Welcome to Gaia! ::

The xxxHolic Guild

Back to Guilds

Fans of CLAMP's xxxHolic, you were not guided here by chance -- here you can ponder and discuss, or just hang with other Holic-holics!! 

Tags: crossover, holic, clamp, tsubasa, yaoi 

Reply The xxxHolic Guild
Has anyone else noticed? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Freya Nocturne-

2,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:05 am
I've been reading works by CLAMP ever since i discovered Anime and Manga, and i've just noticed the following... In EVERY Manga i've read that was writen by CLAMP, theres always at least one character with long, black hair (Examles: Tomoyo Daidouji, Chitose Hibiya, Yuuko Ichihara and Himawari-chan heart )

These are just the ones i know of, if anyone knows of other, plase let me know  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:39 pm
......That's weird. XD

I also noticed that there's always been a homosexual couple in each series too. At least, in past works.

Homicidal Fangirl

Onmyouza-tou

Clean Smoker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:40 am
That's because there IS a lot of people in Japan with long, black hair. Black hair is VERY common. Long hair is ALSO common. The homo thing is because, for the past two millenia of Japanese culture, men who look like women were basically sexual GODS who reigned over the others like they were cattle. Now, they've taken it to new extremes and added the homo thing as a taboo-breaker, further inspiring sexual conduct.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:17 pm
you have definitely got a point there  

laaalalalalalalalalas

Calliope Della Corte

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:17 pm
Yes, black hair is very common. No surprises there.

Is there actually a homosexual couple at least implied in every CLAMP work, or do the couples simply have many fans that support them? That's not a very clear question...I hope you get my meaning. Does Chobits have a homosexual couple? I haven't read it in a while, but I can't remember there being one...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:17 am
That's a good point Onmyou-kun...anyway, yeah, I didn't see one in Chobits...or WISH...  

Mercuryangel
Crew

solardancer
Crew

Obsessive Poster

8,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:22 pm
chobits dosent need a yaoi couple,as it is already sexual already. I think they add those type of things into there rated "A"(or E) titles as to boost sales. or maybe its the minds of the readers that make it so.
I'm thinking about CCS when I write this...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:37 am
uhhh...
isnt this sorta considered spam/off-topicness? *im still the captain, even if i suck at it, you know. xd * i mean, yuko and himawari are in with it, but...
-sakura  

little_kitty_chan
Captain

SailorYue

Lonely Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:29 pm
Mercuryangel
That's a good point Onmyou-kun...anyway, yeah, I didn't see one in Chobits...or WISH...

people say that zita (SP) and dima were a pari, albit theyre non-gendered, but they still called it such xd  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:53 pm
none of clamps work has fat people in it

they mostly have skinny legs and arms and big breasts for the girls  

ko_ookoopo

Calliope Della Corte

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:47 pm
koookoopo
none of clamps work has fat people in it

they mostly have skinny legs and arms and big breasts for the girls

Sakura and Tomoyo don't have big breasts. Actually, they're kind of flat.

But yeah, no fat people that I can think of. But obesity isn't as rampant in Japan as it is in the US.

I've only read a little bit of WISH. It doesn't really count as het or slash if one of the characters doesn't have a gender.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:16 pm
i just can't help noticing how clamp made their characters so long? tall...and very slim...like it wasn't drawn in proportion.... sweatdrop  

eirayuki

ko_ookoopo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:22 pm
eira_yuki
i just can't help noticing how clamp made their characters so long? tall...and very slim...like it wasn't drawn in proportion.... sweatdrop

IM ENVING THEM  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:07 am
Maybe they like long black hair?  

yuki_aoi

Roronoa_Yuna

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:06 pm
yuki_aoi
Maybe they like long black hair?

I like Domeki!!!

(sorry spam sweatdrop )  
The xxxHolic Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]