Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajias

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:48 pm
IcarusDream
purttyinpink
THOU SHALT NOT KILL

God gave a very direct commandment, there's no way around it.

"KILL," in this context, is actually a horrible translation for ratsach, the Hebrew word for murder.

Quote:
No matter how some one may try to justify the death penalty (and i do agree with the reasons for the death penalty) it is still wrong. Man has ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT to take a life our Lord has created.

God often prescribes the death penalty himself.

But we aren't God. In my humble opinion, the ability to judge fairly and prescribe justice is his, not ours, so we should leave it to him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:42 pm
Pikasqueak
But we aren't God.

Hence: prescription.

Quote:
In my humble opinion, the ability to judge fairly and prescribe justice is his, not ours, so we should leave it to him.

Okay, your daughter was murdered. We'll leave it up to God to punish the criminal, even though we know exactly who and where he is, we won't do anything. It is up to God.  

IcarusDream

Kae tea

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:50 pm
etchedspirit
Is the cop who shot a criminal trying to save the life of another condemed to hell? Where do we draw the line from what is just and lawful, and what is plain murdur? (which murdur is a sin (i believe))

First of all, murder is most definately a sin.

But the cop?
thats self defense.
Jesus never told us to be doormats or to let people physically harm us. Suffering for righteousness sake is one thing, but a criminal attacking you is another.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:44 pm
Kill Not Equal Murder ( Though shall not Murder is a closer translation )

Simple way to show this is God would never tell someone to Sin would He ?
No, of course not.

Yet multiple times throughout the OT, we see God giving commandments for the Death Penalty for Crimes & actions, also instructions on going to war ect. All these caused the Deaths of other people.  

PGP-Protector

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces