Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cash4Trash Gaia Purge

Back to Guilds

Cash4Trash Purge-ticipants helping to reduce clutter on Gaia. 

Tags: Cash4Trash, Purge, Declutter, Trading, Dumpster 

Reply Purge Postings
PURGE TRADE STATUS: RETIRED 4/21/2017 Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cash4Trash
Captain

Hopping Hopper

24,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:28 pm
Posted: 3/27/2017

Dear Purge-ticipants,

With a semi-heavy heart, I am sad to announce that as of April 21, 2017 - the Cash4Trash Purge trades will no longer be in service. Some of you may know that I have been chewing on the thought of retirement for awhile now...

While this has not been an easy decision for me, I have decided that after a year and a half of my carrying out this crazy quest to help other people trash their worthless items: Cash4Trash's Purge-trade service will be discontinuing. In this time I have purged over 100,000 items from over 400 different Gaians and feel that retirement is well-deserved.

At first this service was used exclusively for daily chance items, gold shop items, aqua/house tab -- cheap items that could easily disposed of. As trades grew, people started throwing more valuable items at me to "trash" for them. This has caused my inventory to burst at the seams countless times, and with the growth of population for this service so too grew the number of trades and items that were getting accumulated in my own inventory from trying to help other thin out theirs.

At this point, I am receiving over 5,000 items every two weeks and even with decreasing the number of trades I am accepting on a daily basis, I find myself unable to keep up with the demand and at times have nearly 40 trades pending. Since it would be hard to expect someone else to "take over" my work, as it is very tiring and needs constant attention, I have decided that the best outcome - to lessen the stress on myself and not place the burden on someone else - would be to axe the process entirely.

People have become too dependent on my service and need to be willing/able to take the few moments required to deal with their clutter as it accumulates on a daily basis and not wait till they can no longer handle it themselves.

While I will not be accepting trash trades, for the first few weeks (maybe months) I will be offering secondary services to those that need a hand in thinning out their inventories to a point where it is manageable on their own. If this is something you feel that you will need, please message me for details.

I am sorry for the inconvenience I know this may cause some of you, but I do hope that you all will be able to see from my point of view and understand why I feel this decision must be made. I plan on still being around Gaia for awhile yet, just not as heavily as I have been in the past year and a half. I need to distant myself from the virtual world and focus on my dream of being an artist - after all, it is what I went to school for 5 years for.

Sincerely,
    C4T

(Cash4Trash)

Ps - this guild will still be here and I will still do periodical contests. Im not 100% leaving, just spending significantly less time on Gaia.

Please help keep this thread with in the "Latest Posts" list! heart

Wondering if there is anything you can do to help keep things running smoothly?
  • Check this forum periodically to see what the trade status is.
  • If you notice we have a trade open for more than 3 days, I am probably busy doing some art stuff RL - thank you for your patience
    - 2/15 -- Thanks to Lanzer I can now see all of your trades - no more being buried alive!

• Try to avoid sending full trades with everything worth more than 1B.
    - If it is all you have, please wait a few days after sending one trade of high end items before sending another. (this helps me thin things out)

• Keep an eye on my shop for sales. <-link
    -- I occasionally have outfits available as well!
    -- Now also selling very organized things in this thread as well.
  • See something you've always wanted at a great price? Perfect time to nab it!

I will be getting to all of your pending trades ASAP! heart
Thank you for your patience!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:39 pm
That's fine by me! Take some time to reorganize, I understand. One way I do so is by using my locker/house tabs as temporary "To Sell" folders for lower value items. Out of sight, out of mind (for a while)~  

Neziar

Cluttered Codger

44,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Avant Garde 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250

Cash4Trash
Captain

Hopping Hopper

24,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:48 pm
Neziar
That's fine by me! Take some time to reorganize, I understand. One way I do so is by using my locker/house tabs as temporary "To Sell" folders for lower value items. Out of sight, out of mind (for a while)~

haha thanks dear! it's only from the event coming up too much planning and not enough noticing exactly how many trades I've been offering/accepting... xd sometimes I swear I respond to trades in my sleep... eek

I have my locker housing the donated items for the event so those are safe from my quick sales and trashing.. but good idea to use the house locker too.. only thing I have in there is my frog stuff collection.. blaugh mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:07 pm
Cash4Trash
Neziar

haha thanks dear! it's only from the event coming up too much planning and not enough noticing exactly how many trades I've been offering/accepting... xd sometimes I swear I respond to trades in my sleep... eek

I have my locker housing the donated items for the event so those are safe from my quick sales and trashing.. but good idea to use the house locker too.. only thing I have in there is my frog stuff collection.. blaugh mrgreen

It's become such a habit to have an open trade with you, I just caught myself making a new one even though I read the announcement earlier. Oooh is the frog collection complete?  

Neziar

Cluttered Codger

44,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Avant Garde 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250

Cash4Trash
Captain

Hopping Hopper

24,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:10 pm
Neziar
Cash4Trash
Neziar

It's become such a habit to have an open trade with you, I just caught myself making a new one even though I read the announcement earlier. Oooh is the frog collection complete?

haha your trades aren't too bad. its the higher value items that I struggle to keep a good in and out flow since I can't trash them and need to have shop space to sell them to get my offer back.

the frog collection is very incomplete.. I pretty much just have items that were purged to me at one point or another.. not even sure how many frog items there are on gaia. have never really taken the time to look into it yet, but some quite day i may.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:03 pm
heart thank you all for your patience!  

Cash4Trash
Captain

Hopping Hopper

24,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Generous 100

ozkur

28,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • Ghostly Obliterators 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:53 am
ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:41 pm
heart just bumping back into latest posts..  

Cash4Trash
Captain

Hopping Hopper

24,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Generous 100

Cash4Trash
Captain

Hopping Hopper

24,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:44 am
Cash4Trash
heart just bumping back into latest posts..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:23 pm
**sorry temp closed again** too backed up again. Haven't been putting things in my shop..  

Cash4Trash
Captain

Hopping Hopper

24,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Generous 100

Cash4Trash
Captain

Hopping Hopper

24,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:01 pm
heart bumpy bump heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:01 am
Cash4Trash
heart bumpy bump heart

Are you drowning in trades? I've become to lazy to send you any stuff. emotion_facepalm  

ozkur

28,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • Ghostly Obliterators 100

Cash4Trash
Captain

Hopping Hopper

24,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:32 pm
ozkur
Cash4Trash
heart bumpy bump heart

Are you drowning in trades? I've become to lazy to send you any stuff. emotion_facepalm

Ive been doing a good job at keeping up! Dont be lazy!! xp thank you for asking though! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:49 pm
Things will be a little slow for a few days here - post event stuff to get squared away.

Thank you for your patience! heart  

Cash4Trash
Captain

Hopping Hopper

24,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Generous 100

krenaes

Assimilated Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:48 pm
User Image

i hope that this is an appropriate place to thank you for the gift.
i look forward to future games, more so for the fun than for the prizes heart

Purge Postings

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces