Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:25 pm
[Kegan]
I dunno how I'm going to find room in my room and money in my wallet for a bunch of little collectibles. I haven't collected anything for years, outside of piles and piles of ceramics. I find myself buying things digitally just so I won't have another box laying around.

In my heart, I honestly hope there isn't any exclusive content for all that junk, but in my mind I know that would be a financial boon and be wildly popular, and probably help keep Nintendo making great software.
Maybe it'll just be for transferring data and for cosmetic stuff, ala the hats in TF2. Maybe SSB won't even use NFP!!
Rusti Fire
>Not including Capt. Falcon as huge omission. stare

That may be a deal breaker for me.
Captain Falcon is ALWAYS a secret character. I doubt we'll see him until the game is just about to come out, or Jigglypuff.

And yeah, you wouldn't buy a new SSB game if it didn't have Captain Falcon. razz  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:32 pm
Meta_Fish
YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!! xp  

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:09 pm
Have we discussed what everyone thinks of the Wii U GC controller adapter thing?
I'm excited, because playing Brawl with Wii+nunchuk, and then with the classic pro made me miss the GC. 3nodding
It's also convenient because I recently rebought a cube!

Ooh, and this would be ideal for GC virtual console titles.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:42 pm
Yeah. It's neat. I'm not sure if I'll bother with it, though. The gamepad has enough buttons and I don't play smash bros with people in-person very often. If I do in the future I'll probably be playing with people who would own this.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:18 am
Hey they said that there giving out Smash Bros coins to the first 70 people to preorder Smash Bros 4 at the Best Buy event. Is anybody going to that demo event.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:41 am
Jarogue
Hey they said that there giving out Smash Bros coins to the first 70 people to preorder Smash Bros 4 at the Best Buy event. Is anybody going to that demo event.
I am!!  

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:17 pm
I dunno if I want to brave the crowd of grotesque omega-nerds that will line up early just for a coin.

But I am going, at some point.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:28 pm
no uh... offense to any G.O.N.s out there. I just can't match your enthusiasm.

Also a big fan of showering.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:52 am
I am excite for more news. But goddamn I need to get a WiiU. I feel like the Ds version just wont be enough for me...

Maye that's why theyre releasing that version first? To give you a taste of heaven before you're like " I NEED MORE. " Then BAM. WiiU version hits with collectibles and more content.

Quick, someone legalize prostitution. I need money. = w=  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:31 am
J of The Wind
I am excite for more news. But goddamn I need to get a WiiU. I feel like the Ds version just wont be enough for me...

Maye that's why theyre releasing that version first? To give you a taste of heaven before you're like " I NEED MORE. " Then BAM. WiiU version hits with collectibles and more content.

Quick, someone legalize prostitution. I need money. = w=
I think that's probably why they did it, too. At first I thought the Wii U version would come out first to sell more Wii Us, but I think everyone will get 3DS version just to play ANY kind of Smash Bros. and they'll want the console experience after the gameplay with multiple people is a bit laggy (hopefully not).  

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:38 pm
Following mention of DLC in WiiU games, specifically Smash 4:
DiglidiDudeNG
Hm... I dunno about Smash. They'd have to make single-player content, not characters, in order to make it fair for the tournament community.
Who gives a frick about tourney player, anyhow? If they moan and complain about it it won't really matter. it'll just be added to the already huge list of things they'll ban or make rules about.

"DLC IS BANNED. SO UNBALANCED. OMG DLC IS THE NEW TRIPPING. I AM GOING BACK TO MVC. YES, THE FIRST ONE."

It'd be neat if they did free updates for Smash Bros, though, to keep people's interest in it up. You don't really see that in console games. I wouldn't really want to pay for cosmetic stuff, and DLC stages and characters present certain hurdles and bullshit factor for playing with other people in general, not just for "Tourney friendly" gameplay.

This should probably be in the smash bros thread. I guess I'll copy this exchange into a post there, where it can be discussed AT LENGTH.
Ding!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:04 am
I thought it would a neat way to do DLC, too. You go to the store, buy the figure and get the new character in your game, as well as maybe a stage, some music and s**t (the NFP figure acts as a ticket and then downloads it via the net).

This game is going to have more diversity than any fighting game ever made, so I can see the tourney players doing standard for everything.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:27 am
I'd been thinking the other day, and I don't now if I posted about it anywhere, that the NFP figures could come with Virtual console games preloaded in them?

I got the idea when Miyamoto or someone described the platform as "the new eReader."

That would kinda suck for anyone who already had those games on VC, though. There is potential for this kind of thing to be useful in an "NES Remix" kind of setting, though...

Just a thought.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:57 pm
All I know is I am psyched to play as Swole Ike and Shulk.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas