Reply The FSFBG
Music to Listen to While Reading Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bizzybee723

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:58 am
I generally listen to Classical when I'm reading. I find songs with words to them actually distract me from the words I'm trying to read on the page.

Also Classical orchestrated music changes moods so quickly and often that its fun to see how the different musical themes fit in with the plot at that particular time.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:08 pm
well, my kind of music is all of my dad's cds, so all the stuff i listen to while reading is like pink floyd, led zeppelin, billy squire, quiet riot, and aerosmith every now and then... blaugh  

xX_Flame_Kissed_Xx

alicard_666

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:24 am
Techno and Metal its the best exclaim  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:12 pm
the soundtrack to Lord of the Rings, the Hero soundtrack

really anything dramatic and wordless

classical is good too though I prefer it to be heavier  

murphyreads

Unnursvana

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:48 am
well I really can't most of the time listen to music while I am reading... but when it happens I listen to eather very relaxing music or very powerful or hevy music... but it really depends on the book. But when I am listening to my MP3 player I do almost every time relate the song to some moment in the books some I have read  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:57 am
The sound of silence.  

Cici Care

IvyStarling

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:35 pm
I don't really listen to music while reading a book. But sometimes I do whistle or hum a tune that is stuck in my head - right now there is a song that I just can not get out of my head, but I can't remember where I've heard it before. I doubt that I made the tune up. It's really annoying.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:04 am

I'm not a huge fan of listening to music while I read. I do read and then make playlists for the book though... and listen to the tracks when I'm out and about, pondering what I've read.

Acoustic Ambience

Strawberry_Angel_L

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:06 pm
whatever I'm downloading to my computer or it depends were i am  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:54 pm
Oh gosh, I can't do that. Cuz then I end up singing! ^^  

xpanda-bear_cutiex

Sl1pstr3am2010

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:08 pm
hmm. dont read that much but either way if i'm writing or reading, some Techno, usually Tiesto, Downbeat Chill, or a little Trance. Same basic stuff, different styles. Though on occasion I do listen to some Joe Satriani.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:17 pm
Cici Care wrote:
Quote:
The sound of silence.

Ha ha! Yes. Well, silence and Johann Strauss and some of his classical composer fellows.  

azafran

S Raina

Spirited Inquisitor

28,100 Points
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:00 pm
I listen to what ever I've got, but I tend to leave this world and be absorbed by the book. Which means if it's a good book I forget and don't hear whats going on around me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:49 pm
65 days of static-
most of their songs don't have words, but its still interesting. They just fit my style better than most songs without words do.
apocalyptica is pretty awesome in that sense too though.

but songs with words distract me.  

[[blunt.object]]

Lyramel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:33 pm
I don't usually listen to music if I am reading but if there is external chatter to distract me I will put on Claude Debaussy or even the instrumental soundtrack to "Its all about Lily Chou Chou"  
The FSFBG

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff