt matter to me because i am a christian and i love my God and im not scare to declare that to the world.

hope this makes sense.

actually the words "under god" were added less then 100 years ago
more like 50 or so
personally what offends me is that the words were added to begin with

shhh don't let them know that it wasn't in the original
also don't tell them about the money "in God we trust" wink

that just made my day  

lordstar

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff