Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Brawl Dojo Updates topic! (Now with polls!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which control scheme are you using?
Wiimote
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Wiimote + Nunchuk
27%
 27%  [ 39 ]
Classic Controller
10%
 10%  [ 15 ]
GameCube controller
55%
 55%  [ 77 ]
Total Votes : 140

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:23 pm
so then...

luigi vs. mario?

i'm pro luigi, always have been, his hits can be really devastating, that and he has slightly better recovery, his fireball may not be as useful as mario's since he can't drop one from the sky c**k

but the rest of his moves can deal minimal and masimum damage an even instant KO's when combined with his F smash.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:24 pm
Luigi definitely.

I was hoping the FLUDD move wouldn't suck. But it just.. does.  

Waynebrizzle

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:28 pm
Meta_Fish
I guess I'm a noob then.

Yep.

Ness just seems to have more potential to exploit than lucas to me. His forward smash for example. It's ridiculously strong if you hit with the tip, and his jojo is no longer useless either. The side-B gets the enemy caught if it hits, long enough for you to close in and continue attacking. His final smash also seems better to me since the shots don't go straight down, making them harder to evade. If it wasn't for his recovery that becomes useless in laggy matches I'd probably resume playing him right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:28 pm
yeah, i was hoping it could be used as recovery/bombardment when used in the air. *hover packs back to stage* whish whish whish whish. it'd be fun to spray those below you at the cost of not being able to recover.  

Xilo The Odd

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:33 pm
~Xiloscent~
so then...

luigi vs. mario?

i'm pro luigi, always have been, his hits can be really devastating, that and he has slightly better recovery, his fireball may not be as useful as mario's since he can't drop one from the sky c**k

but the rest of his moves can deal minimal and masimum damage an even instant KO's when combined with his F smash.

Luigi's recovery is god. With some practice, you can go below battlefield and back up on the other side.
Try jumping and then doing his down-special right away, it will go insanely high. His Up-B is pretty much instant kill if you're inside his doom circle, his air moves are now faster and his smashes have more knockback.

Right now, I'm probably better with luigi than with mario. I just wasn't motivated to play him, really. His cape is awesome though, you can really screw with enemies trying to get back on the stage.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:39 pm
ChaosTorrent
~Xiloscent~
so then...

luigi vs. mario?

Luigi's recovery is god. With some practice, you can go below battlefield and back up on the other side.
Try jumping and then doing his down-special right away, it will go insanely high. His Up-B is pretty much instant kill if you're inside his doom circle, his air moves are now faster and his smashes have more knockback.

Right now, I'm probably better with luigi than with mario. I just wasn't motivated to play him, really. His cape is awesome though, you can really screw with enemies trying to get back on the stage.

Would you say the cape provide more butthurt than edgehogging?

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:39 pm
I like Mario more. Fludd can be useful sometimes, and I love the cape.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:42 pm
TtheHero
ChaosTorrent
~Xiloscent~
so then...

luigi vs. mario?

Would you say the cape provide more butthurt than edgehogging?

I do. You get to taunt. : D
It also works if your foe would technically be able to get back up to the stage without grabbing the ledge, or if he uses a move like falcon's or fox's side-B near the edge. Cape, and he'll fall to death.  

Al Torrenz

LifelessFawkes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:43 pm
I like Luigi better, but I like Mario's cape.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:45 pm
I've scored occasional KOs with fludd pushing away enemies trying to recover horizontally, but that's about it, and it's nothing the cape couldn't have done.  

Al Torrenz

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:16 pm
I've been practing some good tactics as the Great Wario.

xd I even set up multiple Blast Boxes and set them off with one Good Wario Waft!

...As Wario-Man, of course.

Say what happened to that guy who VOLVIC REVIVED this thread, anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:55 pm
ChaosTorrent
Dark Super Sonic
Meta_Fish
I'd have to say Lucas beats the crap out of Ness. He's got that down smash, the smacky shield thing, and the RIDICULOUS upsmash.

Not really. Lucas is more about overall power, and Ness is more of the combos guy. I mean, yeah Lucas has that Up-Smash [PK love], but you have to be blind not to see it coming. Ness can get your damage from 0-80 with one combo move. Ness' Back-grab can send you amazingly far, and is a sure kill at over 90%. Lucas' PK fire is just a knockback, while Ness' racks up damage and leaves potential for combos. Lucas is a ground fighter, but besides his bat, most of his moves are very slow on the ground. Ness is an aerial fighter, yet besides his bat, all of his moves are incredibly fast and have multiple hits to them [ex: Yo-Yo, F-Aerial].
Overall, I'd say Ness beats the crap out of Lucas.

Noob ness < Noob lucas.
Pro ness > pro lucas.

So true and sorry Metafish.  

Ember Reaper

Dark Super Sonic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:20 pm
Pretty much summed up my point CT. A noob Ness can lose to almost any character. But a pro Ness can take down any character.

Alright, I have a question for all of you here:

Items or No Items?

For me, it depends. When I want a good 1 on 1, Items are off. Its just so an awesome match isn't ended by a stray bomb-omb.

For a FFA, sometimes items on. Just for fun. But I'm mostly a no items guy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:53 pm
Dark Super Sonic
Pretty much summed up my point CT. A noob Ness can lose to almost any character. But a pro Ness can take down any character.

Items or No Items?

For me, it depends. When I want a good 1 on 1, Items are off. Its just so an awesome match isn't ended by a stray bomb-omb.

Same here. 3nodding  

ZWIDEN

Ta-kun the pyro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:58 pm
ZWIDEN
Dark Super Sonic

Items or No Items?

Same here. 3nodding
Yea, items ruin 1 on 1 matches, but if there's already 4 people goin at it, I say go ahead and turn the items on.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff