Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:21 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:26 am
*laughs* Alexa, everything in Pokemon was taken from one thing or another. The legendary dogs (proved by Sui), along with many other things. Think about how the Pokemon names we have now resembles words from our language. It fits the formula.  

Seminal Contamination

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:36 am
BotheredNation
*laughs* Alexa, everything in Pokemon was taken from one thing or another. The legendary dogs (proved by Sui), along with many other things. Think about how the Pokemon names we have now resembles words from our language. It fits the formula.

Bite me.

Yes I know that, so if you're going to contest, then how about this:

Where'd they snitch the names from?

domokun  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:38 am
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
BotheredNation

Bite me.

domokun
Everything apart from the characters & Most pokemon: Japanese stuff

Everything else: English stuff.

I WIN! I WIN!

Seminal Contamination

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:26 pm
BotheredNation
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
BotheredNation

Bite me.

domokun
Everything apart from the characters & Most pokemon: Japanese stuff

Everything else: English stuff.

I WIN! I WIN!

stare

*Murders. Hides body in one of the unused Stickies.*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:31 pm
...I'm Buddhist. Well, used to be.

There is an Eight Fold Path in Buddhism. Right Speech, Right Thought, Right Conscience, Right Action, and some other stuff I'm too lazy to remember. I can barely get through the Chinese Zodiac without thinking awhile. X_X  

Chester The Molester

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:45 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:49 pm
Jishin
I'm not Shinto, but I use a lot of it as part of my religious path. I can recommend some books if you want.

The regions for Pok�mon were named after actual real places in Japan. Just so you know. (And in Japan, it's Oore -- pronounced ohh-ray.)

Muwaha.

I'll have to look those up, then. I'm curious for Johto.

Chester__Yea, there's that reason, too.

So perhaps there's a connection between each of the Rights and each of the Badges?

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Chester The Molester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:56 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Jishin
I'm not Shinto, but I use a lot of it as part of my religious path. I can recommend some books if you want.

The regions for Pok�mon were named after actual real places in Japan. Just so you know. (And in Japan, it's Oore -- pronounced ohh-ray.)

Muwaha.

So perhaps there's a connection between each of the Rights and each of the Badges?
Hm..maybe. I'm just interested that all the Kanto city names are colors and plants is the theme for gold and silver...while natural substances is RSE. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:06 pm
Chester The Molester
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Jishin

Muwaha.

Hm..maybe. I'm just interested that all the Kanto city names are colors and plants is the theme for gold and silver...while natural substances is RSE. 3nodding

Actually, Johto follows the same color pattern as Kanto.

Cherrygrove, Violet, Azalea, Goldenrod, Olivine, Cianwood, Ecruteak, Mahogany, Blackthorn, and Silver are all colors. *Comes from a family of artists.*

Plus, a "pallet" is what artists traditionally keep the paints they're using on. You know.. That flat peice of wood that looks like a retarded bean with the hole in it..

Edit: Actually, I can see where thje plants would come in on Johto. But I've never heard of a/an "Goldenrod", "Ecruteak", "Cianwood", or "Blackthorn". neutral

I know those, at least, are colors because I lost my goldenrod Prismacolor at school. T _T.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Chester The Molester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:21 pm
Goldenrod is a flower. I actually think it's a color/plant thing. Ecru is a grey and teak is a wood used for furniture. Cianwood is a wood also, but you can think of it as Cyan and wood. Black and thorn. Thorn isn't a plan, but close enough!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:23 pm
I was disappointed at Hoenn's cities name...it's too, well, city-ish. They sound ordinary enough to be real cities. Oh well, they have a theme in them.  

Chester The Molester

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:31 pm
Chester The Molester
I was disappointed at Hoenn's cities name...it's too, well, city-ish. They sound ordinary enough to be real cities. Oh well, they have a theme in them.

I don't like Hoenn all together.

Do you know how much of a b***h it is to draw that island (since I couldn't get back on last night, I reverted back to my project of making maps for the regions)?
stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:47 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Chester The Molester

Do you know how much of a b***h it is to draw that island (since I couldn't get back on last night, I reverted back to my project of making maps for the regions)?
stressed
...nope. xd  

Chester The Molester

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:38 am
Chester The Molester
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Chester The Molester

stressed
...nope. xd

ZOMG!

Then YOU draw it!

Accurately!

Screw you, more-natural-looking-Hoenn! scream

And I still have to draw the world map, too...

gonk  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces