Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Pridelands [IC]
[Event] Introduction of the Heir Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:11 pm
Kanata chirped, "I can do better then tell you. I can show you and don't worry I'll fly low so you can follow." She looked into both parents eyes and nodded. "Try and keep up!" As soon as those words were out Kanata took to the skies.

"Thank you! So much!" Rinji nodded before turning to his wife. "Let's go sweetheart and maybe we will find more of the cubs along the way. They couldn't have gone that far!" Rinji

A bird whistling broke through his pouting and made him look away from his current babysitter/ companion. What he saw made his eyes widen with shocked joy. Guaire "Mama? Daddie? MOMMY! DADDY!" Guaire raced over to his parents happily and almost landed flat on his snout.
Depawsit

"Looks like a happy ending after all." Guarin hummed and smirked before turning back to the festivities. He knew his parents were around here somewhere, but he wasn't too worried.

Pandra tilted her head and smiled. This young one was certainly a cutie. "Hello little one. I like your pelt...what is your name?"
Bloo Star

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:53 pm
Cajanic

"Perhaps a rhino or even an elephant, " The lioness mused jokingly. Though either of those butt sizes would surely be a bit over kill. Yakujo would wish that sort of death from butt on any creature. Still it was enough to make her chuckle some at the thought.

The conversation shifted in to another. Yakujo was more than happy to answer him.

"I came here on my own some moons ago. Not to long. Shortly after I had cubs and ... that are still troublesome children. "She had no idea where her cubs had run off to now that she thought about it. But that would be something to deal with a little later. She was sure they were running wild and being pests some where in the crowd, " So I suppose we haven't been around as some of the other families. But I am happy to stay here and call it home. May I ask you how long your family has been here... I mean I remember saying you grew up here but.." She gave him a small inquiring smile.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:58 am
Hviske
After the introductions, there was not a great deal more to be said, Hviske supposed, and so she smiled and politely excused herself, asking Matu if he would, perhaps, like to come with her. She claimed that she had something she would like his opinion on , although in fact, she couldn't think of a single thing that fell into that category except herself. She would have killed someone to know how Matu felt about her, but she couldn't bring herself to ask him that.

Matumaini
Matu was not quite sure how he ended up agreeing to leave with Hviske, except that it seemed rude not to after she had invited him, since he had no particularly good reason not to do so. He just didn't see why she had asked him in the first place. Nevertheless, he was too well-mannered to protest, and so off they went. He wondered what it was she wanted his opinion on.

Maral
Maral nodded at the rapid delivery of family information that he knew for a fact he would forget before the conversation ended. It wasn't a lack of interest, but his really was a large family and if he hadn't actually met the person being spoken of, it was really unlikely that he would be able to recall details about them at a later date when he actually did meet them. He did realize with a guilty conscience that he hadn't gone to congratulate Mheetu on his litter though. Or his mate. Sigh.

"Maybe when they're older I can take a few of them hunting," he offered in the hopes that this would absolve him of so far being a horribly absent uncle. Probably it wouldn't, but it was worth a try.

His focus shifted back to Emrey and his talk of finding a lady, "I know that feeling. You'd think it would be easy in a pride this size, but I often find myself daunted by the prospect."

Kiek
It was a relief to Kiek that Shujaa was willing not to be offended by his thoughtlessness. She seemed like a good sort of person who liked to help others more than make their lives difficult, but this was just a first impression and he knew better than to put too much faith in those. Which is not to say he suspected Shujaa and her sons of secretly being psychopaths or anything, just that he tried not to be stupid and make up his mind so that it couldn't be changed.

He was content to keep his mouth shut and allow Gliri to speak, since she seemed to be inclined to do so. It was enough of a rarity for her to willingly speak to strangers that he was reluctant to interrupt. Besides, he'd already managed to put his foot in it and Gliri seemed pleased to meet someone who had traveled outside the pride. It hadn't occurred to him that she might enjoy meeting people from beyond the borders, but he could certainly introduce her to more if she was interested. He knew lots.

Thinking of ways to please his mate made him smile.

Gliri
"I grew up in the rogue lands with a twin brother," Gliri said. She was proud of herself for not feeling a twinge of sadness when she thought of her brother, although she supposed that feeling proud about it meant that she was still thinking of it, and still missing him. Did that count? "Sometimes it still strikes me as strange to wake up surrounded by so many lions living in such close proximity."

And in relative peace. When she and Muscar had lived alone it was never a good thing to discover that there were other lions living nearby. It usually meant that they would have to relocate, or else they would be driven out by larger, more aggressive groups. Or, really, a more aggressive individual would have been sufficient since Gliri was no fighter and Muscar knew that he was her sole protector and could not risk being injured and leaving her unprotected while he healed.

Maybe the reason that things seemed more peaceful to her here was the fact she was now part of the largest group around, and in addition to having a loving companion in her mate Kiek, she had the protection of the entire pride, should she need it. Not that she was likely to need it. She liked that security more than she had ever expected to, which led her to her next thought.

"I can't really say I miss living out there, though." Just her brother, but that bridge was long crossed and burned. She made herself smile. "I have family here, and friends."

Reminding herself of Kiek and her cubs made her smile go from forced to real. They brought her joy every day, even those days when they also surprised and alarmed her.

Tuva
"Oh, maybe," Tuva said in a sort of vague and dismissive way. "My mum's the storyteller. She's a lot better at it than I am. I'm going to be a scout when I grow up."

She might've talked more about all the awesome things she was going to do as a scout, but then Fentara mentioned something that she just had to remark on, sending all thoughts of future epicness straight out of her mind.

"I don't think you could change it at this point," she informed Fentara very seriously. She was talking about being big, of course. "I've never heard of anyone getting littler, just bigger."

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:04 pm
M-Mouse..? No.. my name is.. is Asa--- The cream colored lioness began to interrupt sheepishly, stepping forward to follow the snarky female in a moment of bravery before her paws faltered, leaving her to watch the other's backside drift off into the distance without a backwards glance. Murmuring quietly as she dipped her head, Oh.. okay, bye then.

Ducking her head, Chai glanced back towards her feathery companion with a wavering, almost questioning smile. I think.. that went well, for a first meeting, didn't it? Even.. if we didn't get her name... and she... she didn't get ours.

Then it's not important, is it? Rin mused dryly, peering into pale blue eyes with her own sharp, aqua marine stare, hiding nothing from her companion given her characteristic bluntness. Extending a wing towards the peak of the rock cliff where the two lions stood indicatively, half out of curiosity and half to distract Chai from the less than successful greeting. Get closer, I want a better look at the fluffball that's going to become the ruler of this place some day.

Softening her tone after realizing that she was making demands, Rin added stiffly, tucking her wing back to her side. The stranger hadn't seemed like a bad lioness, but she also didn't seem like she was particularly interested in making new friends either. We can always pester her tomorrow.

Nodding with lifted spirits, the quiet rogue picked up a jogging pace, careful to weave between the lions without bumping into anyone as she carried Rin closer. Maybe Chai was aware that she was being distracted from her troubles and maybe she wasn't, either way the lost lioness was happy to have something to focus on other than her own troubled thoughts.

----------------------

Kiboko heard the mousy female speak, her voice a breezy, whisper of a sounds. Easily lost under the conversations floating around them, and as the river guardian had discovered, easily ignored. Ears flicking towards something off in the distance as if her attention had been drawn elsewhere. Maybe it was cruel, but Kibo's fur was beginning to dry beneath the sun and she was growing antsy for the coolness of the waters she made her home and the hippos that had become her secondary family. Moving in the opposite direction of the hawk and lioness pair as she slipped further away from the gathering without guilt. After all, she had done her duty as pridelander! Come and listened to the King's announcement, was there any reason for her to linger? Not likely. And if she was needed personally, they certainly knew where to find her.

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:01 pm
Cajanic

Andranis

Green Ever After
Nimbe went to say hi!

“And excite he did!” Magh said, eyeing the new lioness approvingly. She was orange and that was always a good point as far as the wing-marked lioness was concerned. To be honest, she wasn’t particularly interested in the young prince’s issues. As someone had said before, he was probably going to be spoiled rotten and the amount of responsibility that was going to be placed on his shoulders could probably be easily matched by the amount of love and respect that’s he was going to get from most of his subordinates. And he wasn’t really alone, he was still amongst family. Tama was making it seem as though the poor little lion was going through unimaginable suffering. He’ll get over it, she thought to herself.

“I love your orange color.” She told Madaha bluntly, ready to move on to more interesting matters. “I need to find myself a single male with the typical pridelander markings.” She looked amused for a moment as she lowered her voice. “Do you have any brothers?”

----------------------------------

“I doubt that was his intention.” Nimbe said, one eyebrow rising is playful disbelief. Her expression quickly turned into one of pure surprise when her new friend spoke again. “Magh!” She laughed though she didn’t really share the Magh’s feelings. Finding a male was the least of her priorities. The fact that she was barely an adult who hadn’t been around during the war was but an excuse. Part of her just feared she was going to get hurt in the future and that no one would ever find her bright green color desirable. Oh, well.

“I just saw someone. I’m going to greet him and I’ll be right back.” The green lioness said hurriedly, trying very hard to ignore Magh’s words as she made her way to Koios.

----------------------------------------

“Ah… I guess that’s why you don’t look interested…” Magh said knowingly when she followed Nimbe’s gaze and found the white lion. “Go get him.”

--------------------------------------

Nyamafu’s words hit Tama harder than she had expected. She’d never once found herself the target of such harsh looks but that was probably because she looked enough like a pridelander for everyone to assume she had some of their ancestors’ blood in her. And in a way they were right. They just didn’t know she was hiding her place of birth and her Outlander origin. As far as she was concerned, no one would ever know.

“I’m sure he’ll feel welcomed. Many will make sure of it.” She said unusually subdued, smiling only slightly when Magh started inquiring after the newcomer’s brothers.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:55 pm
Lithia_Brandon

“Ah, a not-so-secret crush, huh?” Kwende said lively, moving a little closer to the other male. “I feel your pain, buddy. I feel your pain.” He looked at Jamii and winked. “I bet our friend here is just shy. You are a very pretty lioness…”

He decided not to say any more in the presence of his nephew – who knew what Koru might tell his father later, after all – but in respect to the bro code, this lioness was definitely not for him to pursue. Nope, she looked pretty taken from where he was standing.

“So you two joined as a pair then? You’re staying, right?” It was pretty obvious that Kwende was now seeing the two lions as couple.

-----------------------------------

Koru looked at his paws, still thinking about how he was related to Prince Tau. He wished the adults could’ve been a little bit more useful in explaining things to him but he guessed he’d have to wait for his father to return. Or his mother. They usually answered all his questions even the weird ones he came up with on the spot in order to test them.

“Hello.” He told the lion behind Jamii, looking a little unsure. He, too, moved a little closer to the brown adult. “I’m Koru.”

Cajanic

Princess_Feylin

“That sounds great. Some of them have already started showing a knack for it.” Mheetu replied happily. Maybe he should visit all his brothers and sisters and throw a party or something. It had been a long time since they’d all been together. A very long time. “Don’t worry too much about it. I’m sure the right girl is just around the corner.”

The little girl was adorable, Mheetu thought with an inner smile that was even bigger than the one he was showing her.

“A scout, really? Just like me then.” He didn’t know any female scouts, how interesting. “Let me know if you ever need a mentor.”

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:40 am
Kopano's brother had acquired company and a fair number of distractions. Neither was the skittish juvenile interested in. This crowd was just too big!

"I'm going to find mom and dad." He left without saying goodbye. Doubtful anyone would have heard him over all the noise.

Hari lunged to tackle his bothersome sibling only to find all fours suddenly dangling in the air. He looked up over his shoulder and into the face of Konja, his captor. The full-maned fellow tossed the youngster onto his back and then scooped up Biyu to do the same.

"Don't fight, you two," Alake scolded. She'd already determined the two brown and white ones weren't related, but this pair must have been. They looked alike and certainly argued as siblings did.

Amira nodded in agreement, both in regards to what her mother had said and what she'd only thought. One need not be a mind-reader to have the same assumptions. "Just point our your mother to Konja when you see her."

Andranis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:57 am
Lithia_Brandon

"Oh, I agree! Common understanding is the backbone of a sucessful pride, and we've got that in droves." It was always something she found so appealing about the Pridelands; even if one lion absolutely despised their neighbor, they would die to protect them. It wasn't a common sight, and definitely a welcomed one to the Huntress.

"For admittance I would see a higher up...though I'm not too sure who. When I joined it was shortly after I was attacked by hyenas, so it was all a blur to me." She shifted on her paws, looking up at the young heir for a second to make sure he was still there. "If you'll wait until after the ceremony, I can help you find who you'll need to talk to," or at least ask someone who would know.

"Your duties within the pride will consist of Hunting, unless you want to work yourself up to another rank. As you've probably already seen, we've got a lot of mouths to feed, so Hunters are always in demand. However, you could just as well take up the Nanny role, to watch over the young, a Scout, to monitor borders, Storyteller, or even Historian, if you have a knack for knowledge."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:24 pm
User Image
It was certainly an interesting family reunion. She wondered what would happen if she'd try to gather all her family in one spot. It'd have to be a rather large spot, for starters.

"And before you know it you'll invade Tianxia too," she said to Janga with a grin, "It has already begun... And just wait until your siblings start their families..."

She knew that Savassi had gone to Tianxia to study some time ago, and since he hadn't returned she figured he must have liked it there. Perhaps she should do some travelling too. For all her lust for adventure she hadn't actually strayed very far from Pride Rock.

"Heh..." she said to Kushindwa, "I know a thing or two about having a lot of relatives around..."

She looked up at the young prince again. He had to be her cousin once removed, or something like that, and he had many relatives in the pride. It was hard to predict if that would help him or make his life harder. Hmmm... Her little nephews and nieces had to be about his age, perhaps a bit younger. Perhaps the prince would find a friend in one of them.

Cajanic
Lithia_Brandon
Andranis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:36 pm
Hopefolly
So sorry for the delay! Work had me doing doubles for a while. D:

Soren’s ears perked at a familiar voice.

“Excuse me,” he said to the group, turning his brown gaze to whom had called him.

Aha! He knew it! Chyou! Soren had been the first to greet the female when she had come to the lands many moons ago. He had since grown a full mane since he last saw his friend.

“Chyou~” the lightly colored male called back, trotting away from the congregated group, before stopping by the black and white pelted adult. “How are you? Some news, eh?”

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:48 pm
KasaiLoki
No trouble!

Soren's full mane reminded Chyou of how long it had been since last they'd spoke. This pride resided on such vast lands occupied by so many faces it was no wonder she couldn't keep up with all of them. Add to that four cubs, two of which were troublemakers, and well...

"Some news," she chimed in agreeably, smiling. There wasn't much for her to say on the matter. She wished their new heir well and hoped no tragedy would befall the pride throughout his rule.

Talk of the lion in front of her was more likely to get her attention. "I'm well. How are you, Soren? It's been too long!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:17 pm
User ImageTwo lions stood off from the group, watching from afar. Both of the males were of older age, but appeared fit and strong as those in their prime. They worked hard to keep themselves healthy and fit to be of use to the pride and, in times before, it had been proven so. They belonged to one of the older families here in the Pride Lands, but kept to themselves after various events had caused them to become distant. The eldest, and father of the other, was large with chestnut brown mane with vibrant teal eyes. Faint scares have aged now that fur covered them. He gave a soft smile toward Pride Rock as their king had announced the air and the other lions of the pride discussed among themselves. "You know, if it weren't for Uncle, we wouldn't have a queen." He uttered, his voice calm and soothing. "Though, I wish it were under better circumstances that the queen was conceived, but it's in the past and she is where she is now because of her hardships." The matter was that the queen was once an Outlander, a re-established lands just beyond the boundaries of the Pride Lands. While there are rumors of the pride re-establishing, the queen of the Pride Lands was once a member of the group, or at least, she was sibling of them.

User Image
"You think Uncle Kinari will ever return here?" The younger lion asked, his hair parted identical as his father, but his form more leaner and, in a way, more aesthetically appeasing to the eyes. Unlike his father, his hair was more auburn and his eyes red, believed to be inherited from deep within the family line that draws back to the Royal Lineage of two prides; the Pride Landers and the Firekin. The son was also a father of two litters, and a good one at that. Many of his children have gone off into the world to established themselves as rogues and members of prides far and varied. He was content with his mate and his family, content that his home was as it is.

User Image
"No, Ezekiel, my father's not coming back, that is for absolute certain. If my sister were to ever find him here, she would have him executed on the spot, but not before I get my claws into him, that is for certain." Came a voice from just beyond the hill. The lion revealed himself to be the cousin to the auburn male. Brother to the queen and also an ex-member of the Outlanders.

The father spoke again. "Your Uncle Sheng'kou is keeping him in the Tianxia territory. As long as your Uncle is with him, Kinari won't be coming back." Ger chuckled. Sheng'kou, slave turned Lord of a powerful group of lines that had become the strength of the collective power that is the Tianxia pride. If he had recalled, one of the Princes had married into that pride too.

"Have either of you seen my son around?"

Neither answered. Their family had grown larger through different lines gathering together. The family consisted of three different lines; the firekin slave born line that consisted of Lord Sheng'kou. The Royal lineage of the Firekin and the Pride Landers that consisted of Ger and his son Ezekiel. Then the rogue lines that consisted of the deviously dangerous Kinari and the elusive behemoth, Trig. While the four of them have decided that it was best to live their lives, it seemed their offsprings have found themselves gathered at the safest territory in all of the old prides.

Ezekiel chuckled. "Valse is with my son, Eiji'dai. He was visiting the area while his mother was moving through." The group laughed together as group of fathers would. "Goddess of the Hunt, always on the move. I am happy that I was able to give her company during her travels."

"And by that, you mean you gave her a litter. Classy, I'd say." Matishou laughed again.

Anyone
Anyone may interact with these three.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:24 pm
Maswali let out an audible gasp as she rushed to her cub's side. Nuzzling against his cheek, she scooted him in close.

"Don't you ever, ever, ever, do that again."

Tapping Guaire's nose gently she couldn't help but cry tears of joy.

"I don't know what your Father and I would have done if we lost you."

Tara de Draiocht

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:46 pm
User Image

Erevu was just on his way back from the border when he heard the news.

Well, not really the full news. Many of the usual lion traffic had dwindled to only a few every here and there. When he confronted one, asking where everyone was and fearing the pride had up and left, the helpful lion informed him that everyone was gathered for a joyous occasion. Noticing his confusion, the lion chuckled and told him to go see for himself.

And here he was. Still confused. Crimson eyes searching around, he decided to approach the nearest lions to figure out just what was going on. "Excuse me..." he attempted to get the three lions attention. "Um... Well, it seems that I don't... quite... know what's going on." Oh, the shame in his voice. He lived in the pride, grew up in the pride, and yet, felt like such an outsider for not knowing what this event was for. Where had he been?!

PhiferWolf
I was deciding against entering Erevu into the jumble, since it progressed. But you provided me with an opportunity. QuQ -lubbs-

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:02 pm
Ger smiled and nodded toward his fellow pride mate. Would appear this one was out on patrol, but surely he was aware of such an important occasion such as this. The eldest of the group turned to watch the others gather at the rock to meet the new Heir and congratulate the king and queen on their decision. Even though much of his life was spent as a rogue, he felt at home here.

"The King and Queen had announced the Heir to the Pride Lands. Prince Tau was the chosen one. Wasn't too long ago that King Simi had made the declaration." Ezekiel spoke, coming to meet the fellow male. Matishou simply chuckled at the thought. Offering an exchange between Ger and himself while Ezekiel spoke to the newcomer. "It's a joyous day for the Royal Family. Should you not be with your family this day as well? Unless you were on patrol and just now returning, in which case, I'd thank you for your earnest work to keep our home safe."

Lollipop x L u x u r y
GLad I was able to assist!

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas