Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Energy and Shielding Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:51 pm
lightning sheilding...

This was a fun one. I had alot of fun making the texture of the sheild, which i think i am getting the hang of finaly. Using motions and actions to create it helps alot i think, and i am glad you sugested that in making the spines of the sheild.

I did it on a day we were to have a storm, of course, and i belive i started it as the rain began to fall. I built up the glowing yellow sheild, which had some traces of green in it for some odd reason, and told it to protect me from the storm. As i made each spine i felt the energy shiftinf, chaneling out the fear of working within storms, and filling it with energy from the storm.

When i was done, i felt safe. Even more odd, i could feel the pulsing of energy as each bolt struck the earth. It was a pritty awing experience. That day a bolt came outside my grandparents back yard, and hit less than 5feet away from us. Me and my mom were the only ones to see this, and we bursted into imediate laughter, not knowing what else to do. It was actually quite comical. But i only once felt unsafe, and that was it...^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:41 pm
I'm glad you got to feel the power of a storm while hiding behind on of it's elements. Keep working on it, and maybe even suggest something of your own!  

WelkingPath

Mystic White Raven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:14 pm
The ultimate dorm room plants:

We have recently been hit with the edge of hurricane Ike. Not much damage, a lot of rain, but no flooding from what I've seen but lots of fallen branches from the high winds. So I went for a walk, collected some fallen twigs with nice leaves and took them up to my room where I removed the labels from empty bottles, put a bit of water in them, stuck the twigs in and placed them around my little desk.

^_^ really cheap, but a nice touch I think. And now it feels a bit more nature-y.

Oh, I don't know if this is relevant, but the other day, someone got hit by a bus outside my dorm. They were taken to the hospital in an ambulance and I haven't heard anything else. I saw the scene from a window so I knew where it happened. Then, a few days later, I was walking by that area without even thinking about it because I was going to meet a friend. A feeling of some sort, it is kind of hard to describe, made me turn my head to look at the street. I found myself looking at the place where the person got hit. Could it be that the energy working has made me more sensitive to other energies around?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:39 pm
That is most likely, yes. And a nice idea for the dorm room, I might have to do that...*thinkthinkthink*  

WelkingPath

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:26 pm
Mini-Lesson #3

Bubble Shield!!!

My friend had me try this one: Bubbles! Construct and program your shield as normal, only make the surface swirl like that of a bubble. The first time I tried this, I added all sorts of soft colors, like pink, purple and green, much like an actual bubble.

Try it out, and post your thoughts and findings.

Blessed Be  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:45 pm
Not really completly on topic, but a bit ago, I was working in my sculpture class and I was helping a classmate hold her large metal piece while she welded it. She had it grounded and everything but even though it was, afterwords my hands felt very prickly, the same pricklyness I had felt when my hands were seeming to soak up windy energy and the prickly of when I make the energy balls ^_^

Oh, random, but my sister had a baby this morning ^_^ I am now a first time aunt!  

Mystic White Raven

loveblackbutterflies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:41 am
Odins Raven
Not really completly on topic, but a bit ago, I was working in my sculpture class and I was helping a classmate hold her large metal piece while she welded it. She had it grounded and everything but even though it was, afterwords my hands felt very prickly, the same pricklyness I had felt when my hands were seeming to soak up windy energy and the prickly of when I make the energy balls ^_^

Oh, random, but my sister had a baby this morning ^_^ I am now a first time aunt!

Oh, wow... Now I feel like my thunder was stolen ^_^" I was an aunt for the first time on the 23rd of september. Congratulations! Were you there?

Um, I haven't worked with energy that much, but I will just say tiny improvements.

Before this class, I was much friendlier with Fire element since it was familiar and I'd felt a connection. Lately though, I'll find myself trying hard to get along with Water and Earth. (Wind I'll always have a soft spot for plus it's so hard to be nice and friendly too. (I always thank the wind for a breeze since it's always been comforting like lifting my thoughts or lightening my heart, hard to explain fully.))

Earth is growing on me (pun not intended) and at one point I was sure I'd made an energy type plant. (I'll explain later) Water on the other hand always feels the same, even though baths, swimming and soaking all relax me. But it isn't the same. Water just doesn't get that bubbling little-girl excitement and happiness that the others do. Is there any way to work on those bonds without losing touch with Fire?

Okay, this energy plant.

I was in the hall at school and there was an assembly, which was pretty boring plus I don't like the teacher who was talking. So, I was leaning back and I felt my hot swirlish energy building in my hand. Smiling to myself and thinking of a challenge, I imagining a seed, which grew slowly, and escaped through my fingers, picturing the roots wrapping up my arm and fingers while plunging into the earth. It was really cool I actually felt the plant, as though that was what I'd be like as a plant. A Fire-Flower grew at the top, and I can still see it, like a carnation but more spread out and reaches out further. I couldn't experiment any further since I felt the drain so I had to stop. So I just hoped you'd like what I discovered.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:10 am
Odins--You just seem to be very open to all sorts of elements. This isn't bad, in fact, it's very good. You just have to learn how to control it and what to use it for. Do you have a partner to work energy balls with?

loveblackbutterflies--The plant is amazing, and I'm glad you know your limits. As for the water...

I'm a water person, so anything that has to do with water is my "thing." Try visualizing yourself in a waterfall. You could also try doing a meditation on water as a whole. Why don't you get along with water? What is blocking you? IS it your strong connection to fire? And so on. If you can, physically go to places where water rules. A waterfall, rapids, even a plain ol' stream or river will do. Try to lose yourself in the water and the way it moves.

Good luck and keep me updated you two!  

WelkingPath

SwirlingDark

Lonely Phantom

9,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:38 am
All that we see or seem...

Unfortunately, I am still stuck on the texture lesson. I also seem to be struggling to get the energy ball as well now. I can't seem to do much right these days...

...is but a dream within a dream

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:44 am
My hubby and I have been practicing passing the energy balls back and forth, it's kind of funny sometimes when I pass it to him it just gets HUGE like tripple the size that I passed to him. It looses alot of density so he's ben working on trying to keep it the same size. I'm probly going to try the next lesson this weekend.

And last weekend I left an egg on my desk at work when I left on Sunday it was still there when I came back monday except that it had gotten bigger. Could it have picked up some of the energy that's just around the area? Or something else.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:28 am
SwirlingDark--Don't worry about falling backwards. Some people just aren't energy inclined, and that's just fine. Forget about texture for a while and go back to the fun basics.

Shearaha--Good work. And the egg shouldn't have picked up any extra energy unless you programed it to. Other than that, an entity may have added to it's energy, or someone at work.... Also when others leave energy balls places they tend to disapate by themselves. You may just have programed it subconsciously to gather energy--good or bad--and that could explain the growth.

Keep at it, and keep me updated! Good work, you guys. It's so nice to have something in my life going right...lol  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:46 pm
All that we see or see or seem...

I'm afraid I may have to cease the energy lessons. Over the last couple of days, I've been trying to do the basics, but they just make me feel drained and dizzy. Even when I've grounded, I often have to nap after the lessons.

I already have medical issues with dizzy spell and I don't want to prvoke them. I apologise.

...is but a dream within a dream

SwirlingDark

Lonely Phantom

9,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:53 pm
I'm glad you're making the right decision for yourself, SwirlingDark. No one can make that decision for you, so you know what's best. I know you've had certain problems in the past where using energy wasn't avoidable. Contact me if you ever need my help again. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:51 pm
Eugh. I really have to get back to taking this class.

Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to wait until Yule or even Ostara to start taking lessons again. I've noticed that as the God is supposed to be dwindling in strength I've had more and more trouble raising energy. As far as the shielding goes I rely heavily on solar/masculine energy because my lunar energy tends to be a bit too passive. I'm looking forward to taking your class again though, I love it. = ]  

Kyou Nitsune

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:06 am
Hmm. That's very interesting, Kyou. Maybe you should try to work with elementals, instead. They offer something totally different than the sun, moon, and earth. Or you could try to simply connect with the energies of other living things. Try sitting next to a tree and feeling the energy inside, and eventually move on to other plants. 3nodding

Have fun, and may you Blessed Be  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games