Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Back in the day. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yusaru

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:17 am
Mustard Like Soup
Yusaru
Maybe not in your book. but it will be to someone who's patient enough to think out a good deck. Under estimating Cards such as Blue Eyes will be your undoing. There're plenty of decks that can use Blue Eyes effectively. Plenty of tricks, but you stereo-type Cards/decks that you're not patient enough to use/build yourself.
Effective, as in can take this meta competition. It's not underestimating, it's the truth.

And, lawl, sure it will kid.

"Kid"? That's an understatement! XD  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:28 am
Yusaru
Mustard Like Soup
Yusaru
Maybe not in your book. but it will be to someone who's patient enough to think out a good deck. Under estimating Cards such as Blue Eyes will be your undoing. There're plenty of decks that can use Blue Eyes effectively. Plenty of tricks, but you stereo-type Cards/decks that you're not patient enough to use/build yourself.
Effective, as in can take this meta competition. It's not underestimating, it's the truth.

And, lawl, sure it will kid.

"Kid"? That's an understatement! XD

Your self-proclamed dueling skills are an OVERSTATEMENT.

BEWD will NEVER be meta; deal with it and move on. continuously denying the obvious will only further your humiliation.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Gravitational Molestation

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:31 am
Yusaru, I'll gladly stomp the yard with your face on my boot :v  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:42 am
when and where i wanna be there to see it!  

TimithyEcho

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:43 am
Yusaru
That's not the kind of "Original" I was talking about. Nowadays you can expect anyone to be using cheap decks....Less strategy, more bruit force. Deck types don't matter. Lots of decks are the same in that they are almost ALL cheap plays. If you think of a strategy yourself, then congrats....But chances are, in tournament play you'll only see cheap copies, no matter what deck you're running.
Because back then in tournaments, they didn't use anything but cheap decks?

Because back then, no banned list was more strategy?

Because back then, there were actually feasible deck types?

Because back then, dropping a single one of the cards that's banned now to gain the utmost advantage ISN'T cheap?

And again, back then, you weren't limited into choosing one of two decks in HOPING to be in top?

What your saying has no knowledge of what it was like, and no basis to support yourself. You don't know what you're talking about, you can only remember your days before furthering your knowledge of the game itself.

You look like a fool, and yeah, I call you a kid because you're now acting like one. GM and I are telling you all that it wasn't really the way you remember it. Our game wasn't as open as you believed it to be. Stop wishing it were.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:48 am
I'll be waiting.
http://tinychat.com/gaiaduelarena  

Burakku_Kitsune

5,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:15 am
Yusaru
I understand that the game has evolved from what it used to be....But I do wonder.....What ever happened to the days where it required skill to hit the field with a blue-eyes white Dragon, Dark magician, or Red-Eyes B. Dragon?
because now, It's nothing to get big monsters out these days. I don't hate the changes. I honestly don't know where we would be without Synchro monsters, but I do miss the skill it used to take, and being impressed when a big monster hit the field.

So, is there anyone out there that understands what I'm saying??
"I totally Understand the only skill involved in yugioh now is deck making. The ability to know which cards will work in what deck is much harder than actually using them.
I don't play anymore I quit right after Hidden Arsenal 2 but I honestly don't remember the last time I saw someone tribute summon.
Blackwing and six samurai once made basically play themselves.
As for the older cards yugioh needs to fix them. Other card games would update older cards to make them relevant in the present day.But not yugioh god forbid they do anything but churn out meta.

I believe the term is called 'power creep'"  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:23 am
Burakku_Kitsune
Yusaru
I understand that the game has evolved from what it used to be....But I do wonder.....What ever happened to the days where it required skill to hit the field with a blue-eyes white Dragon, Dark magician, or Red-Eyes B. Dragon?
because now, It's nothing to get big monsters out these days. I don't hate the changes. I honestly don't know where we would be without Synchro monsters, but I do miss the skill it used to take, and being impressed when a big monster hit the field.

"I totally Understand the only skill involved in yugioh now is deck making. The ability to know which cards will work in what deck is much harder than actually using them.
I don't play anymore I quit right after Hidden Arsenal 2 but I honestly don't remember the last time I saw someone tribute summon.
As for the older cards yugioh needs to fix them. Other card games would update older cards to make them relevant in the present day.But not yugioh god forbid they do anything but churn out meta.

Oh, hey, it's Little Miss Know-Nothing.  

Space Toad -B

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:29 am
is everyone done putting as much as they can into the discussion? I hope so, because it's getting about time to lock the topic before anyone gets into a serious fight.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:31 am
axean
is everyone done putting as much as they can into the discussion? I hope so, because it's getting about time to lock the topic before anyone gets into a serious fight.
Ignore Mustard's indecency. Waiting for Yusaru and Shrab's replies.  

Burakku_Kitsune

5,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:34 am
"Deleted my post to avoid conflict"  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:35 am
Burakku_Kitsune
Mustard Like Soup
Burakku_Kitsune
Yusaru

Oh, hey, it's Little Miss Know-Nothing.
"Oh hey! Do you have something to say? or are you just happy to see me?"
Only to repeat all that I've previously started, but of course, ignorance can be astounding. Especially yours.

By the way, Frogs still summon Monarchs all the time, Chaos and Jinzo were bigger play-for-themselves than Six Samurai, and no card game revisits and revises old cards, but create new sets. What would be considered to be Yu-Gi-Oh!'s largest competitor in the Western Hemisphere, Magic: the Gathering, even cycles out sets to make every old card illegal, and reprints minimal.

So, I guess what I want to say is, you're wrong. As always.  

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:38 am
Shrab, Yusaru, Amanjudkjfaslkfjdfacake I revived the challenge thread, since this will be closing soon I see.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:43 am
closing around 5:00 pm EST. to lazy to do it any earlier. Will be deleted tomorrow around the same time, so people may still read it for awhile.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Domino City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers